CT Update Log - May 2019

TarreBear

dnIHbcSzlUpB_tBFclZzTYscgwlL6jL_1RTQvm5q

554a7gpM5Y0Tptlgdp0NoXRgw6Th1dJooTxRGqAhAX-ekpkw1r3otGFsBVI5MdPUsjewcoj656LmElzcQzntMGo3gFIjPc8IlQHJ3jNuoJlg7Edsz-PEa6nQifV6_KRCten8pCMX

COMMUNITY TEAM MONTHLY UPDATE LOG- May 2019

Introduction

Hello Again Everyone!

I am back for another monthly update on the Community Team

May was a slower month as everyone as finals season came around for many people including myself. However, we been making some updates and changes to our team structure which will hopefully aid in getting our projects out in a more efficient manner. In this update I’ll go into some of this months app statistics, our team stats, as well as some info about projects that have been going on.

If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know what the community team is, you can read more info about the Community Team’s policies [Here]

Community Team Roster

e0KECBk1CjDEif3Zb3pRs4zgkxUDi6gvdRv_oPUK

Monthly Application Data

This month we saw 413 new applications to LOTC.

This is a decrease by 29 applications from last month. However as summer starts to get in full swing we expect to see this numbers begin to rise once more..

Our overall acceptance rate was 64.2%, including both pending-accepted and accepted

Spoiler

GrMCg59Dolu5HQYa-vQBMCsnHbTTcUjc6rsOti_n9JYVYeZKJVA7yU2te7odJev5XAzCmwZe4H4baFUY

62.9% of accepted players were from an American timezone (About a 4.5% increase from last month) 29% were European (6% increase from last month) And finally, 6.6% were Oceanic, an increase of about 3.3%

Spoiler

dk5fiMw5jYqOHsqwRoQmnHzMnEEcEWUwGf70Zjdnl1n5O3LI6ws3Bm6Lh2ETboueOM-wu4EhKn3Ab1hd

Now, onto some finer details about our applications this month

Not too much has changed. The largest applied race was again the humans with 56.7% of all apps (An increase of .7% from last month). Elves followed behind with 27.6% (Decrease by about 4.6%). Dwarves came next with 6.2% (Decrease of around 0.7%) 4.4% orcs (Increase of 2.6%) and 4.7% Halflings (Increase of about 4.61%!!). Massive increase for the halflings! ?

Spoiler

2wAAVfdiOr9DI9xvEjZG1VmcLdiPYlGLk5TmBmMJ
zeoBXycl1Z4tcesqAaVJLi8zRHKR1Wry0HIbOsRv

Monthly Team Data

This month was focused on getting our focus grouping set up and working to help get projects moving. Marb121, Laurelin, & Aquaquean have been amazing, taking on large amounts of applications this month. Puffables and LotsOfMuffins have also been really amazing with participating in-game and in the new player discord assisting the community. Massive thanks for all of the hard work they have put in this month. With that being said, going into next month we plan on making some changes to spread out the amount of apps handled between the team members so there is more time for others to assist with projects for the community and to be an active help to players in game!

Please keep in mind that some members may have not made quota due to hiatus’, departure from the team, being added to the team later in the month, or are a lovely Community Content Creator and therefore not required to. (Jenny_Bobbs,  z3mos, TheIchorDruid & Reko)

I’d also like to welcome our newest team members- 4rza, Doom321, Evonpire, & MeteorDragon !

Spoiler

iJDSsRew5dn_j8S-0B1bmn2AwX9n-oAfb6JLe0U6

This Month we have a Quota King!

I’d like to congratulate @marb121 for making King of Quota for May!

Followed closely by @Aqua_ and @Lirinya

Marb has been an amazing help taking on apps especially in the times where there is a heavy influx!  

ss4p8fRx5iJ3H5yUU6zsvNzqqSr32B2GbyLZHBFs

Member Alterations

+4za joined as Community Staff+

+Evonpire added as Community Staff+

+MeteorDragon added as Community Staff+

+Doom321 added as Content Creator+

- Shy_French_Fry  stepped down from the Community Staff-

-Bluee  stepped down from the Content Creator-

- Stargazerology stepped down from the Community Staff -

- z3m0s stepped down from Content Creator-

Projects of May:

Application Rework:

We are in the final stages of the rework as management have put in the final details and are putting it up for the team to review and give their concerns. It’s a hard balance to achieve making the application require some effort while also not making it too long or strenuous. In order to achieve our goals, we’ve had to also look at our expectations and standards we wish applicants to meet. Going forward we will be rewriting all of the guides to coincide with these new changes and will be retraining the team before the application’s implementation.

Community Events:

Community events are a big focus for us currently and is something we really want to get on the ground and running in the upcoming month. Even if we have to start small and progress as we go. We believe it is very important to get the community together more often and do some lighthearted and fun events. In addition, we plan to host more contests over the forums for things such as art and writing to show off the many talents the community has.

Pots and Pandits:

We have just finished the team’s guide for Pots and Pandits and we have started training the members on the process. Hopefully in the upcoming month we training completely finished and start performing these little events to help members understand the rules around combat roleplay!

Guides:

We have been working on updating the new player guide to reflect the changes to the chat system. In addition, to add information about obtaining materials, shop creation, and the bank system.

Front Page Update:

We have also decided to take on the project of updating the front page with our content creators. We plan on having a meeting soon to formulate some ideas and get started. We may open the stage up to the community to hear their ideas on what should be included on the front page. This project is something we don’t want to rush because we rather put out something that people really like and enjoy.

Wiki:
This month managers and content creators have been getting together with members of the story team to assist with the wiki overhaul. We plan to make the wiki more user friendly which will benefit the community as a whole. Our content creators plan on making custom art to help bring more life and personality to the wiki!

Special Thank You!
Sporadic for helping and answer fixing issues in a timely manner. I’ve been bugging him a lot this month

Aquaquean for helping put together the Chat System Guide in such a short notice

LotsOfMuffins for actively keeping up and assisting players in the NPD

Puffables for all her hardwork assisting players in game through out the month and most recently during the chat system change.

Thank you and see you all next month!

I gave the first thanks.

First is the worse though, second is the best.

1/3rd of applications denied

“applications are too easy, why do we even want new players anyway” 

glad to see the staff are always ready to ruin a good thing when they see it, the biggest influx of new players and the highest peaks we’ve had in years was getting old anyway

Stop pink Welves

3 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

glad to see the staff are always ready to ruin a good thing when they see it, the biggest influx of new players and the highest peaks we’ve had in years was getting old anyway

Note that 24% of the applications are Pending-Denied. This means that the player had thr chance to fix their app, but did not make the requested changed within 24 hours. Often those players re-apply and get accepted. The applications getting denied instantly are either plagiarised, inappropriate or just not following the requested format. It has little to do with the difficulty of the applications, as players put on pending get the proper guidance required to make the changes.

Players complain a lot new players are not roleplaying properly, have edgy characters or a poor understanding of lore and rules. The new format will help tackle those issues, and will also make it easier for the Community Team to review applications, as there will be a much more specific standard for acceptance of players.

Tl;dr, new app format is good for staff, new players and denied apps have little to do with difficulty.

58 minutes ago, TarreBear said:

4.7% Halflings (Increase of about 4.61%!!). Massive increase for the halflings! ?

I wonder how many of these applicants are just Half-Elf personas who picked “Halfling” because it has half in it.

Regardless, halflings are doing pretty good right now so I see why new players would want to play one.

2 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I wonder how many of these applicants are just Half-Elf personas who picked “Halfling” because it has half in it. 

Hopefully, we pick these out and make sure they’re listed under the correct race.

Even if the player says halfling, you can usually tell by the bio and descriptions that they mean mixed race!

4 minutes ago, Rave_Cave_marb said:

Note that 24% of the applications are Pending-Denied. This means that the player had thr chance to fix their app, but did not make the requested changed within 24 hours. Often those players re-apply and get accepted. The applications getting denied instantly are either plagiarised, inappropriate or just not following the requested format. It has little to do with the difficulty of the applications, as players put on pending get the proper guidance required to make the changes.

Players complain a lot new players are not roleplaying properly, have edgy characters or a poor understanding of lore and rules. The new format will help tackle those issues, and will also make it easier for the Community Team to review applications, as there will be a much more specific standard for acceptance of players.

Tl;dr, new app format is good for staff, new players and denied apps have little to do with difficulty.

no application format is ever going to teach someone lore, wishful thinking nonsense 

16 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

no application format is ever going to teach someone lore, wishful thinking nonsense 

You’re not really making much of a point with your complaints.

The majority of apps that are posted get put on pending. Apps that are denied straight away either usually troll apps, coppied apps, or apps where people have literally not taken a minute to read the guidelines above the app format. Guidelines which offer help and links to things they might need, and it also offers rules.

Every other app either gets accepted straight away, or put on pending.

If a player doesn’t make changes to their pending app, it gets denied after 24 hours. 24 Hours is ample time to alter an app- and if they weren’t denied, then we’d have tonnes of apps from people who post once then forget, or just don’t come back.

12 minutes ago, Lirinya said:

You’re not really making much of a point with your complaints.

The majority of apps that are posted get put on pending. Apps that are denied straight away either usually troll apps, coppied apps, or apps where people have literally not taken a minute to read the guidelines above the app format. Guidelines which offer help and links to things they might need, and it also offers rules.

Every other app either gets accepted straight away, or put on pending.

If a player doesn’t make changes to their pending app, it gets denied after 24 hours. 24 Hours is ample time to alter an app- and if they weren’t denied, then we’d have tonnes of apps from people who post once then forget, or just don’t come back.

that’s all very cool but I didn’t ask you to explain the pending system, I asked you why you think we need to be denying more people

Just now, shoahinsnowyfields said:

that’s all very cool but I didn’t ask you to explain the pending system, I asked you why you think we need to be denying more people 

Technically, you didn’t ask anything.

If anything, you’re having a dig at something nonexistant.

1 minute ago, Lirinya said:

Technically, you didn’t ask anything.

If anything, you’re having a dig at something nonexistant.

No I’m having a dig at the new application format. 

11 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

That is exactly what I explained in my original post. The format and its difficulty is not very related to the amount of people being denied at all. In many cases, players put on pending don’t even log on anymore after posting their application. Please read my original response explaining why they are unrelated.