SimplySeo

The Starbreaker Response

MMIBQKe.png

[!] The following is nailed upon the notice board of Kal’Varoth, and is submitted to the Council Chambers, and Throne Room of Urguan.

It is with a heavy heart that I, Jorvin Starbreaker, Clan-Lord of the Elder Clan of Starbreaker, Commander within the Legion of Urguan, Rikkin on the council of the Elective Constitutional Monarchy of Agnarum and Underrealms of Urguan, and Battle-Brother of the Legion of Mercy declare the following. Through the actions of High Preceptor Fili Grandaxe in forcing me to partake in a grudge that is, in all likelihood illegal, my hand has been forced. After refusing to first see the grudge overseen in court, I indeed dueled the Grandaxe to a standstill who, rather than call an end to the grudge and admit his fault, has demanded my attendance to another duel a day from now, and presumably, will continue to do so until one of us has left the field dead.

The Grudge declared against me has not only been almost universally condemned, including by participants of the previous grudge who accepted the outcome, but also by the courts. Rather than wait for his grudge to be ruled upon, Fili instead forced upon me a time limit. Furthermore, he who was slain in battle during the previous duel had been disowned beforehand by reigning Clan Father of the Elder Clan of Grandaxe, Borin, a fact Fili seemingly either did not care about, nor recognize.

The Settlement of the grudge demands I not only step down from the clan I have led to such prominence, but more importantly I take upon myself the name of ‘Silverfinger’, a name issued not to those Starbreakers who were merely dishonorable, but to those who collaborated in the past with the Elder Clan of Ironborn, something I have not done. Furthermore, it is not within the authority of the High Preceptor to demand this of me, as only the ruling Clan Father of the Starbreakers, or the majority of Clan Elders may declare one ‘Silverfinger’.

The Falsehood on which the grudge was declared also forces me to bring to light several facts. It had been claimed my actions were murder, this is a falsehood and the majority of Clan Grandaxe can attest to such, including the Clan Father Borin Grandaxe, and Lord Thane Gimli ‘Metalfist’ Grandaxe, among others. Previously before, Thondil had announced in the open his intention was to slay me in the duel. Furthermore, Thondil participated in the duel willingly, knowing full well the terms, and was provisioned with full armor and weapons, despite being disowned by Clan Grandaxe prior to the duel.

The Fact of the matter is, that because High Preceptor Fili Grandaxe cannot enforce my exile, nor my taking of the name Silverfinger, there is nothing to prevent my fellow Clansmen from immediately shedding me of the foul name, and reinstating me as Clan Father once all is said and done, as I possess their full support in these matters, therefore making the grudge pointless in almost every matter save the Oath, at which point I will point out to High Preceptor Fili Grandaxe that, despite the boy being of age, and therefore eligible for participation in the duel, that I too am by that logic, a beardling, as I too am under the age of a hundred.

The Request I make to the King, Council, High Court, and Clergy of Urguan is simple. Disregard the grudge lodged by Fili Grandaxe, or I will be forced to, with the full backing of my clan, leave Urguan. While I do not encourage anyone to follow me, I will not dissuade them should they chose so. My clan is in possession of upwards of 17k Minas, which I originally intended to use in purchasing land outside the city for my clan to make use of, I will use this money, along with all provisions at my disposal to fund my departure. I possess no intention of declaring ‘Independence’ for the blood-oath I swore in loyalty to Agnarum and, by extension Urguan still remains, however it has become clear that should no action be taken, my clan will no longer be able to reside within her borders, as i reiterate once more, they will not accept my abdication anymore than I do.

To King Fimlin Grandaxe, I request you read my words carefully and take action. I also request you recognize this for what it is, for this is neither me testing my authority, nor am I questioning yours. My loyalty is to Urguan, this remains until I openly declare otherwise.

To Clan Irongrinder, my stalwart friends, your requests to represent me in the duel flatter and honor me, and as the preservers of Urguan’s legacy, I trust you too recognize this ultimatum for what it is. Zahrer, for many years my kin have blamed you for the loss of Runesmithing, I do not, and my respect for you was genuine, and never in vain attempt to learn the art, despite my desire to do so. Atandt, my friend, you insisted you represent me in battle, and for that you will always be welcome in my halls.

To Clan Frostbeard, your open support for me in these matters does you great honor. Despite your actions in the past, your folk have always remained proper Dwarves in my eyes, perhaps too aggressive for my liking, but I would be a hypocrite for criticizing you. You will find your way within Urguan, I believe this so, and it will be a glorious day when it is done, for none may stand up against the might of Frost and Stone.

To Clan Grandaxe, let it be known my quarrel was never with you all as a whole, for I still possess immense respect for you, even Fili and Borin, despite me strongly disagreeing with their styles of leadership. Gimli, my dear friend, it was you and your son Dain who, when I was half-mad, and distrustful of my own clan thanks to Torkan, I relied on the most. I do not think you realize just how much I look up to you both, and I would gladly fight beside you both at any time again.

To the Clergy of Urguan, deem me heretical if you wish, I am a kinslayer, that I concede, it is something which, given the happenings of the last century, many of you share with me. I have not, and never will be, ‘Silverfinger’, for my allegiance is to Yemekar and the Brathmordakin alone, the blood of Velkan that runs through my veins does not change this, as I am a Starbreaker, and always will be.

In conclusion, my dear friends, I care for you, and I care for Urguan, and I pray reason is seen in the end. If it is not, and this grudge is to remain, than these may be the last words I speak to you in a long time. But I, and Clan Starbreaker will endure, as we always have.

Narvak oz Urguan, Narvak oz da Kornazkarumm

1816174404_runes(2).png.0e5eb77933656c209e6456352e4dfda1.png

Thumril would grab his pipe and would light it up" Jorvin.... *cough cough*... oi neva 'ad a noice talk wit' ya... *cough cough*... but oi guess w'at ye plannin to dew should be sumt'in none can stop ye... *cough*... evere dwed departs its kin, to go on a journey an'... *cough cough*..."he would drop his pipe and with his right fist he would hit his left side of his breast that starts to show stone patterns" exoile t'emselves... to foind redemption... oi did it an' me kin befo me did it... ye should nae blaem yerself for t'e grudge ye made..."he would roll the letter up and keep it in his diary.

*Nepir sits on a small beach his ship on the shore as he reads over the paper giving a deep sign* "this looks to much like the story of gimli and edel. *slowly starts to scribble a note sending it off before returning to remove barnicals from the ship.*

[!] A little morning breeze would rush over the grey cold skin of Bjor’s petrified corpse carrying the words originating from the Under-Realm.

((Bjor has been gone for a week, and we’re already missing the love. I knew those Sugartitshugs were essential to the dwarven community.))

Posted (edited)

Borin would read the notice board and see the grudge declared upon Jorvin  ”  Despite Thondil knowing the action ‘e took and wot may be da outcome, I would nae say ye gave em a chance to yield. As wen ye two entered da pit, Thondil tried to thrust ‘is spear towards ye but en yer retaliation, ye brought yer ‘ ammeh down onto ‘is ‘ ead.” A tear would fall from Borin’s eye before saying ” I ded nae see aneh givin chance fer Thondil tu yield, as before  ‘e could even talk dere wos ah ‘ammeh in ‘is skull.” Borin would leave the notice board and walk toward the crypts of Kal’Varoth. 

Edited by lucasking321

Hekkaes Goldhand reads the paper from the sky daemon prison “E’, Oi would be’ damned but ef Fimlen dunnae acts fast ‘nd pruperle’ ‘e moig’t luse ein eron ‘is best kazamars.

4 hours ago, lucasking321 said:

Borin would read the notice board and see the grudge declared upon Jorvin  ”  Despite Thondil knowing the action ‘e took and wot may be da outcome, I would nae say ye gave em a chance to yield. As wen ye two entered da pit, Thondil tried to thrust ‘is spear towards ye but en yer retaliation, ye brought yer ‘ ammeh down onto ‘is ‘ ead.” A tear would fall from Borin’s eye before saying ” I ded nae see aneh givin chance fer Thondil tu yield, as before  ‘e could even talk dere wos ah ‘ammeh in ‘is skull.” Borin would leave the notice board and walk toward the crypts of Kal’Varoth. 

“So, tha’ boy tried ta kill em by runnin’ em through wit’ ah spear. But when Jorvin actually kills em after smashin’ ‘is head with a hammer, it’s ‘is fault?” Thorgrimm asked. 

“Yeh ‘ave meh support Jorvin, but ah believe yeh should stay put no matteh wot. Show teh entire kingdom yer resolve in bein’ ah leadeh.” Ulhart says poking his head out from a hole in the wall before retreating back in. 

5 hours ago, lucasking321 said:

"Yer lad was intent on killin' Jorvin so 'e 'ad ta stroike first, de ya t'ink 'e enjoyed doin' it? Nae 'e just 'ad ta make a call fer ta good o' ta Clan." Crevin would mutter as he continued his work.

22 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

"Yer lad was intent on killin' Jorvin so 'e 'ad ta stroike first, de ya t'ink 'e enjoyed doin' it? Nae 'e just 'ad ta make a call fer ta good o' ta Clan." Crevin would mutter as he continued his work.

[!] Jorvin did, in fact enjoy it. He will, however, refrain from saying so.

Never before in Dwarven History has so great a crime gone unpunished. An honor duel against a beardling, one who was not even the target of the grudge that spurred the incident. The duel was never officiated by a member of the clergy nor approved by both Enforcers nor overseen and officiated by the Rikkin’s Council. The duel, was never meant to be to the death but to first yield. After incapacitating Thondil, Jorvin chose of his own free will to murder the boy, not giving him the chance to yield nor have his wound cared so that he might have a chance to survive. The boy was a beardling, never having had the chance to pass his trials, nor lay with a woman, nor experience a full life that all Dwedmar ought to have the right to. All of that was stolen from him.

Jorvin Silverfinger is a cold-blooded murderer and kinslayer, damned to eternal torment in the clutches of Khorvad.

1 minute ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

Never before in Dwarven History has so great a crime gone unpunished. An honor duel against a beardling, one who was not even the target of the grudge that spurred the incident. The duel was never officiated by a member of the clergy nor approved by both Enforcers nor overseen and officiated by the Rikkin’s Council. The duel, was never meant to be to the death but to first yield. After incapacitating Thondil, Jorvin chose of his own free will to murder the boy, not giving him the chance to yield nor have his wound cared so that he might have a chance to survive. The boy was a beardling, never having had the chance to pass his trials, nor lay with a woman, nor experience a full life that all Dwedmar ought to have the right to. All of that was stolen from him.

Jorvin Silverfinger is a cold-blooded murderer and kinslayer, damned to eternal torment in the clutches of Khorvad.

"Ye are nae ta law." A Starbreaker would grumble.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Noobman said:

Karathor gowled upon hearing the words. ”Foine words comin from te’ loikes of ye’. Ye’ murdered te’ second King of Mynebor wit’out second t’oug’. A dwed w’o ‘ad repented fer e’s croimes. Yer word means not’ing te’ me’. He would say coldly. 

Posted (edited)

[!] Preceptor Baldin Frostbeard reads over the announcement ad gives a loud sigh Tha whole matter wes delt with baddleh frem all sides. A’ truly belive tha ef Jorvin ‘ad net killed tha lad tha lad would ef killed ‘em. Et es true tha lad wes seemingly a babe a few stone weeks ago, bat apparently based on mi research tha lad wes around 42 years old. This makes him a teenager aye ‘e wes young, bat ‘e wes also old enough to fo tu war fer his kin, this makes ‘im alegeable tu fight en an ‘onor duel. SHould ‘es father ‘ad fought in ‘is stead? Tha es net fer mi er any otha tu decide. Et es true tha the clergy should ef been informed ef tha ‘onor duel tu make sure tha et planned out correctle’ bat thes is a mistake which es net worth branding someone fer. A’ truleh belive the ‘igh Preceptor Fili comes frem a good place, trying tu fufill ‘is dute’ as tha ‘ead ef tha clergy and as a member ef tha Grandaxe clan...’owever ‘e should ef talked tu tha rest ef tha clergy before ‘and as ‘is voice es tha voice ef tha clergy and ef ‘e says somethin inflamatory et will reflect en all ef us. A’ ‘ope we can all ‘ave this mess put behind es.

2 hours ago, J33xt101 said:

Karathor gowled upon hearing the words. ”Foine words comin from te’ loikes of ye’. Ye’ murdered te’ second King of Mynebor wit’out second t’oug’. A dwed w’o ‘ad repented fer e’s croimes. Yer word means not’ing te’ me’. He would say coldly. 

[!] Baldin chuckles One renounces tha claim tu tha name ef dwed when ‘e kills a fellow dwedmar er worships Khorvad. Thes means tha killing ‘im wes net kinslayin at all. Ef ‘e trule’ repented ‘e would ef come tu tha clergy and begged fer forgiveness fer ‘is sins.

Edited by ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

a ghost would appear shaking his head as he hears borins tears and sees these actions "wyvrun es de onle god for me now and starbreaker clan could have yielded but I had the intention of killing 'I'm so he just might not deserve suc'" then would disappear into the void forever never being saw by anyone