Moderation Staff Update Log - May

Fireheart

?

why have you not made it so different infractions are forgiven at different times

the magnitude of two actions can be so vastly different –  one year is completely unreasonable for so many things on the server

also the practice of “here’s a bunch of changes see ya in x months LOL” is ******* awful lmao nothing will get changed until you’re back despite community feedback because they cant do a thing without your permission

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Why are appeals and reports private? Yes, I did read it but I'm asking because it's the leadup of my response here. You've just denied players a voice and are publishing a system that allows players to try and hide behind a shadow well another players place on the server is at risk. Instead of focusing on a system that is a push to better the community, a push to work out disagreements instead of jumping to a ban, you are allowing a system that is, get banned first then try to talk to us after and we will hide your appeal so no public feedback. This is wrong. 

@Harrison what do you think?

Because it’s hard to report people for breaking the rules when they lie to all of their friends and single out the OP of the BR to be bullied and harassed by an entire playerbase. I don’t agree with it but I think public ban reports for things like Hackusations and the like are stupid, there’s too much drama involving ban reports and as sad as it is to say this gets rid of the drama.

Ofcourse, the issue now is that we’re going to have people getting shadow banned as they won’t even know they were ban reported and most likely won’t be able to dispute the ban report. If they could they’d just show everyone pictures of the ban report on discord and the harassment would just happen anyway. Sure they could just threaten to ban the reported player if they leak the report but then the OP will just leak the report to some friend who will then leak it to someone else and who will then leak it to the nation chat of the reported player. 

This causes a whole host of issues that we didn’t have before so I hope to Tythus that @FireheartHIATUS is only planning to make this a trial attempt to figure out if this system is better then what we have now. 

So in ban reports, how will the player respond to accusations pushed against them, defend their decision and themselves, how will witnesses give their account?

This document and structure can be found on our information post and will now be public.

Except that the link for ban length is invalid.

6 minutes ago, Archbishop said:

So in ban reports, how will the player respond to accusations pushed against them, defend their decision and themselves, how will witnesses give their account?

I assume they’ll be added by a moderator to the thread? If that happens though it completely invalidates even making them private in the first place because now the reported player can just leak it to all of their buddies, or the OP can leak it to try and get the reported player framed for leaking it. If they don’t add the reported player then they can’t defend themselves against accusations, that means they’ll be 100% within the moderation staff’s mercy. That in turn means that If people in the moderation staff are openly biased against that player they can get banned for little to no reason over a small grievance and not ever know why until they appeal and get said appeal denied.

I don’t know why it’d be hard to keep public ban reports but add in a private ban report system for serious rule breaks that involve illegal behavior like the recent case we had where someone got perma banned for what most believe to be child diddling. This could also be used in cases where a player has a large player-base backing them so we can avoid drama.

1 hour ago, Destroyer_Bravo said:

you can say removed it isnt a dirty word

rip

making reports private is the dumbest **** i’ve ever heard, thank you for making me lose IQ 

1. You did not link a "your view on war" thread, you linked a view thread trying to justify one single bad decision out of a dozen in the war.

2. You did not adress the ridiculously low support you have in the community and your failure to address player feedback. When will any of these gain attention?

8 hours ago, Jaeden said:

idk about the others but I stepped down from manager because I need to focus on uni instead of screaming over wars. Also, Potts deserved it more than me. 1000 tickets is wild.

Was referring to a certain delectable baked good.