The Swamp

Temp

Spoiler

The Swamp

bdKEL9LDAL14qh_diIANap9Fov48YfYXhZYY6w4wFoQwo3kth_Uf5F17w8-vaRJEQEC3M2I-vsOUGvskGpgwKVJKGtPigb3WUhUlTZiVrjpNA9-US6ILiCDqtT5Qmlk-vh_XGx9n

Host to a collective of undying, gigantic disease carrying vermin, vodniks and other unseen entities, the swamp will be an event ground that escalates or de-escalates on the basis of the actions taken within it.

What can players do to help or hinder?

Think about this critically. What inhabits the space and how one could legitimately go about this? I have no intent to draw out a step-by-step for players to cling to and would, instead, prefer to approach everything in RP through RP. If at any point and time you have intent to explore or interact with the swamp, simply toss myself a message on Discord or in game.

This post will mostly be serving as a means of posting escalations and de-escalations.

--

I can be reached at RancidHound#1670 on discord
Or at RancidHound in game

Escalation as of 6 / 1 / 2019

Blood Fever has spread to a fair amount of Undying. – Effects unknown.
Animals are now being effected by what is reanimating the dead.
Vodnik population swells. Many have been seen leaving the swamp, seeking out more plentiful food.

Post crypt raid outcome – Many undying have been awoken in the region. Rumors of artifacts within the crypts swell attracting bandits, grave robbers and the like.

A spoop lets off a hiss, ”Such a false way of living. Too boring being unable to feel. However, it sure was fun feeling them crush underneath my boots..”

Charles Napier readies his specimen kit, readying to fill his taxonomic charts with exotic new species of parasites, bugs, and other vile lifeforms!

A druid shakes his head as he scrambles to find an archdruid (and someone to teach him blight healing.)

Another druid shakes her fist angrily! 

A third Druid would walk towards the mother Grove, about to inform the Archdrui about such region.

@Aethling

A fourth druid would scream bloody murder before gathering some fire accelerant 

tboixuc2vyy11.png

The famous sea captain and adventurer DEEK DRIFTWOOD rubs his hands together gleefully as he prepares his crew to get for an adventure in these cursed swamps. Dead Biggun's with buried treasure? It's not like they will need them anyway!

Aviala would turn her head in the direction of the swamp, her eyes having a small iridescent glow around it. The whispers causing her ears to twitch a bit. 

Yet within an unknown tavern, a bandit seems to slowly twiddle with a dagger, raising a mug to her lips. After chugging down the mug, she swipes her wrist across her mouth. “Hmm, seems the treasure is calling my name.”

A fifth druid clenches their tiny fist as they prepare for whatever is to come. 

8 hours ago, Keefy said:

A fourth druid would scream bloody murder before gathering some fire accelerant 

tboixuc2vyy11.png

A man simply screams as he realises druids are going to start intervening, the last few times such has happened has left catastrophe in their wake.

The Creator save us all 

Some mage swims amidst scrolls of damning evidence, painfully incoherent cult-writing and runic nonsense, going mad as he flails his gauntleted arms about. Wailing!

DISEASE!”

A shaman would prepare a walk to meet with Laklul, the powerful spirit of swamps

Spoiler

@Temp you’re welcome to rp the spirit if you’d like, my discord is TaxSeason#7949i if you wanna set up a time.