[✗] The Divine Beasts of Arcas

mateolog

Divine Beasts

fScz6jP8Y6TZ6iL1-V2XIXWpowtXV9KHpMxmZgaPTX0TTbekixVd3D1U4TWubVZG3vRQHaF2NvpEtL6yN9pj3nyjYQqbaxoQA28_hZ8Wx-lv_APPLa7HJphGFQtbEn-khojIqvij

Length: 6 – 8 m

Mass: 3,600 – 5,400 kg

Native to Arcas the Divine Beasts are one of the strangest creatures ever encountered by the descendants. They look like a large mix between a rabbit, hound, and bird. It is believed that the Divine beasts have been here for as long as Arcas itself has existed. Their name comes from the fact that if there ever was a king/god of all creatures these beings would be it. Being solitary creatures they fly above the skies of Arcas alone with no company.

wDXsHK5zC05nacc1rEa_rRs7-49EGhN_atgjZS8VutLAJQkDP8vXqLgzKqP8AMEBdMtyPM-V2VD3tUx9gvQKVniApGUG-FBmHpSrRbLbWFUYm8KMIOujY7NajUCPNF1LsLSAW0U0

Abilities:

Divine beasts are quite similar to drakes as they both have the ability to spit fire and soar the skies without problem. However there are other attributes they posses which their scaly counterparts do not have.These beasts seem to take all their power from the sun, when the sun goes down they also go to rest and turn into stone on top of a mountain or hill, indistinguishable from an average large rock. Because all their power comes directly from the sun these beasts do not need to eat. The Divine Beasts do not seem to be able to age.

The blood of these beasts is said to be able to be corrosive, so much so that it can burn through iron. Their horns on the other hand are believed to have healing properties when consumed, being able to rejuvenate individuals and individual horn being able to allow one to have 25 more years of life.

Origins and habitat:

No one knows for sure how these beasts came into being, but the fact that they possess abilities unlike most living things make people believe that they must be sent by a god(s) to protect the creatures of Arcas. These creatures do not seem to reproduce nor to have genders which emboldens the theories of a divine creation. Because they do not reproduce they are a finite number of them (around 16 (15 assuming that the horns and blood are true as one must have been killed)). These beings fly all over Arcas, watching over its land as if it were guarding over it.

EAL3GhEkPzANKg2MpP31m_FO0nOPZgE6Z6XB77HdY6oh2mg9dKVMq-Wug7nZnafuqWgVOMt4lMFpspZQaB9qTSkHpojoF0IiKTDbPBBYyCrDfw8k4IlUYPOI5V71K18AKVclb7WU

Hostility/mentality:

Divine Beasts are not hostile at all. They are extremely smart creatures and see the world beneath them as one would look at insects. If attacked however they will defend themselves with a strength few can match. But in any case these beasts are not tamable as they would never bow down to a lesser creature.

kfrwZ6Yoxyzc_OBfudeCwxfaGRza0jrjK3vLl_ZM788Qm-ANxjKn2rGLu1HOJZFN8wOdJxVOuxkyK6_t43vvSQqFuoJKM8eZX8jsYYNWXmx6P5j_RwFQJ00ZwLMbTxhOyxmHiRPT

---OOC INFO---

Purpose:
These creatures are meant to give a mystical feel to the lands of Arcas. Also it would allow the player base to interact with the beings of the world and have a direct effect on them. Will they protect these beings or will they hunt them down to extinction? This I believe would give more depth and meaning to the world. The fact that these beast have the ability to cure aging (temporarily) would make them a target to those descendants that do not wish to die.

Redlines:

• Divine Beasts are only allowed to be played by ET

• Divine Beasts cannot be tamed nor befriended, they can be talked to to try to learn information about Arcas but first you would need to give the Beast a reason to come down (which is difficult as they don’t possess any needs). If one seeks to gain its attention they must show it something it would have never seen in its lifetime (various magic users using certain magics, in certain ways could impress it).

• Divine Beasts do not flee from battle or confrontation. They are beings that do not know fear nor have ever experienced it.

• Divine Beasts are very difficult to kill, needing a group of very well prepared individuals to take one down.

• Divine beasts would deal with things from the sky shooting fire at its enemies. It needs to be brought down forcefully (Through harm to its wings). Then engaged on the the ground.

• A post needs to be made any time a Divine Beast has been killed as their numbers are limited and the number of these creatures left is important to know.

• These Beasts will not leave Arcas

Edited by ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

I like the idea, it gives a boost to the fantasy feeling.

looks like a good way to metagame
only other gripe is the reference pics, definitely cartoony and stuff.

11 minutes ago, Auriel_ said:

looks like a good way to metagame
only other gripe is the reference pics, definitely cartoony and stuff.

Could you explain your concern so I can fix it if possible? 

Alright first time I’ve posted in awhile.

This has promise. My first suggestion is probably around the same as Auriel. Redline it that one of these cannot be asked about what regular players are doing. Maybe for the history of Arcas as a landmass but not, say, asking it what the Potato Farmer was doing with the Mystics or some crap.

Secondly, a question, as to why Ascended magic allows communication? Am I missing something.

I feel like this also needs more substance to it. It’s a very brief read for something that could belay an extensively large amount of World Lore interaction, and could use more fluff and meat to it, make it heavy, make it bold.

As for the attributes of its body parts I’d poke at whomever is doing the Alchemical rewrite, Dunstan maybe, and talk those possibilities out with the ST to make sure they’re not going to lead to a potion of **** you im immortal or s o m e t h i n g.

Aethling/Luci already dropped it into druid chat cause they’re apparently a natural creature though if you’d like to avoid Druids trying to cuckhold them for events, cause I know that worry will crop up if this piece is accepted, I would see about asking ST and looking into the Pantheon lore to have them as a creation of something other than the Aspects to make things more even on the playing field.

I’m very tired and sick so just shout at me on discord in the coming days if you want me to provide anything else. This is niquil keefy signing out.

8 hours ago, Keefy said:

Alright first time I’ve posted in awhile.

This has promise. My first suggestion is probably around the same as Auriel. Redline it that one of these cannot be asked about what regular players are doing. Maybe for the history of Arcas as a landmass but not, say, asking it what the Potato Farmer was doing with the Mystics or some crap.

Secondly, a question, as to why Ascended magic allows communication? Am I missing something.

I feel like this also needs more substance to it. It’s a very brief read for something that could belay an extensively large amount of World Lore interaction, and could use more fluff and meat to it, make it heavy, make it bold.

As for the attributes of its body parts I’d poke at whomever is doing the Alchemical rewrite, Dunstan maybe, and talk those possibilities out with the ST to make sure they’re not going to lead to a potion of **** you im immortal or s o m e t h i n g.

Aethling/Luci already dropped it into druid chat cause they’re apparently a natural creature though if you’d like to avoid Druids trying to cuckhold them for events, cause I know that worry will crop up if this piece is accepted, I would see about asking ST and looking into the Pantheon lore to have them as a creation of something other than the Aspects to make things more even on the playing field.

I’m very tired and sick so just shout at me on discord in the coming days if you want me to provide anything else. This is niquil keefy signing out.

Thank you for taking time to read it and giving a meaningful critique. I will take time to refine the this post based on this. If you see anything else I am always willing to improve my work.

This lore has been denied as per this thread: click me. 2 weeks were given to reformat and correct the submission to match the current criteria, which were not done.

If you believe this is a mistake (as this was a big sweep, yours may have been overlooked), please contact me over the forums here: click me.