I'm sorry people are so jealous of me, but I can't help it that I'm popular

Sporadic

16 minutes ago, z3m0s said:

I get why people are complaining about their emote colors being taken away as non-vip but also lmao, just fork out a fiver, gotteeem.

Thank you for your work sporadic, you’re a good egg, sometimes.

it costs $30 to get to iron vip due to how crowns are sold, that isn’t really considered a small amount of money to some people, especially when it’s to get a feature they once had access to before someone decided they shouldn’t

also I’m a gold vip

16 minutes ago, z3m0s said:

I get why people are complaining about their emote colors being taken away as non-vip but also lmao, just fork out a fiver, gotteeem.

Thank you for your work sporadic, you’re a good egg, sometimes.

it costs $30 to get to iron vip due to how crowns are sold, that isn’t really considered a small amount of money to some people, especially when it’s to get a feature they once had access to before someone decided they shouldn’t

also I’m a gold vip

Removing emote colours is stupid. You’re expecting people to fork out money just to colour some text in chat. We actively use them for roleplay purposes and its a nice little niche feature for players to express character morality or traits. For example, a kinder individual might use light blue, or a generally more chaotic individual might use a darker red.

Quiet and whisper chat are still there. #q and #w

You change change emote color with /chat settings emotecolor (color)

Edited by Youngie5500

3 hours ago, Sporadic said:

A: Among other things, it’s because in Minecraft chat is async and commands are sync. Sync execution is done on the main thread which is where 99% of all work is done because Minecraft is not at all multithreaded so it runs the risk of clogging up at times.

Starting a message with ‘/’ triggers minecraft to handle your message as a command instead of chat and pass it to us as such. But in doing so it competes with resources with everything else, such as ticking your horses or handling chunk updates or clicks. By relaying chat channels to # we sidestep sync execution and are able to keep chat flowing during server hangs and reduce lag

Hey nerd speak english

27 minutes ago, Gallic said:

also I’m a gold vip

also I’m a gold vip

This wasn’t specifically directed at you as multiple mentioned it, and also dam that’d suck lmao, I thought iron was like the first one hahaha

11 minutes ago, Doom321 said:

Hey nerd speak english

You got bigger problems if you didn’t understand that

Nice job, once all the kinks are worked out of this new system it sounds like it offers more than the older one. Also bravo putting colored chat back behind a paywall, actually though I think it was a good move from a server standpoint for a multitude of reasons. That being said maybe having a test server over the past week then implementing it after some fixes may have been a better idea instead of using the main public server as a guinea pig. 

I’m not the biggest fan of this update on the virtue that everything is now overcomplicated. After RPing on LOTC for an extended period of time, the use of stuff like /w and /s are muscle-memory, and now I have to do SHIFT-3 just to change my chat channel. That, mixed with the abhorrently awful chatstyle system (Why change that in the first place?) makes this update just a clunky mess.

I’m not sure ANYONE asked for improvements to the chat system. It was very clearly in an alright spot before the update, so why change it?

everyone who cant read : guys this is so uneeded and why are we changing after everyone adapted!!1111111?!?!!

5 hours ago, Sporadic said:

I might do a dev diary / Remove Nexus Chronicle on the subject but the gist of it is a combination of Sync/Async event idiosyncrasies, the 1.13 Command System supplanting best practices in usage of the “/” character,

Could you please do this? As a budding CS student I’d really be interested in reading up on that

I for one welcome our technician overlords and and am excited for when we will some day be placed in 2x1 black boxes that will teleport across the map to do our roleplay!!

2 hours ago, Doom321 said:

Hey nerd speak english

It runs on a different thread and is therefore asynchronous with everything on the main thread.

Bugs or whatever:

- Wandering Souls are in [OOC]

- Wandering Souls (with personas) can talk in roleplay chat channels like #rp and #s

- Clicking on a ping in [OOC] such as @Wrynn will bring up “/msg @Wrynn” if it’s at the start of the message. If it’s not at the start of the message, it’ll give “/msg  @Wrynn” (notice the double space). Also you can’t /msg @player.

- Emote styles are busted. I prefer dark_gray name and dark_green emote color:

3HfacVE.png

How will I see who tf is in front of me now if ping isn’t a thing. wtf

Wheres skills?