[✗] The Margim (Orc sub-race)

Smaw

The Margim

CxobHdOF7LcXm_bGJ7GIYLaq99V3AKqnXflOgatEGfy51jxJhVb1gPDc6_944kK_TzdDHrzhiXj0uuRDyAKSjkCumVQhCs2W24bnwlWJvSX1WAXCIxXfqqbZXoHO7jfqSZlzXj7a

It was not the name he had been given at birth, but it was the one assigned to him later in his life.

Margim meant exile, a name that suited an Orc with tusks as small as teeth, and skin so pale it would burn and scar within the Desert sands. His stature left much to be desired, and his glacial eyes were ruined by the suns vibrant rays.

For this, he could not fight as his brethren, and for this, he was banished.

As he left he felt his mind wander, to thoughts of snow and ice, a pull that did not feel his own. Perhaps it was best, for the frigid north could match the frosty sting of isolation.

In the cold north he found solace. At least here he could eat, his skin a natural camouflage.

KhNnFZQSJnVtcQMqaWYYtf3SJXgxVjYLRktZ4TXzhFooBpgjV5dGQGgU_kScBMWMZXITeu6r0o6ECKRvt-eZrtk6SW3oq6lncIETtpm5iIfJnY3jBsHGKV517lPIjviWRA2NiWsu

In the depths of his cave, the crackling of his fire was disturbed only by the howling winds that swept outside. It was not long before it found its way into his abode, snuffing out his only source of warmth and light.

As he struggled around in the darkness a voice began to emanate from the walls. It revealed itself to be Vost, a Spirit of Snow and Ice. It offered him power in exchange for servitude; that no other Spirit could be venerated.

The anger and desperation in Margim’s heart struck out; not for his people, but for his own weakness. He accepted the deal, and he was forever changed.

His tusks would develop, encased in precarious layers of ice. Pale skin grew fur, short but enough to suit the cold environment of the north. With eyes renewed and strength in his bones, he set out to find more that would turn.

What are the the Margim?

YhpYlYYNjdCOV-2zu0xx7uKHjLqlItdcQbj27n5ak6zAj0wWmvsacOzqbwt5ENl8YMYM1HtMFj_waOM451KBdQhdI8ndhR1JnCU2Dn8idNSFnU-_Jipwo9cPCtJMYzYvRcXy6dZG
(Margim, the first of his kind)

The Margim are Orcs who have accepted the gift of Vost, or those born of them. Most Margim have been born as such, and have always had the typical features of their kind.

Features:

Margim are typically white or grey, with short fur that matches this colouration. Their eyes are glacial blue, their tusks held together only with ice.

As you would expect they are susceptible to heat, and take increased damage from these sources. They are near incapable of walking within the Desert for long periods, as this inevitably leads to death from heat exhaustion. In well lit areas, their sight is compromised and they often struggle with tasks such as hunting. 

Due to their adaptation to the cold, their veins are much smaller and they do not bleed out as quickly from wounds. In terms of Magic, they are incapable of using any elemental arts that do not relate to Water, though there are no specific limitations outside of this; for instance, they can still learn Blood Magic, et cetera.

The strength that they receive from Vost only makes them equal to the average Orc, apart from the aforementioned weaknesses they have. For this reason, they are otherwise typical of an Orc when it comes to size, weight and general strength.

Edited by Smaw

Snorcs when?

If they were just a weaker strain of orcs with albinism being common in their race that’d be cool. Whole thing involving ice and **** holding their tusks together and not bleeding out quickly seems dumb but it’s whatever. 

Looks cool, i personally think it would have been fine to make it a culture, instead of a subrace, but the implementation of it is interesting. +1

+1 Seems like it’d be really fun to play, and have some unique RP

+1 join the snelves

Why are tusks small. Should be big tusks cowards

+1 snorcs snorcs snorcs

8 hours ago, Tato said:

special snowflake orcs that can't interact with the rest of the orcs because they can’t enter a desert?

and... bleed out slower?

wtf does blood magic have to do with anything?

A 100 word half-assed lore sub with barebones and hella lacking details that serves no purpose and doesn't conform to the lore sub guide/standards is a waste of space in a loremag

Orcs are living in the Savannah!

Edited by Smaw

I feel like lore isn't necessary for this, I’ve played cave-orcs and goblins myself with some other people, it was actually a very fun experience. 

This lore has been denied as per this thread: click me. 2 weeks were given to reformat and correct the submission to match the current criteria, which were not done.

If you believe this is a mistake (as this was a big sweep, yours may have been overlooked), please contact me over the forums here: click me.