Sign in to follow this  
Malinor

To Fireheart

Posted (edited)

I don’t care is there is a re-do or not, Fireheart just needs to give his decision, its been long enough. I’ve not been able to attend a warclaim for a while now as I work nearly every saturday. Was looking forward to being able to attend this one though, unfortunately I cannot for firehearts absolute laziness stops a warclaim from happening and the war continuing. Get it together or resign, simple as.

Also where is our community admin in all of this, I’ve not seen them do anything, also wheres the ‘your view’ threads?

Edited by Archbishop

2 minutes ago, Archbishop said:

I don’t care is there is a re-do or not, Fireheart just needs to give his decision, its been long enough. I’ve not been able to attend a warclaim for a while now as I work nearly every saturday. Was looking forward to being able to attend this one though, unfortunately I cannot for firehearts absolute laziness stops a warclaim from happening and the war continuing. Get it together or resign, simple as.

Also where is our community admin in all of this, I’ve not seen them do anything, also wheres the ‘your view’ threads?

One of the most sensible things that you have ever said. Community staff response has been utterly disgraceful throughout all of this. Whole pack of them need to be rid of for the server to move forward – which will never happen whilst the server’s Owner & Chairman are entirely absent.

That is a good point, I just dont see that happening. but how about instead limiting the numbers of players for each warclaim. You could fairly do without nerfing how many players each place gets if you collect how many players support each side and then go off of percentages. For example if 67% supported team A and 33% of the server supports team B then it would be 67 v 33. This is only an idea but I dont see anything else that is being done.

Posted (edited)

just call the 25v25 off alrdy pls ffs, i want siege some orenians!

Edited by Anisgar

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:

Oh boy, not this again. It might be best if all PVP was turned off and we just did CRP, at least we wouldn’t have to do this stuff.

How about we just do warclaims on Mordhau. Seems much better

Posted (edited)

Don’t even know what to believe. I’ve seen recordings of the final fight where GM_Deporter is invisible (or rather ones where an invisible player is obviously getting hits in) and ones where he isn’t. The warclaim was hideously mismanaged and I wouldn’t doubt similar things shortened Renatus’s odds too. The warserver itself is just riddled with unnecessary, gamebreaking bugs, I feel like nobody responsible for holding this event actually prepared the event. Something as thoroughly broken as last Saturday’s warclaim shouldn’t hold any sway over RP. And regardless of whatever the staff choose, there shouldn’t be another 300 player warclaim until the war server is stable with that number of players.

I still see the 25v17 rematch as a fair way to get final words on the situation. If you can win outnumbered 2 to 1 you can win again outnumbered 1.47 to 1, it’s telling that the defending side really doesn’t want that to happen. There’s no real way to resolve this through arguing; the warclaim was so extensively botched that we could keep coming up with new **** to bicker about until the end of time. I personally think that 10 people hiding in a pillbox made out of the “throne room” couldn’t RPly hold the city, and that the attackers were never obligated to charge into a pvp bunker in the original terms of the warclaim. I’ve heard a lot of semantic arguments about what constitutes the “majority of the throne room” or what constitutes “controlling the throne room,” but that’s not the issue. The staff (intentionally or not) fed the attackers misinformation to prematurely end the warclaim.

Even then, I don’t understand why we’re all baying for Fireheart’s blood. It was not his job to manage this warclaim. The people who did manage the warclaim (Pun and Jaeden I think,) were given evidence of GM_Deporter killing players in invis, and passed it on to Fireheart, who made a verdict. Instead of contacting these GMs with your own evidence, you’ve made forum thread after forum thread screaming for the GM team to be sacked and Fireheart removed and a bunch of other ****. Why do you think the staff need to make a verdict right now? Why do you think you deserve immediate, impartial treatment after openly berating them for days on end?

I find it really easy to sympathize with the GM team, and not you, in this situation. If I was volunteering my Saturday afternoon to hold a 300 player PvP event on a laggy, broken warserver that spam kicked me every 30 seconds while I was trying to talk to players, and then I got bitched out and told to resign by the winning side, I’d lose sympathy really fast. I’d find it a little hard to feel for the people stamping their feet and complaining when they were told had to redo a 25v17 pvp battle. I’d be very desensitized to the people clutching their pearls and crying about how the staff is ‘biased’ against them or trying to ‘remove them from the server,’ while crying for me to be removed in the same breath. 

I have to feel for Fireheart, too. Dude did literally nothing other than make a decision off of the evidence he was given. He’s taking his time to make his next decision because he knows if he makes the wrong one, he’s going to be treated to a ******* small army of angry gamers calling him “corrupt” and demanding he resign from his volunteer staff position. If I were in his shoes I would have given up by now and called it a victory for one side or the other, or just copped out and removed warclaims from the server again. I do not possess the sort of patience that lets the staff take open verbal abuse and then treat their abusers with professionalism or impartiality. Maybe some of you do, maybe some of you don’t, but let’s not assume that everyone does and use that as a standard to treat others.

The staff literally does not get paid to deal with this ****. It’s profoundly unfair to ask them to resolve this issue for you overnight. There is no set of rules or procedures to make wars work perfectly fairly without some degree of cooperation from both sides. There is no verdict that can be made right now that will satisfy everybody. Ultimately, some of the onus is on you to make huge events like wars and battles work smoothly. And by all accounts you have failed to do that. You have failed to negotiate with staff and you have failed to negotiate with each other. If you can’t work out a way to resolve this for yourselves then just sit tight and wait in your perfectly unscathed city for the staff to do it for you. Holy ****.

Edited by xxx

I gotta agree at least partially though. Even though I’m not on Renatus’s side. As usual when a war goes to **** the responsibility falls upon the Admins to fix it. And they’re just not doing that.

This is just the same **** as the Orc – Elf war in Atlas. The GMs/Admins doing an abmysmally bad job at communicating with the players. Being hilariously inconsistent, doing literally ****-all as hostilities and toxicity becomes worse and worse between groups.

Re-do, no re-do, it doesn’t matter. You’ll still have two massive groups of players at each other’s throats.

Maybe instead of focusing on rules, war-goals and laisse-faire “if he dies he dies” roleplay, the Admins can focus on the human aspect of the playerbase.

In any other sane community, when people are joking about raping underage LGBT kids, the leaders of said community would have realized that things have gone WAY too far, put a stop to everything, and focus on rebuilding attitudes from the ground up.

Here on LOTC, disgusting **** like that is so normalized that its barely addressed and the show just goes on.

That is ultimately the admins failing.

Banning individual players doesn’t work. The problem is communal. Admins need to actually maintain an active presence in the community, be approachable, and work to fix attitudes from the ground up.

2 hours ago, xxx said:

-snip-

I will be replying to this post mainly because it caught my eye in how shoddily constructed it appears to be on the surface, containing many disjointed arguments that really read like a stream of non sequiturs. You contradict yourself many times. However, I took some time with your post and recognize it now for what it is. There is a recurring theme of absolving the staff of the blame for their mismanagement of the war and the warclaim itself despite initially recognizing the faults of the staff. I believe this is done to curry favor with the staff while attempting to influence any “anti-staff” readers who would agree with your initial complaints into a moment of false introspection.

You begin this by first grabbing the attention of anti-staffers by stating something seemingly innocent. It’s the easiest pill to swallow for an onlooker so you begin by stating that you believe “nobody responsible for holding this event actually prepared the event.” Nobody rational would dispute this. You further hammer this home by digging into the popular laggy war server sentiment by describing it as “thoroughly broken” and “extensively botched.” This is almost entirely irrelevant to the assertion you make directly afterwards when you argue that holding the throne room cannot justify RPly holding the city. You use this to insinuate the ridiculousness of the war system and to further exaggerate the impact of the staff feeding “misinformation to prematurely end the warclaim.”

The final defense point has as little to do with RP as the war path does in war. The point of the final defense point is to serve as a traditional game objective for the attackers. Almost every war system in the history of the server has had to make compromises between the RP nature of the server and the gameplay/mechanical aspect of the server. This is never going to change. The defense point being as small as something like a throne room is necessary so that it can serve as more efficiently quantifiable goal for both moderation, attackers and defenders. Making warclaims easier to manage for the staff is what you spend the rest of your post arguing for.

It has been precedent for quite some time now that Fireheart is a huge aspect of warfare. It is a natural progression from him being the moderation admin. Managing a warclaim incorporates the same as moderating a raid or skirmish on the main server but with higher stakes and more pressure on the staff member. Naturally, this means that a warclaim requires the presence or hand of the moderation admin himself. This isn’t a controversial statement. This is the reason why Fireheart began to take such an active role in the management of warfare during Atlas. It was even to the point where Fireheart himself would manage the war chats and disallow other GMs from doing so. To insinuate that we’re sharks circling around Fireheart in open water is ridiculous and indicative of having absolutely zero knowledge of how warfare has been conducted on the server for quite some time now.

You’re literally white knighting him in the most ridiculous way imaginable. If the lore on the server was a problem, it would be Flamboyant’s issue. If community outreach and a small media footprint was a problem, it would be Tarren’s issue. When the server is having an issue with GM team moderation of a warclaim, it is entirely within Fireheart’s realm of influence. It’s honestly such a ridiculous argument that I’m glad your post starts to transition at this point into an outright emotional appeal.

You justify the staff failing to respond or even failing to act impartial with us (which is something both sides have been desiring) because you “sympathize” with them for getting “bitched out.” This is a horrendously ridiculous thing to say. You’re not only saying that if a staff member feels attacked that they may use their position to lash out in anger towards the playerbase but that they are morally justified in doing so. You’re conveniently overlooking the fact that the toxicity may be coming from a subset of a nation but nowhere near the entire population. You’re doing this so that GMs reading this who feel attacked by Renatus will feel more empowered to continue making almost purposely bad verdicts which you yourself have admitted they have done the entirety of this war.

This sets the tone perfectly for you to up the ante in your absurdity. You actually imply that they should either cancel warclaims or outright “declare a victory for one side or the other” by saying what you would do if assailed in the same way that poor Fireheart has. One side or the other? You lost the warclaim and you’ve lost every battle minus one. In no universe does that even begin to suggest that a victory should be declared for you.

However, I honestly don’t know what I should expect from someone who somehow “reads” this thread, absolves the staff of all wrongdoing (minus the low-hanging fruit of saying ‘war server bad’), and attempts to flip it that it is somehow the fault of the players for the lack in quality of managerial decisions. The only thing that we can even attempt to control in warfare as a regular LotC player is the actual declaration of war and the toxicity levels of it. Both of which this post is not complaining about, or even discussing in any capacity.

Finally, the fact that you even have the audacity to say that we failed to negotiate with staff is incredibly disingenuous and transparent of your obsession to absolve the staff team and Fireheart of any possible wrongdoing— accidental or not. Our post literally shows logs upon logs and screenshots upon screenshots of us negotiating and communicating with staff to clarify the war and get our bearings with the whole situation. You don’t even actually engage with any of our arguments.

Your face is so full of boot undersole that you’re failing to read what is right in front of you.

To be honest with the state of warclaim servers/PVP on MC on LoTC atm I think it’s always gonna be luck on who wins, if this was a 100% fair re-do with no lag I think the Renatian side would be less hesitant. However, it mostly comes down to who can click faster when the server is not lagging and who can find those small windows of opportunity then I’d panic if I was Renatus as well. I think the server’s hardware should be the focus here, not the one invisible guy. This would’ve been noticed faster during the war if there was less lag and so on. 

Considering there’s clips of a lot of people being invis for some, not invis for others I think it’s safe to assume that it’s Minecraft glitching out and it could also be the lag as well. It is not something that was done on purpose to give the people an advantage, it is something that happened and the GM team was just not fast enough to resolve said issue. However I don’t think that it warrants an entire re-make which once again, will be down to who will be luckier with the lag.

0895209706b2fd476a90269fc61e05bf.png

1 minute ago, Jaeden said:

0895209706b2fd476a90269fc61e05bf.png

this is an absolute ******* mood

6 hours ago, KeatonUnbeaten said:

I don’t think there should be a re-do, but I think the management need overturning and the war server needs some serious updating. Maybe the owner (wherever he may be ???) could do with investing his donation money into the server box to get one that isnt actually utter ****.

I’ve generally been avoiding these war threads but I’ll respond to this comment. Minecraft, especially 1.13 doesn’t handle player above 200 at all. Find another server that does 400 players on a single instance. Hell, find one that does 300. Unfortunately the problem isn’t solved by just throwing money at it. If that were the case, Mog would have a rp server :^)

1 hour ago, Tofuus said:

If that were the case, Mog would have a rp server :^)

oml you guys love that one ahaha

7 hours ago, SombreroMan said:

How about we just do warclaims on Mordhau. Seems much better

Might as well just void the entire warclaim ahaha.

Yo, I’m trying to play Mordhau but I can’t get past the tutorial.