Looking to get involved in Human RP

Walford

1 minute ago, Man of Respect said:

this kind of thread is fun, because people are so desesperate for extra players on their own playerbases that no matter what you’ll get a thousand of replies. it doesn’t matters if you’re an active settlement or nation or anything but people are so hungry for that one extra player that can help filling their activity quota and there’ll be a lot of things we come up with ?

Which is why my first statement was also “just stay in a neutral place til you know what’s going on” cause Norland and Renatus and all these people are trying to recruit him.. and I just don’t want him to be lied to ?

Hi there and welcome back to the server. I’m, infact, the second-in-command of Sutica, but I wouldn’t actually recommend rping here if you want to get into human rp. The city seems to stay away from politics in general, so you wouldn’t learn much and would be highly susceptible to lack of information about human rp in this nation (There was a tendancy before this war to paint every vassal as the Empire and even the Church as the Empire). Esspecially during the war as anyone who is invested in human politics (besides my character) is over in the human nations.Also it is a completely different RP experience which is based less aroudn trying to provide a gritty-realism depiction of medieval politics and more light-hearted slice of life stuff with the occasional edge-lord thrown in the mix.  I would recommend to RP here though as a starter city with a character not related to going to the Human side of rp just yet. You can use it to travel to the different nations and areas and just pick up what style RP you want to be in, and also just sit back and watch the **** fling on the forums between Renatus and Oren.

In conclusion, either just pick a place to go at random or just avoid entering into human rp in the first place for a bit.

7 hours ago, Knightei said:

Oh BOY have you picked an interesting time to get back into Humans on LOTC.

If you look through the human sections of the forum/wiki it’ll be very confusing (and incredibly propaganda focused), so here’s a TLDR (which may be a tad bias, sorry I’m only human):

• Humans were in the 7th empire under an old emperor and some people got disgruntled under their reign (raiding of vassals and animosity between leaderships between the imperial government and the vassal nation states)
  • This got to a head when the last emperor took hiatus from LOTC and the nation states decided to plan to rebel
  • News got out in a certain way (this is charged, so when I say it was a banned player’s Wander soul, others will disagree), and the previous emperor broke up the empire and killed the title.
  • This caused the vast majority of vassals to promote a new dynasty and reform the holy oren empire. The old imperial government decided to fight this forming the imperium renatus
  • So currently there is the Holy Oren Empire vs Imperium Renatus.

So welcome back, both sides will want to grab you.

Now, as an Oren Imperial (the renatus people are rebels):

Join the Holy Oren Empire and specifically the City of Ves! We’ve the most active city on the server and is ran by a small democracy of all players who are interested (and live within the city), so it’s not PVP focused, and we’re currently expanding the city and some members are starting a literature revolution!

Oren wants to promote RP over ooc and focus less on the PVP dictated politics humans had devolved into, so join the good side! The vast majority of Humans are with us so I can’t see why you’d not be with us.

For people who are really into RP, you lot rarely follow our RP when we execute you over and over.

It’s probably evident that there’s going to be bias here and there, and I’m probably guilty of it myself since I’m a part of Ves. With the amount of activity we’ve consistently maintained and the variety of RP one’s able to find in the city, you’d definitely be able to find a sphere similar to what you’ve mentioned you’re looking for with clerical and literary domains. Alongside the sprawling bureaucracy, the people helping manage the city (I’m the City Clerk there, finance stuff,) are very open to new ideas and developments.

If you’ve any questions whatsoever don’t hesitate to reach out to me over the forums or Discord, (Belligerent Boar#9306.) I’m sure one of the others who’ve responded before can explain a bunch of how the city works and functions, but if you’ve got any ideas it’s definitely a good place to start, RP is always facilitated and there’s a ton of routes to take!

@Walford

If you’re who I think you are, an old head like you belongs in Haense or Ves tbh. It’s more catered to the old system of how human RP is ran, Renatus is a mixture of the newer generation and a few others.

Ves has a few old guard behind them and so does Haense.

38 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

@Walford

If you’re who I think you are, an old head like you belongs in Haense or Ves tbh. It’s more catered to the old system of how human RP is ran, Renatus is a mixture of the newer generation and a few others.

Ves has a few old guard behind them and so does Haense.

Listen to this man, this guy is staff! He kind of recognized you and that’s cool. I remember you coming to Ves the other night when that shirtless guy was screaming “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH”.

Don’t mind that guy, he’s TrendE, a renatian that likes to bother the **** out of us.