July Community Meeting

TarreBear

x2m46FDSeJ5JpsIC3g6FHAAbbzAf50tMePI40smb

UzVBdyjnh4Ve6ThjEI_iWs-0F1YZzQkSHzvkfPy1

Hello everyone!

I hope you guys are having a nice summer so far and I wish those who are finishing up their semester luck on finals. After the June meeting, I spoke to a couple of members of the community and took some feedback. We will be having frequent community meetings which will occur at the beginning of each month. After the meeting for that month, a post will go up for you to leave any new questions and concerns throughout the month to be answered for the next meeting. Approximately two weeks before the meeting occurs the date and time will be announced to ensure everyone has time to prepare and are able to be in attendance.

With that being said please leave your questions and concerns below in a constructive manner. All trolly posts will be removed and skipped over. The time will be released in a couple of weeks. Thank you!

UzVBdyjnh4Ve6ThjEI_iWs-0F1YZzQkSHzvkfPy1

Information
Date & Time: Wednesday, July 31st @ 5pm EST

1. When will you acknowledge the complete lack of trust the community has towards you as staff? Will there be any voice or word about improvements in regards to how bans are handled, and how player feedback is handled?

1. How will you resolve the current admin situation? You centralised positions to have more authority, but when staff members disappeared you were left with a vacuum that couldn’t be filled and paralysed or disorientated departments.

1. Will there be any word on the staff bias and relevant concerns raised during the current Oren conflict? Specifically in regards to an administrator over-reaching their power sphere and announcing a decision based on false information, and without consulting his management or team?

1. Will you stop putting people on forum content moderation for calling your staff incompetent in LOTC discord?

When will the first round of actual events happen on LOTC that offer players growth through their characters outside of slice of life and war rp.

When will you remove this content moderation from me.

When I sat down and had a logical conversation with Telanir about the state of the server when I predicted the staff teams were merging, we talked about expansions of the future map, this map, to try and add new areas and lore for players to explore to keep their interest locked, similar to how ESO works. Telanir said it wasn’t a terrible idea and has some potential in the future of LOTC. What is your opinion on this.

When will there be actual meaningful events.

19 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

When will there be actual meaningful events.

if you’re including ‘bIg sTorY’ events in that statement, there hasn't been any because it’s been virtually impossible to get any event builds done because the lack of a Dev Team Admin (who now controls Et builders thanks to this merge) caused the team to stagnate

On 6/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, L0rdLawyer said:

-snip-

Im also quite curious what you mean in regards to us not having events? Personally right now and throughout the last 2 weeks I believe the ET has had a cascade of DEEP, INDEPTH events that have been offered to literally everyone and anyone. Hell this happened the other day-

Maybe we dont also put a eventline right infront or you, or have mega druid demigod things literally walking to nations to explode them (which none of the ET wanna do either way but thats besides the point), but hell, if youd like to request a eventline you can PM *LITERALLY* me or any ET member with your ideas! There are initiatives one can take to create a badass event for themselves and players, the people screeching on the forums for them arent helping anyone. 

3 hours ago, Tha_Mystery_Man said:

Im also quite curious what you mean in regards to us not having events? Personally right now and throughout the last 2 weeks I believe the ET has had a cascade of DEEP, INDEPTH events that have been offered to literally everyone and anyone. Hell this happened the other day-

Maybe we dont also put a eventline right infront or you, or have mega druid demigod things literally walking to nations to explode them (which none of the ET wanna do either way but thats besides the point), but hell, if youd like to request a eventline you can PM *LITERALLY* me or any ET member with your ideas! There are initiatives one can take to create a badass event for themselves and players, the people screeching on the forums for them arent helping anyone. 

I didnt mean my comment towards you. Personally I love what you're doing. But you're the only person that is sharing your love for the server and passing it on to others. As xarkly said, one of your managers. 

19 hours ago, Xarkly said:

if you’re including ‘bIg sTorY’ events in that statement, there hasn't been any because it’s been virtually impossible to get any event builds done because the lack of a Dev Team Admin (who now controls Et builders thanks to this merge) caused the team to stagnate

He admits there's a lack of worldwide events. And its because of staff issues. I have nothing against any ET. But things wont change unless you actually bring it up and create discussion. 

@Pun should approve my post 

20 hours ago, Xarkly said:

give us giant crabs xarkly.. you know you want to.

1. Will "Korvassa" be added on the road signs so that new players can easier find the island that is hosting some charters?

2. Why is the road to and on the Korvassa not a speedroad like the other main roads?

3. When will the staff get to actually build the roads to charters who has been waiting for their roads for weeks now?

Why is there a ‘Community’ team when their only real responsibility is to deal with new players? Hosting events here and there does not appropriate for dealing with the community – especially when the Community Team lead doesn’t address the concerns of the majority of the server concerning topics such as war rules. 

For example on my recent blacklist? Me and 70+ others who agreed that it was BS are still waiting for a response. The role of CT should be to support this and be the medium between Moderators & Players – however all we see is CT pushing players through the outdated application process just to then be slapped about by Moderators.

Your responsibility as Communtiy Team doesn’t end the minute they lose their [N] tag, and doesn’t suddenly start again when somebody wants to recite poetry in that Community Cafe ****.

Can there be uniform rules for accepting a whitelist application? I love looking through apps and the disparity in requirements by the CT is astounding. Some require there to be "one good, one neutral, and one bad" interesting facts about the character, despite the rule just being "one of your facts should be a bad thing." Some CT members require giving examples of powergaming and metagaming (even if the definitions given are good), whereas the rules do not require them. 

What is the CT doing to help applicants get the lore right when the wiki is wrong and out-of-date with so much basic lore? For example, Halflings would have no idea what their current village is, most racial wiki pages still have nexus references in them, and very few wiki pages have Arcas info (and the geography info they do have isn't listed as being from a prior map). 

Would the CT consider creating a Community Ombudsman position? 

1 hour ago, Burnsider said:

Halflings would have no idea what their current village is

This is mainly my fault, please do not blame the Community Team for this. I shall improve the Brandybrook wiki page and connect it to the Halfling racial page today. I should’ve done this a lot earlier, but I’m lazy.

15 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

This is mainly my fault, please do not blame the Community Team for this. I shall improve the Brandybrook wiki page and connect it to the Halfling racial page today. I should’ve done this a lot earlier, but I’m lazy.

If staff penalizes new applicants for not getting the lore right, when the stated lore is not up-to-date, then this is absolutely something staff should address. This is not simply a halfling issue. It is an issue throughout the entire wiki, an issue staff has acknowledged and stated they want to fix. I am not asking how they are fixing it, but asking what stop-gap measures they will employ until the wiki becomes up-to-date. 

1. Will we ever have another crafting plugin at any time in the near or even far future?
  2. Are there any motions to reform the conflict/villainy blacklist systems and freehanded distribution thereof?
  3. Are there any motions to reform the moderation staff and ensure that there is an even, unbiased, and stuctured approach to punishment as opposed to the arbitrary method that seems to currently be the norm
  4. If the community team is less about the community and more about the new players, then why is it named the ‘community team’ as opposed to the ‘new player team’ or ‘monk staff team’?

Will update as I come up with more questions while listening in.

So when are wonks being accepted

Can you force Telanir to force flamboy to stop moderating apps and like just tie him to a desk with his private messages open so he can only reply to messages 

Edited by Aesopian