Looking to get involved in Human RP

Walford

Hi, I’m Dave.

I played LOTC a few years back, from Anthos-Athera.

I took a big break to focus on my degree and my hobbies, but I’d like to test the waters again.

Everything’s pretty new and unfamiliar to me now so a bit of guidance would be rad.

I’d like to explore the Human RP community in particular, and I’m up for anything character-wise.

I’m:

- in Melbourne, Australia
- a decent writer and MM builder

- very into History – 14th and 15th centuries in particular

I’d love to hear if you’ve got an interesting group or project I can get involved in!

Cheers.

Edited by Walford
grammar

Join Renatus. As far as recent skirmishes and executions go, you will likely end up under Renatus anyways. Why not do it willingly and contribute to the good cause?

Oh BOY have you picked an interesting time to get back into Humans on LOTC.

If you look through the human sections of the forum/wiki it’ll be very confusing (and incredibly propaganda focused), so here’s a TLDR (which may be a tad bias, sorry I’m only human):

• Humans were in the 7th empire under an old emperor and some people got disgruntled under their reign (raiding of vassals and animosity between leaderships between the imperial government and the vassal nation states)
  • This got to a head when the last emperor took hiatus from LOTC and the nation states decided to plan to rebel
  • News got out in a certain way (this is charged, so when I say it was a banned player’s Wander soul, others will disagree), and the previous emperor broke up the empire and killed the title.
  • This caused the vast majority of vassals to promote a new dynasty and reform the holy oren empire. The old imperial government decided to fight this forming the imperium renatus
  • So currently there is the Holy Oren Empire vs Imperium Renatus.

So welcome back, both sides will want to grab you.

Now, as an Oren Imperial (the renatus people are rebels):

Join the Holy Oren Empire and specifically the City of Ves! We’ve the most active city on the server and is ran by a small democracy of all players who are interested (and live within the city), so it’s not PVP focused, and we’re currently expanding the city and some members are starting a literature revolution!

Oren wants to promote RP over ooc and focus less on the PVP dictated politics humans had devolved into, so join the good side! The vast majority of Humans are with us so I can’t see why you’d not be with us.

We've got some aussies in Norland. Decently active, and always looking for new, or returning players. Feel free to send me a PM on here or discord if interested!

30 minutes ago, Walford said:

Hi, I’m Dave.

I played LOTC a few years back, from Anthos-Athera.

I took a big break to focus on my degree and my hobbies, but I’d like to test the waters again.

Everything’s pretty new and unfamiliar to me now so a bit of guidance would be rad.

I’d like to explore the Human RP community in particular, and I’m up for anything character-wise.

I’m:

- in Melbourne, Australia
- a decent writer and MM builder

- very into History – 14th and 15th centuries in particular

I’d love to hear if you’ve got an interesting group or project I can get involved in!

Cheers.

I briefly remember you Dave... I think.

Join a guild, get reacquainted with the server and avoid politics until you have a firm grasp on what is going on.

Let yourself and your character decide what the best course of action is.

If you are interested in highlander rp I’d check out Haense or Curon. Renatus would probably be your best bet if you are looking for more of a heartlander experience. Feel free to add me on discord if you are interested in playing a highlander, I'll be glad to help you get started. (Flapman#1453)

54 minutes ago, Knightei said:

Oren wants to promote RP over ooc and focus less on the PVP dictated politics humans had devolved into, so join the good side! The vast majority of Humans are with us so I can’t see why you’d not be with us.

Losing a skirmish every night does not promote RP. ?

@Walford
Ignore them, let me fill you in on what’s happening.

Half of the humans are at war with the other half of the humans, these guys are just trying to recruit you into their side.

Personally, until you get ahold of what’s going on, I would recommend being a human and living in Sutica. It's neutral and you’re not as likely to get ganked by toxic Renatians for living anywhere else. 

I started in Athera, and I’ve been through the maps all the way into Arcas (Athera, Vailor, Axios, Atlas, Arcas).
I think the most interesting subrace of human to roleplay on, is probably a Farfolk or a Southernos (Arabic or Black); however, the choice of your race is up to you. I just want to make sure you’re out of the line of ooc-rp fire until you're confident of what’s going on. If you need any further insight, my discord is Language#1688.

If you’re interested in any kind of general guidance or receiving information, feel free to contact me on discord (found in my signature) or any other Community Staff member.

Additionally, you are welcome to join the Golden Freecity of Ves, known as ‘Adria’ on road signs. This is the Human city/nation I currently most actively roleplay in. It is also currently the most active nation on the server.

Thanks for the replies so far. Clearly poked my head in at a bad time.

1 hour ago, Lionbileti said:

Tell me what kind of groups you like Dave ? What were you part of in Athera ?

I’ll probably go Heartlander. I think I’d like to try some scholarly/clerical/mundane civic stuff. I mainly just played a builder, but I remember trying some church stuff which was cool.

1 hour ago, Knox said:

Join a guild, get reacquainted with the server and avoid politics

Good advice lol. Any good scholarly guilds?

Being in a bad timezone and pretty trash at PVP I’m not really looking for battles – but,

1 hour ago, Knightei said:

the City of Ves! We’ve the most active city on the server and is ran by a small democracy of all players who are interested (and live within the city), so it’s not PVP focused, and we’re currently expanding the city and some members are starting a literature revolution!

This sounds pretty cool. I’m a fan of the Venetian Republic which this might be similar to? Also keen on literary RP.

Would be interested in finding out more if you want to message me.

I’ll send some messages round. Flighty and still open to suggestions.
Thanks again and hope to meet some of you properly once things calm down.

2 hours ago, Walford said:

Hi, I’m Dave.

Hi.

It’s basically a world war. One human faction vs another human faction, both with allies. Get stuck in wherever you want bro, but you should defo join a side, since shits getting interesting.

1 hour ago, Medvekoma said:

Losing a skirmish every night does not promote RP. ?

I’m sure it directly relates to Ves nearly tripling Helena’s activity though

I recommend you try and avoid the civil war so your return to LoTC doesn’t immediately give you a bunch of RP and OOC enemies. Go hang out in Sutica, become a Druid, etc. Just don’t start your new LoTC adventure with all this drama.

However, if you are INSISTENT in joining an active and diverse human nation.. The facts from the recent activity data point to Adria. If you want to play something other than a default white human, there are the Farfolk, Easterners, and Southeron.

1d5a23c288.png
6b8cc90be7e68bc05edfc09438884311.png
55deebdcc379da8a6ec505cb7dabb673.png

To see the full history, https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/179856-arcas-activity-data/

this kind of thread is fun, because people are so desesperate for extra players on their own playerbases that no matter what you’ll get a thousand of replies. it doesn’t matters if you’re an active settlement or nation or anything but people are so hungry for that one extra player that can help filling their activity quota or extra pvp footman and there’ll be a lot of things we come up with ?