First, we Sail out! [RP]

D4NNA

Spoiler

Hello! This is the Forum post for Roleplay that is handled outside of the server. This happens still In-Character, altough you are not bound to what you write here, it could and very well be part of the naval storyline. Please refrain from using the information in this thread for meta and keep OOC to a minimun, other than that you’re free to design your post however you would like!
Cheers! For Questions message me on Discord D4NNA#6850

First ‘proper’ ship seen on the expedition. Circa 1715

B96fA4ljYQmOMAGrITZDwEXhaGaGBdkS_rcBn3FtI7tJ0MYxcKclgsKTSNtst-vegxh-ql1ROSJwkxH5C60RVIaX-lQeHqOMIBY-IFztS10SAucDjs-Ms9u2dbFnQtQMScnDdxg

“The smallest landlubbers, callin’ themselves the halflins received a bounty that would lead them to the shipwreck, as they ventured out from brandybrook’s decks they would quickly find out the shipwreck was no fluke and that another ship had been shattered to pieces there while trying to retrieve the much acclaimed treasure… Was it the aggression of other ocean-travelling folk or just another casualty of the forceful tides that often brought a wet demise to unsuspecting sailors… ? The warning remained, but with the demise of the other ships a lucky group of landlubbers have taken the opportunity to check out what sweet loot these remains had to offer. They were greeted with relics of long past lives and the unwelcoming otherworldly presence of an apparition that had formed from the many lost souls that drowned or died any other horrible death upon the ocean. Seeing that everything eventually sinks down to the ocean floor to ultimately rot away, the shipwreck preserved itself as a warning to all those who are foolish enough to venture out into the unknown seas unprepared.

CloDqpIX9Lj5XGOe8vgn25szX57H4rB7c7vjYPc7G1VqsXFVbcoxT6AhSySw6h3mozjp9DC5vq35LuUT0FGDb9U6AhfurzFhXKqjv59Hay6THtR5R-wNH-eSm97xrRfgi0PXSb8

A storm was coming...

TAQmN6LQyHgnnl5_Kv5fWwXJdS_dWQrNSYnpAtN-n1zapuf8XSj1QbSxP10m-hoVdvx_Pj5Xlb7hJU7DhJQCwz-GH1sMffsTJY5Eq6fgb2AjuVn2VU-qOJ0bpyQg8QVV3LXQqIM

Luckily the Pirates were giving the landlubbers who received the bounty missive instructions and cared for their safe travel across the seas. Although with the whole population of ocean-dwellers on the line they had no other way but to cooperate with the main-land centric descandants, who were currently in the turmoils of war.

Cap’n Octatre’ was send out with a small but dedicated crew to establish contact with the crews that were able to sail out far into the ocean. Far behind the high tides, where rocky formations would carve the floor beneath the surface, a menace would slowly inch closer. It was a sinister creature that would devour everything in its vicinity. As the creature was a very slow organism, the ocean-dwellers & descendants alike wouldn’t know about it at all until its large unsaturated hunger would mess with the whole eco-system. of the uncharted seas Large amounts of flat, marbly bone substance would wash up from the depths of the sea. It was completely dead material,  preserved in form, but devoid of life. Once a living organism was turned to dry bones, the salvaged lifeforce would be absorbed by the creature. With the now established contacts to the mainland the pirates hope to salvage the ancient remains of the precursors of the Arkos seas to put an end to this terrible creature, and hopefully free the ancient civilisation trapped beneath a blanket of bones….”
sb9XaJl8DuMv6_Zi8t6GhzprcPuAtD_bG5VCOokL2FjvcUHEPASM5dhBX13MqSEAr1S5LEusqjWV8Z5CaNe0iETrfVvMHw_vt04C7y4DrElnEX4HlefMLTCRsgTwIQE7HbSkll8

*The old man would sign the book, on the last page was a drawing of the shipwrecks at sea. He went to the library of dragur to publish his observation upon sea.*

Daisy Applefoot would look out to the sea, smiling “Sure beh a wide open sea ou’ t’ere. Oi can’ wai’ un’ill Deek Drif’wood finishes t’a boa’ fer is wee folks!”

((I’ll be taking part in this Forum Roleplay. Let’s see if @Porkgasm will join with his sailor halfling as well))

The world famous Halfling sailor would sit on the Docks of Brandybrook, swinging his hairy feet as they dangle over the lapping water. "Ah wonder what's cause 'em boats ta sink...or 'ow tha' Pirate Captain got ta lookin' look Arugula..." He wonders idly to himself, sipping on a bottle of Golden rum sitting next to him. He was sure that he would be able to find out soon enough.

Uya the “Brine-Tusk” straps her flask and her trusty cutlass to her belt, before stepping up to the pirate vessel’s forecastle. She grunts as she raises a spyglass to her uncovered eye.

“Zeemz lyk ztormeh weatha ahead, Kap’.. but da krew will bi at yer zide.” 

((Joining in, if you don’t mind!))

(( @D4NNA are we going to begin the forum roleplay or wait for more people to join?))

Edited by NotEvilAtAll

Spoiler

The Forum Roleplay Begins and ties into the current Bounty 

The surface of the Sea was silent, the moonlight would paint the waves in sovereign silver light. Beneath me were the depths of the ocean. I was venturing out to the far reaches of the oceans to retrieve more information about the ancient civilisation that would remain submerged in a timeless, yet eternally ruined state. While I was met with absolute solitude upon my travels, I would find a clue amidst this tranquility, or was it an omen? … Several petrified, or... should I say ‘bonified’ creatures would emerge on the surface, while I was suspecting nothing more but rotten carcasses of lesser, creature I was met with a horrible realisation. The strange disease had turned several, if not most of the body of what I’ve found to bone... I ventured deeper into the horizon. The dawn of day would come and shortly followed by the omen of the night before I’ve found my ship trapped in a vortex that would pull me further into the ocean... I’ve lost all sense of orientation and beneath me the waters would turn dark & cloudy, as if a storm had sunken into the dephts of the ocean.
Never have I felt such a sinister presence in the seas, nor have I ever been struck with such a despair.
It was in this dire hour of need when I’ve met an old friend and saviour, Octatré. He emerged from the waters and seemed unaffected by the strange disease, before I could properly greet him, he would tell me...
“You need to … make sure they... get this bottle..” he held an empty bottle of Cap’n rum in his hand, which he would give me. It were old scriptures of the creature that seem to be one of the first depictions of this sinister menace...  Before I could hook this old squidface with my fishing rod he was gone and deep into the waters... he left me a bottle with all the information I need, now all that was left for me to do is to leave this death-vortex and focus on the task ahead, find the Crews that could put up the needed forces to defeat this menace to all sea-dwellers....

[!] One day, Daisy Applefoot would be paddling through the waters near Aegrothond in her personal canoe. 

“Ahh... wha’ ah loveleh sea breeze weh ‘ave terdey...” she’d then pause, looking out into the deeper parts of the ocean

”wha’ t’a......” she’d start rapidly paddling towards the deep ocean, wishing to get a closer look at what she saw out of the corner of her eye.

((I’m going to leave what Daisy sees in the corner of her eye up to @D4NNA,and if @Porkgasm and @idk want to join in on Daisy’s canoe trip they certainly can))

[!] Carried by the stream, the halfling would venture out to the ocean almost too quick, as Daisy would arrive at her destination a barrel would float upon the surface and was certainly the only thing around that could’ve catched her attention... Toiled around it were the arms of a skeleton, which had its lower half missing with the head resting upon the precious barrel, one could not be sure if it was a descendant or perhaps another humanoid creature, yet knowing the barrel has been seen often in common trade-posts on land, would reveal that it possibly could be another singe soul that ventured too far into unknown charters of the sea...

Spoiler

“Da Kap’n’z uff un ‘iz zwim again?”

”Aye. Been off for ah while. Seems ‘ey be longer ‘n longer, these days.”

The orcess is silent, before going to lean on the ship’s railing, her gaze out towards the ocean. It didn’t seem right, that was for sure. Though the waves were calm, something felt off, as if the water’s shine was but a hollow illusion. It wasn’t often that she didn’t feel at home on the sea, but right now, it was as though she was stranded, surrounded by the creeping dread of the unknown.

“Zkahin’ ‘ell. Da moh mi t’ink abowt it, da worze ‘till bi.” She mutters angrily, shaking her head. With a holler and a stride she is at the wheel, her glare defiant, her uncovered eye meeting those of the pirate crew.

“MAYTEHZ! Tell mi, wub ah wi all un diz zhip foh? Wy did wi join unto diz bloodeh zhip, ahn kazt our ol’ livez azide?”

”Er.. money, I guess?”

zing echoes across board as a cutlass whirls through the air, impaling itself squarely in the planks next to the shivering deckhand. 

“Whu dah zkah karez ‘bowt dat?! Zure, booteh iz nize, but if mi wanted zhiniez mi wuld go zkahin’ plop mi arze un da throne uf Oren.”

Chuckles erupt from the crowd of burly sailors. Uya grins, but slams her hand down on the wheel to quiet them.

“Wi bi ‘ere foh freedom.” She growls. “Alwayz ‘av been. Da zeez bi where wi dun ‘av tu pay ‘eed tu politizianz ahn noblez whu t’ink dey bi bettah den uz. Wer wi kan live, ahn bi alive.”

Murmurs spread across the deck, the stoic men and women nodding and grunting in agreement.

“Ahn now, wi ‘av all dat wi built up, fo’ght foh, bled foh, ‘bowt tu bi tayken awae by ah bloodeh fizh monztah?” She roars, stomping her boot onto the forecastle’s railing, the wood creaking under the impact. “Ah load uf fokin’ dragon zhite, all uv it.”

Once the boos and hisses quiet down, the orcess leans forward, her gaze turning to meet each and every crew member’s eyes. When she speaks again, her voice is low, but determined.

“Diz bloodeh devourah-wannabeh t’inkz it kan mezz with uz zeedogz? Den wi will meet it wit zalt ahn zpit! Zteel ahn ztrength! Da Eight’z Ball ain’ lettin our zhip, our zeez, our freedom fall tu zome bloodeh marine parazite wit ahn overzized ego. Iz dat right, laddehz?

As the crowd cheers, Uya grabs the wheel in one motion, roaring.

“Full mazt ahead, maytehz! Onze wi fyn ol’ Zquidfaze, wi bi takin dah wagh tu diz zkurveh beazt!”

Spoiler

Laying in the warm sand as the sun would slowly sink into the horizon, the heavens above the ocean began to shimmer in a sovereign light and as night came to day, the Hermit would ask himself a very important question...

“Sand, ...” he let’s it run trough his fingers, turning to the land behind him and back to the sea “... Sea … Land... Sand?”
“WHO CAME UP WITH THIS?!”
The old man was puzzled as he lets his gaze drift back to the waters.
Pearly-white beaches ran through many nations, settlements and villages, and the Hermit remembered supporting hands of the numerous crews who fought on this sandy path with him. In the end ... there was nothing left of the threat, but someone had to spread the good news somehow!
So the Hermit got to work and created a variety of letters that he sent by bottle... soon the heroes of the sea’s should learn that the thanks of the sea dwellers and maybe also the landlubbers is theirs.

“Greetings! Captains, Crews and Sailors...

I’m happy to see you’ve found this message
Today is a special day, no … it is not a celebration of an independent nation, nor is it triumph in war. 
It is a day like every other, in fact you might read this way later than everyone else... but to say the least,
without the help of your well trained members and the craftmanship of  renowned ship builders,

the sea could’ve never been as peaceful as it is now. It is a blessing that the oceans are free from the Hydra.
Some may know this creature as the Sea-Serpent, or the Kraken, but after the remains were found it was revealed...

A group of cultists had created an being of the undead... or perhaps far worse, a being of filth and death.
The Fleugal, an octopuss like creature that is prone to mutation, and eats everything from fresh carrion to 
the obscene amount of filth that is produced by the descendants. In some way, natural Fleugals are very 
beneficial to an ecosystem as long as it doesn’t mutate too much, but now imagine it being fed corpses,

trash and living, unlucky souls... and soon its appetite grew and with its body becoming the rot itself the 

seas were soon contaminated with the cultists’ creature flesh cursing salvia. Everyone who went close to the 

contaminated water, or was coated with the salvia, is fated to have all of themselves, be it clothes, hair, eyes or anything they held, turn into bone. 
But enough of this creature, and the horrors it brought upon the vast seas, for now it is defeated.
Let the names of your crew ring true, as you are the Slayers of the Hydra!

Luckily, after this the contaminated water was quickly cleansed by mother nature itself, many stretches of the ocean that were previously littered with bonified organisms begins to sprawl with life again, and amidst this wonder of natural recovery and ancient ruin revealed itself... or perhaps it has always been there.
I don’t know it for myself, as my mind is fleeting but, now you can explore this ancient ruin without being trapped in a vortex...

But don’t you dive too deep... as even the descendants should fear the drowned darkness beneath... ”

AseHyvzaQ=