Community Meeting- June 2019

TarreBear

Pix9nA2SZQ9kEgNVLlpVnTq7Aet8oL8e_-QCN2r2

yjOBxsA3tYvww6tLkUZSw38i8iL4i3KUxViCvNUa

Hello Folks!

One of these community meetings has been way overdue and it is definitely time that we have another one. I’ve been struggling to find a good time that would fit into most people’s timezones that allowed me to be to be present. However, the show must go on. For those who have never joined us at a community meeting before, it is where the community comes into the LotC Discord to have their concerns and questions answered by members of staff. As things have settled into place, I will be continuing to host these meetings monthly. 

During the meeting we will go over your questions left below this post in order. Please do not leave any trolly or inappropriate comments for they will be skipped over. At the end if we have time we may answer a few questions from the discord as well. 

Once again, please leave your questions on this post. Thank you and can’t wait to see you all there!

Information

Date: Saturday, June 1st 2019
Time: 5pm EST| 9pm GMT| 7am AUS
Discord: https://discord.gg/aD38Crd

When will the general miscommunication between upper moderation staff, their team and the community as a whole be addressed? This war has truly exemplified the problems held with the current teams and the community as a whole is annoyed at the outcomes that have been forced upon them unreasonably.

How do the staff feel about the current state of wars? Any intent to defang the system somewhat to allow for aggressive warring without a defensive side having to worry about the destruction of their rp / locations?

Edit: This was poorly worded, when referring to defang the system, I was inquiring if the staff hoped to perhaps make wars possibly more collaborative between the warring sides, and make them less about achieving ooc goals and means and more about furthering rp and things to interact with and discuss while rping, as war is a very interesting facet of LotC, but currently an extremely hostile one as well.

Edited by Silverstatik

What new ways to mend the divide between playerbases are being planned on? If there isn’t anything yet, do any ideas come to mind?

Do you love me?

How's life Telanir. How's college. Did you miss me.

Can I be the new antagonist. 

When is the first lotc expansion being released. 

When is the lobby getting the Admin crypts, gm graveyard, hall of heroes, and hall of the fallen.

When is lotc releasing a minigame event again. Parkour was fun. Race for the wool bombed. But it was a okay idea. Get the community involved. 

Plz remove my content moderation. I'm a good child. 

Do you know when the lore games will begin? If so, when?

When will Nexus come back?

Heyyo, Was concerned for activity checks, I am unsure if you are aware but the Kadarsi Caliphate has a large Muslim player base, and we lost a lot of activity this month due to Ramadan, Is it possible we could be allowed ease so we can reinstate everything once it is over. as our activity dropped largely and we do not want to lose our tile for such.

The second question, I have been gone for a month, but I heard lag is still an issue? when will this be fixed, also if it has or there is a plan to do so, will there be a plan to update the server to the latest Minecraft update? If so, This will increase lag, unless the devs can find a way to tone it down.

When will Aesopian be allowed to make us all great events. He made last map enjoyable, free him plz.

Event team, when will there be a world event story event, we had the vael order, september prince, all kinds of stuff, when will we get some this map.

also vael lied to us -_-.....there is ruins and alters everywhere....make events out of them!

can we have a eid celebration, it lasts for three days irl, we can have some nice ooc positivity with it, with the gift plugin again and the like!

CLOUD TEMPLE! WHEN WILL WE GET HUNTS AGAIN! When can we explore the hidden rooms of cloud temple! I also heard a LONG TIME AGO...that raiding the ct bank was a thing?

and the last question, am I still being watched by staff to see if I'm a terrorist on lotc by any chance? *hides something behind back* Pinkie promise, I won't do anything bad! Im not hiding anythinG!

I would like to see about crp because in many cases there have been instances of someone claiming me to be powergaming in crp when they are playing a frail elf and I am playing an orc... I think we should discuss how to make the rules to crp more fair or even provide basic racial bonuses in crp. I believe that racial bonuses would be good for pvp as well given that right now ologs have their food decrease faster but have no bonuses to even things out. 

Edited by BenDaMack

27 minutes ago, BenDaMack said:

Why is the ban for erp so long, I get that it makes some people uncomfortable but is it really worse than logging to avoid rp or abusing perms. Why is it the same amount of time as a hack ban?

Mate that’s certainly not the argument you should be driving at. There is a lot wrong with this server but the ban length on erping is definitely not the problem. The server could get in legitimate legal trouble if it allowed people to openly cyber. Not to mention the high amount of minors that play in this community. You’re asking for trouble when you start acting nonchalantly about **** like that.

can u do more community contests (Writing, build, art, etc)  that give minas/other prizes    : D

I know the staff has been discussing the ‘PK shaming posts’ and the like, are we going to hear any of that?

Is there any work being done on reviving lotc’s lackluster economy? (Custom Crafting?)

Can devs add an extra row of hearts? Various community polls have shown a propensity towards the old system of 2 rows of hearts.

When can we expect enchantments to be added again? (Maybe even just lowtier enchantments like prot I) It’s been over a year since we last had them now.

When can we expect the server to transition to 1.14?

Could we make axes a viable weapon? As in, just make axes and tridents do the same damage as swords.. this could promote some weapon variety and therefore mix things up in terms of rp.

Et events are scarce, and I personally haven’t seen any. Maybe this new staff structure isn’t working so well, and we should consider reverting to the old system. What’s going on here?

Can we do monthly community meetings from now on?

Assuming this question get’s asked a lot.

But will LOTC Consider in the long future, to move over to HyTale? IF the platform will be considered worthy