Sign in to follow this  
Pun

Letter to the Curonic Bears

Letter to the Curonic Bears

V9JzAgOhzORt_ZbVlWCk6os0WcCcZHMygxhmKUH5cbB8Gk47Lgxqp9GHMk76HmTkUgNzRBiZTZCpS_EC5VyRv-e2jQp_5nUApg_XbiH0r7N6vJHUSPzCspGl017vZ2CvRyBJBQJS

‘My family' The Devereux of Curon, my brothers and sisters.

You have switched sides yet again, more broken vows, more faith and trust in us all lost.

First, your vow to the empire of man, breaking this caused our father to slit his own throat. Our mother followed him into the seventh skies that night, burned alive.

Then another broken vow, you turn on friends and allies. The Oren empire. We have a great history with haesentic peoples and you toss this to the side, no thoughts for what this means for our future.

All of you broke something we were all taught as children, your word is all you have, be true to it. A Devereux upholds their vows. Now our parents are gone. We lose the faith and trust of many. You have made a joke about our family. No one values our vows or promises. No one trusts the Devereux family. 'Snakes and lairs ' that what you have caused us to be known as among both sides of this war. For what, independence to fight in another's war, for more of our people to die. We have lost four members of our own family in this war, how many more must we lose before its end.

Throughout this war,  disowned my dear sister Anabel. Breaking yet another value of our family. Family comes first.

I may be young and born as a princess of curonia but my disappointment in this family is great. You have destroyed our family values and continue to do so.

You failed to heed the words of Ecbert, you have failed to learn from our parent's death.

No lessons learned, only repeating of the past.

I plead to you if truly want independence for our peoples then takes no side in this war.

Withdraw our forces and stop the death and blood of our people being spilt.

Make no more vows that are not intended to be upheld.No more lies and hurt for our people.  

Restore our honour and our grace as a once proud people whose words meant more than the dirt in the roads.

Keep our people from this war and bloodshed, protect them.

I shall take no part in this war, my loyalty is to my words, vows and to GOD. Nothing more nothing less.

I remain titled as the princess of curonia but i make clear to all in curonia that i hold no claim to the throne as a daughter of Wilhelm or Evelyn Devereux. Daughters cannot lay claim to curonia. I assure you all though, i care for the people of curonia and wish the best for them.

Signed

Princess Ursula Evie Devereux

Youngest Daughter of Queen Evelyn and King Wilhelm.

Edward reads this letter and nods “I will uphold our brothers word and vows.” He’d state firmly while at his desk in his room in the Curon Palace and prepares to leave “I will follow suit my dear little sister.”

Ecbert cracks open yet another cold one in the seven skies “Where is my popcorn?”

The Old Crow, Edward Barbanov, was filled with morose when he finished reading the Princess’ letter. The clock on his mantel had just tolled eleven, and his study was lit only by beams of silvery moonlight admitted by a wide window behind his desk.

“Well said, girl. You understand what this new Cub of Curon does not.” he mumbled. “Even if his war goes **** up … Well, any man with an ounce of courage would choose an honourable death rather than life as a treacherous coward.”

Sighing, he reclined in his armchair. Edward Barbanov did not regard himself as a godly man, but that night he prayed.

“Ironic, they would side with Remus and his child-bride in order for ‘Independence’ for we all know Remus has his hand up the backside of Arthos and his inner circle, they will just become a puppet, a mouthpiece.” said Zachery.

“Great history?” Romulus would state, “You fought a war with Adria and almost went to war with Haense. Someone should check this girl’s mind.”

3 hours ago, Archbishop said:

“Ironic, they would side with Remus and his child-bride in order for ‘Independence’ for we all know Remus has his hand up the backside of Arthos and his inner circle, they will just become a puppet, a mouthpiece.” said Zachery.

Adeline Margaret does finger crossbows at the Archbishop. 

Sitting beside Anabel, the young Empress practiced her calligraphy diligently. Nonetheless, at news of this proclamation, the girl scoffs. “I would not call your family cowards, Anabel,  I would call them wise. Joey has willingly, and boldly, denied their request of independance over his own greed of conquest. It's no wonder that the Curonians are displeased!”

56 minutes ago, Trinn said:

Adeline Margaret does finger guns at the Archbishop. 

((woman do not test me i will hit you with that techlock real fast... change that to finger crossbows right now or i will call your mother, garrett))

To Evie,

We hear you. The state of our family is altogether disturbing. Where once we stood with pride and honor in our words, we now stand in divided confusion. But I must clarify on some of your points. You plead for our neutrality, which I understand. Neutrality was, initially, our ultimate goal in this conflict. But Marna refused to answer our pleas for independence. They rejected our Sovereign Ultimatum. Why then, do you believe, the Marnans would grant us independence when they don't need us, if they refused to grant that independence when we were needed? I want no part in this war. I want no part in these power and greed fueled empires. I care only for Curonia, and the freedom of my people. The only reason I fight, is because Emperor Joseph forced my hand. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope, that after this war, our House might stand together as it once did, proud and strong. Good luck, cousin.

Signed,
Arthos Devereux

“So, you were fine with the first treason but the second act of it disturbed you! I see. The first treason sent your father to a early grave! The Empire that gave you everything you broke faith with. The Empire that he served faithfully in you broke faith with?” Scoffs at the woman's words.

“I hope Joe’s diddling is worth it.”

2 hours ago, Pun said:

First, your vow to the empire of man, breaking this caused our father to slit his own throat. Our mother followed him into the seventh skies that night, burned alive.

Then another broken vow, you turn on friends and allies. The Oren empire. We have a great history with haesentic peoples and you toss this to the side, no thoughts for what this means for our future.

7 minutes ago, Sultan said:

“So, you were fine with the first treason but the second act of it disturbed you! I see. The first treason sent your father to a early grave! The Empire that gave you everything you broke faith with. The Empire that he served faithfully in you broke faith with?” Scoffs at the woman's words.

“I hope Joe’s diddling is worth it.”

Evie glances over her letter hearing the man’s words, she states “clearly none of it was correct, we should not be breaking our vows, its why i intend to remain true to those I've made, such as my mother and father would expect of me.” folding her letter as well the response from Arthos placing them on her desk “i will not repeat the sins of others and i will prove that not all of us are what people are saying we are.”  a sigh escaping her as she rises heading to church to pray for the state of her family.  

Posted (edited)

“Atleast we’ve the honesty to tell the Curonians, to their faces, that their independence is far-fetched; Renatus will buy them with sweet whispers and stab them in the back when Curon has fought, bled, and won their war for them. Stand up for yourselves, Curon! Prove yourself to Emperor Joseph through your commitment to his cause and he will have good reason to allow you more self-government!” Harold would cry, exacerbated by the narrow-minded vision of the Curonian people!

Edited by KeatonUnbeaten

2 hours ago, SourDough said:

((woman do not test me i will hit you with that techlock real fast... change that to finger crossbows right now or i will call your mother, garrett))

((im sorry dad))

“It was Haense that stood with Curonian men and women to defend them on Atlas against Renatian raiders sent by the Pertinaxi up untill they betrayed the Czena Confederation, Who is really surprised they betrayed the cause of justice again this time around. Also that Otto guy from rebel Pertinax side of things is a real ******* *****.” bottle made these words.