[✗] [Playable CA Race Lore + Event Creature Lore] The Jinns

JokerLow

The Jinns

Related image

Spoiler

Origin

KEeZaUY.gif

The Jinns were the creatures made by the Creator before he’d make the descendant races. Jinns are made of smokeless fire.

The Jinns are almost like the descendant, they have feelings, they love, they hate etc. The difference between a Jinn and any descendant is that Jinns are part of both the unseen realm and the realm descendants live in. They can appear visually in front of a descendant by swifting itself into the colour spectrum of lightwaves, that way the Jinn becomes vulnerable to physical damage, aswell by the environment.

There are two different types of Jinns, the good Jinns and the bad Jinns. Each Jinn has his own characteristics making them special in their own ways, but no Jinn is able to harm descendants in direct ways, unless they feed the Jinn with a lot of fear.

Jinns’s strenght grow from the fear of descendants empowering their abilities aswell.

From the beginning they’ve kept a close relationship with each descendant race, they developed a love towards the farfolk race, most of the Jinns living around the desert.

They’ve firstly came into dirrect contact with descendants when they were summoned, through a specifid ritual, Jinns have the ability to appear as mythical creatures.

Spoiler

dde13d80d53562ceb63ced3db8ef55b1.jpg

latest?cb=20121025153354

Physical Description

Lifespan

Spoiler

Related image

Jinns being made by smokeless fire, they do not know their age, although they begin at 35 years, aging as a Jinn allows the Jinn’s strenght grow little by little. Jinns’s bodies have different colors, their form can be of a human, dwarf, orc or elf, they do not wrinkle or show any type of aging process even tho the Jinn ages, the skin color is the only thing that makes the age of a Jinn guessable, by aging the skin of a Jinn gets darker and darker colour until the day they die, in which the Jinn becomes visible to every descendant surrounding and turns into ashes. 

Jinns prefer to stay around heating places, into the mountains around the deserts or live literally in the same city descendant live. They have no problem staying near lava or even touching it as long as they are not into the visible realm of descendants, making them physically vulnerable.

The lifespan of a Jinn ends at the age of 350 years.

Subtypes

Ifrit

Spoiler

Related image

Ifrit is the strongest Jinn of all, his appearance strike fear into the hearts of descendants and even Jinns. He is made out of the purest form of smokeless fire. He is the father of all demonic Jinns. 

Ifrit is one of the strongest servant of Iblees, his branch of Jinns serving Iblees into deceiving the poor souls of descendants. The Jinns serving Ifrit are often related with dark magic, summoned by dark mages to fulfill their will as long the dark mage offers a sacrifice. Often the dark mages sacrifice living descendants to Jinns  from Ifrit’s branch to fulfill their will, but sometimes souls are requested by the Jinns appearing in mythical forms to the dark mage, to fulfill its will.

Ifrit has no end as long Iblees lives, his appearance in the visible realm is terrifying and extremly rare.

Strenghts and weaknesses

Once the Jinn is feeded with enough fear, he can possess the descendant in cause. The possessing process is a very dangerous process for both Jinn and the possessed. If the person possessed gets damaged, so does the Jinn, the scars never healing, meaning if the person possessed dies, so does the Jinn.

Once in the visible realms, the Jinns can be damaged but not killed unless it is with a weapon forged and blessed by a cleric.

The damage a Jinns takes in the visible realms are healed once returning to the unseen realms, but once struck by a weapon forged and blessed by a cleric, the scars will remain with the Jinn forever.

In the unseen realms Jinn’s bodies are gaseous but once swifting into he visible realms their bodies become flesh and bones, as every descendant. Their bodies have a reasonable amount of muscles, helping Jinns in direct combat.

They cannot provoke a direct combat, but if they are attacked, they can defend themselves and even harm the attacker, the only time a Jinn is able to directly attack someone is after they’ve been feeded with enough fear by that person. If they are near Thanhium or any toxic material in the unseen realm, they wont feel any effects, but if they are close to toxic materials in the visible realm, they will suffer the same effects as the descendants.

Jinns gain strenght in the night time, specially if there is a crescent moon.

Mental Description

Spoiler

main-qimg-b1beaf646b567bac20fba1af887f9ef5

Although the Jinns are powerful begins, they have the do have the same perspective of life as the descendants have, they share the same feelings with descendants, making them more comfortable to reveal themselves. They do have their own attributes tho, Jinns are more sensitive than humans and they do not show that. If a Jinn gets extremly sensitive he can turn himself to the branch of Ifrit. But there are good Jinns, if you show them love and compassion they will reward you with safety and loyalty.

Once a Jinns trust a descendant enough, he can attach himself to the descendant, making the descendant his impera, the Jinn would listen to the orders of his impera till the end of times.

If a Jinn falls in love with a descendant he’d fall into madness once realising their fate cannot be together, he’d side with Ifrit but will never do harm to the person he loved and its loved ones.

If a Jinn sees a person he cares of suffering, he’d do anything to help that person, even if it would mean to die for it.

Jinns can be affectionate beings but if they feel betrayed they will do all kinds of bad things to that person, until he is satisfied with a sacrifice.

They are not able to learn any type of magic or art that requiers a [MA].

Abilities

Each Jinn has its own special ability, they can only have only one special ability.

List of abilities a Jinn can possess:

- Flying

- Casting Fire (pure fire)

- Strenght of an olog

- Shape shifting

Flying allows the Jinn to travel faster throught the world, at an incredible speed.

Casting Fire makes the Jinn able to release pure fire.

Strenght of an olog makes the Jinn strong as an olog.

Shape shifting allows the Jinn to transform itself into a mythical creature. Once shifted to an animal, they take the attributes of the animal. Their common tongue becomes will be at the same level an olog would have. 

Redlines

Physical Redlines

Lifespan Redlines:

- Jinns age faster than descendants, each year passing by counts as 3 years for a Jinn.

- The skin of a Jinn gets darker as he ages.

- From 250 years, the Jinn starts feeling the aging process

- At 300 years, a Jinn would be too old to use his abilities.

Subtypes (Ifrit):

- To be chosen by ST.

- Can be played only by ST.

Mental Redlines

- Jinns are most likely to develop depression.

- They attach themselves to descendants easily.

- They seek the love of descendants.

Abilities Redlines

- Abilities used in the visual realm have a cooldown:

1. Flying can be done only during events and only by staff members playing as Jinns.

2. Casting Fire drains the Jinn of energy as they are made of fire, casting fire for longer than 10 minutes will result in nausea, stomachache and vomit. If you use the fire longer than 15 minutes you die (PK). After you use the fire you will have a 7 minutes cooldown. The power of the fire is the same as a voidal mage t4.

3. Strenght of an Olog can be used only when the Jinn goes rogue. A Jinn will go rogue when his loved one is in great danger.

4. You may shift only as animals you’ve seen and where your imagination takes you to (Kraken, Dragons or any big sized mythical creatures are not allowed), once shifted you can shift back in 15 minutes. You will have to wait 20 minutes to shift as another being. Shifting back to the normal stage will give the jinn nausea.

Only 10 people may get their CA’s accepted!

If someone does not roleplay on his Jinn persona for an entire week he will have his Jinn persona deleted, allowing someone else to apply!

I could maybe see this being an event only creature, but not a CA creature; they have too many overpowered abilities such as flying. If you reel back on their abilities a bit, give them more downsides, add some redlines and flesh out the lore a lot more I could see it being more feasible.

Okay this seems cool as **** but I really doubt it’d be playable, as much as I’d LOVE for it to be.
So much good potential for solid RP, yet potential for abuse.

But hey, it’s cool, so that’s a +1 from me.
Like Wrynn said, maybe dial back a bit on some of the abilities (Flying, shifting) or maybe outlining them a little more clearly with some more specifics in regards to the abilities. I really like the play on the emotional aspect though, good stuff.

pretty happy w/ the djinn lore we have currently

2 hours ago, Wrynn said:

I could maybe see this being an event only creature, but not a CA creature; they have too many overpowered abilities such as flying. If you reel back on their abilities a bit, give them more downsides, add some redlines and flesh out the lore a lot more I could see it being more feasible.

Thanks for the feedback, I deleted the part where players could fly, it is now only an event thing.

1 hour ago, Lord_of_losers said:

Okay this seems cool as **** but I really doubt it’d be playable, as much as I’d LOVE for it to be.
So much good potential for solid RP, yet potential for abuse.

But hey, it’s cool, so that’s a +1 from me.
Like Wrynn said, maybe dial back a bit on some of the abilities (Flying, shifting) or maybe outlining them a little more clearly with some more specifics in regards to the abilities. I really like the play on the emotional aspect though, good stuff.

Thank you for your feedback, I will try to re-write the things you said.

28 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

pretty happy w/ the djinn lore we have currently

Didn’t knew we had one, mind giving me a link?

Just now, Dewlox said:

Never a CA creature.

bro...

9 minutes ago, Dewlox said:

There’s already god knows how many times more magical creatures than normal people to the point where seeing a floating cloud of magic covered in steel plate is a normal thing. If magical creatures keep getting added, a normal person will be  a rarity. Let’s keep it medieval fantasy, not pure fantasy.

I doubt humans will become a rarity, the server its a medieval fantasy one, so spicing up the roleplay wouldnt be bad I think.

Just now, Rickson said:

Thanks for the link.

“They are blindingly fast to such an extent that a sonic boom may occur when a Genie dashes. Genies are incredibly powerful and depending on the element they are derived from, may evoke Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Earthquakes or Firestorms whenever they feel threatened. A terrifying and often surprising calling sign of an approaching Genie is static electricity in the air.”

It seems like those genies are really op besides my lore piece and I never seen them being used in events.

1 minute ago, Dewlox said:

At this point the server’s overly spicy, every other person outside of the human civilizations is some kind of mage or diety-releated caster. Not to mention the amount of atronachs, constructs of all kind and other kind of magical creatures. It’s already immersion-breaking to have ghosts troll you every five minutes or you having casual chat more with atronachs and golems than living people everywhere that isn’t mainly-human populated nation.

That is because the human’s view on magic is different that the one other races have, the amount of spice it brings when you see someone with a golem, who is a mage and has a runical staff in his hand makes a difference between two normal humans speaking about wheat and goverment.

6 minutes ago, Dewlox said:

At this point the server’s overly spicy, every other person outside of the human civilizations is some kind of mage or diety-releated caster. Not to mention the amount of atronachs, constructs of all kind and other kind of magical creatures. It’s already immersion-breaking to have ghosts troll you every five minutes or you having casual chat more with atronachs and golems than living people everywhere that isn’t mainly-human populated nation.

What? CA’s are a small minority of what people play on this server, everywhere I go it’s at least 1:15 in terms of CA races to Descendants.

Besides, this is a fantasy server it’s part of the immersion to have ghosts, mages and anything magical.

I’ll say that from experience, less people are surprised about magical creatures now. When I played a floating lightning man in a suit of armour, more people saw it casually. Some emoted not caring, a very small minority presented shock. I personally believe we should have less CA’s, it truly isn’t a minority on this server who do CA’s. There are a lot of descendant races, but the number of applicable creatures are rising much quicker also. It’s currently at the ratio of 3:1 (descendant : CA). It would have been nice to have this lore around when magic could be considered rare, something you barely see a lot, mythical creatures near extinction, something you also barely see a lot.

Also, if this is a CA — I’d think it should be strictly bound by a limit (I understand this may be unfair for others who wish to play. But imagine how many people would apply for this looool).

7 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

I’ll say that from experience, less people are surprised about magical creatures now. When I played a floating lightning man in a suit of armour, more people saw it casually. Some emoted not caring, a very small minority presented shock. I personally believe we should have less CA’s, it truly isn’t a minority on this server who do CA’s. There are a lot of descendant races, but the number of applicable creatures are rising much quicker also. It’s currently at the ratio of 3:1 (descendant : CA). It would have been nice to have this lore around when magic could be considered rare, something you barely see a lot, mythical creatures near extinction, something you also barely see a lot.

Also, if this is a CA — I’d think it should be strictly bound by a limit (I understand this may be unfair for others who wish to play. But imagine how many people would apply for this looool).

I saw what you said and honestly I did not belive your words, so I went on the forum and looked it myself.

You were right, people actually do a lot of CA’s which should rise an alert to us, I think you are right on having a limit of players able to play this race if it would be accepted, as it would have a great impact on the roleplay.

1 minute ago, JokerLow said:

I saw what you said and honestly I did not belive your words, so I went on the forum and looked it myself.

You were right, people actually do a lot of CA’s which should rise an alert to us, I think you are right on having a limit of players able to play this race if it would be accepted, as it would have a great impact on the roleplay.

Aye, I agree with that. However, then comes the people that will ask: “Hey, isn’t this a bit biased? You will let some people play the race, some won’t get the chance. And there is a limit? Sad, sad.” Now, not being rude. I doubt this will be approved as a CA. If it becomes an event-race, it’ll be fun to play around with in events. On the other hand, Jinns (derived from Islam) are merely men of flame, some good, some conjured by the devil. They are basically ghosts. This seems basically like a poltergeist but covered in flames and extra abilities. I am not trying to slam your work, it could turn out good. But this seems like a ghost; but the type you wouldn’t want to **** with. (No offence to ghost RPers, but I don’t enjoy ghost rp, find it bland and it’s not fun making people feel cold).

But! I say this: good luck homie. I know you put hard work into this lore.

1 minute ago, Werew0lf said:

Aye, I agree with that. However, then comes the people that will ask: “Hey, isn’t this a bit biased? You will let some people play the race, some won’t get the chance. And there is a limit? Sad, sad.” Now, not being rude. I doubt this will be approved as a CA. If it becomes an event-race, it’ll be fun to play around with in events. On the other hand, Jinns (derived from Islam) are merely men of flame, some good, some conjured by the devil. They are basically ghosts. This seems basically like a poltergeist but covered in flames and extra abilities. I am not trying to slam your work, it could turn out good. But this seems like a ghost; but the type you wouldn’t want to **** with. (No offence to ghost RPers, but I don’t enjoy ghost rp, find it bland and it’s not fun making people feel cold).

But! I say this: good luck homie. I know you put hard work into this lore.

Thanks for everything.

I have watched documentaries about Jinns from Islam for a few weeks now, I tried to make them as much as similar I could but at the same time keeping them in our fantasy spectrum.

About the bias part, I don’t think people will actually call me out for bias, since I will not be the one in charge with accepting their applications anyway.

Thanks for the feedback man!

This lore has been denied as per this thread: click me. 2 weeks were given to reformat and correct the submission to match the current criteria, which were not done.

If you believe this is a mistake (as this was a big sweep, yours may have been overlooked), please contact me over the forums here: click me.