I'm sorry people are so jealous of me, but I can't help it that I'm popular

Sporadic

1 hour ago, Sporadic said:
  • Stop Move Ping (left click player to ping them) was removed due to an excess of abuse opportunities.
  •  

Please return this. Having to lose health so someone can get your attention is not a good thing.

• Devs should be the lowest staff-team on the tab-list, since they are the ones who the player base interacts least with.
  • *’s now has a space between the player name and the emote. This wasn’t the case and shouldn’t be the case.
    • *’s horse is lovely. used to be: Name’s horse is lovely. it is now: Name ‘s horse is lovely.
  • /leave chatname no longer works. do /chat leave chatname
  • No permission to perform /countdown
  • You can ping spam the server by typing @ooc  @rp etc. in OOC chat.
  • Emote-colors that do not work:
    • black
    • blue
    • dark_blue
    • dark_gray
    • gray
    • magic (???)
    • white
  • Being able to ping players with @name in LOOC and SOOC would be helpful. Why is it only possible in OOC?
  • Emote Style: Quotations should be the standard since it is what people are used to.
  • Doing #loom places you in a chat you have no permission to post in and therefore cannot leave.
    • You can still do #chat [message]
Edited by Youngie5500

@Sporadic First bug for you

ef043c8021f23007efc60899f24c679d.png

Stuff like

“Hello” he’d say waving

Doesn’t split between emote and verbal

6 minutes ago, LorelessPuddleMancer said:

@Sporadic First bug for you

ef043c8021f23007efc60899f24c679d.png

Stuff like

“Hello” he’d say waving

Doesn’t split between emote and verbal

Do /chat settings emotestyle quotations

Why doesn’t it do this automatically

And also thank u Youngie ❤️ 

hey, so, i accidentally typed #loom and now i can't switch chats because i don't have permission to talk in that channel and i can't seem to gett out of it, please prevent people from getting access to switch to channels where they  don't have permission to speak.

later i tried to switch by clicking on the icon infront of the  message, but that doesn't allow me to change back to a normal chat either.

no changing.PNG

after a restart i was able to join the global out of character chat by clicking on it, it didn't work before so... just wait a restart out not being able to roleplay on the server

Edited by mika1278
added info

We are now all pinging ooc chat, all hail the revolution

please atl east let non vips use yellow emotes like im sorry but do you not see how much harder it is differentiate when it’s all the same colour?

inb4 JUST READ IT LOOOOOOOL thanks guys

I still think we should get notified a week before changes like this go in effect, but I also can't argue against longer item descriptions 10/10

quiet and whisper don’t work why try to fix something that isnt broken, also give us back emote colors for non-vips the worst feature of the chat system of lotc’s largest competitor is the fact that everyone has the same chat color lol

Edited by The_Honkler

I get why people are complaining about their emote colors being taken away as non-vip but also lmao, just fork out a fiver, gotteeem.

Thank you for your work sporadic, you’re a good egg, sometimes.

hey it’d be nice if there was a way for the chat to change styles depending on the syntax used (like last time :-]) instead of having to change channels each time you want to change how you emote. 

2 hours ago, Sporadic said:

The [Trade] channel has been removed due to the excess of OOC and low-effort trade being conducted.

Now people will just fill the forums with it, good job lmfao

Stop Move Ping (left click player to ping them) was removed due to an excess of abuse opportunities.

The abuse being... what exactly? A tiny message on the screen every 20 seconds?

You should be able to use the OOC channels from the Lobby servers and hear people on other servers.

nobody cares about optimizing the lobby since people want to be in the lobby for a minimal of time.

The chat settings are no longer inside a menu but must be operated through /chat settings instead.

Chat System Upgrade

Those two seem to contradict each other. ^^

3 hours ago, Sporadic said:

The tab list has been redone to synchronize across our network. By default it organizes by Teams, Friends and VIP ranks. If you prefer the old unordered player list, you can toggle it with /tablist, which works except it is also ordered by staff rank (staff before vips before plebs).

People only care about the game mods so that we can pm them if we die due to fall damage or something. Everybody else could just be found through their respective /[team name]list. It’s pretty lame to put staff in front of the rest of the players really.

So, I am one of the few people which aren’t against those changes. Sure, some parts are a bit odd, such as the #-Thing, yet, in total we got a few useful changes in regards to lenghty text replies, item desc. and general updates on the whole /tab situation that players complained about yesterday. The only two things I would add back/change back are:

• Left-Click to Ping Players (It was useful to stop players or get their attention, as you can’t write fast enough from time to time)
  • Whisper and Quiet Chat (Those are existing, yet, you can only access them with #w and #q instead of #whisper and #quiet, if possible, allow both forms to join the chat)

Else....good job @Tofuus