Battle of the Arts - June 2019

TarreBear

5JIgmEnO8b47xGVtuZBfLR0tsbtyXMUv2_hf2g0v
_MEbQ36kH1ThUj1o6xkDGIHVIPQ9lJKymKIXTED6

Greetings wonderful people of LotC!

The Community Staff are pleased to announce the first Battle of the Arts competition! As the title suggests, this is a competition where you -- our creative community members can enter your creations to earn prizes each month. The categories include Artwork, Creative Writing/Poetry, Music, Skinning, and Building. A winner will be selected by the Community Staff from each of the categories, making a total of 5 winners. We hope you have fun with this and enjoy!

- Theme -

Every month there will be an overarching theme. These themes may range from aspects of server lore, history, folklore, or even holidays and seasons. For the first month we wanted to keep it fairly simple. Since we are going into the summer and everyone is getting ready for their vacations, we thought it would be appropriate for this month’s theme to be summer oriented.

The theme for June will be the beach!

w4_OgBwRlXVMefzd1E95GAxttwWAeVanAsJVFTQ9

- Prize -

The prize for the June Battle of the Arts Contest will be 5000 minas to fund your beach trip, a Shop of Wonders Eternity Spade to assist you in your sand digging endeavors, 2 rename tokens might you find some treasures along the way, and the Creative Wizard tag! (Prizes will vary contest to contest.)

- Criteria -

• All content entered must coincide with the theme of the month
  • Creative Writing is limited to around 1500 words.
  • Creative Writing must have the google document linked to ensure the criteria above has been followed. (You can still paste the document in the post for all to read easily)
  • You are allowed to submit up to 1 submission per each category.
  • Build submissions can be represented by screenshots

_MEbQ36kH1ThUj1o6xkDGIHVIPQ9lJKymKIXTED6

To enter your content in the contest, please use the following format.

-Submission Format-

Mcname:
Category: (Art, Creative Writing, Music, Skinning, Building)

Attach Content:

Due Date: June 30th, 2019

We would appreciate it if you all left suggestions on themes you would like to see in future contests. We will hold a vote to let the community decide next month’s theme.

NNH5X1F1j8QKDyvTFAzDgUSrsp9D9GuNlANIYPdn

Special thanks to rwk0 for the lovely banner!

My Submission:

How the Tides have Turned

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o54XyQbTQzwUPVlHjspwm4yLBDTyGf7dy85KULAn4lU/edit?usp=sharing

6th of June, 1944

It wasn’t that long ago that I came to this place. We always came here as a get away from the busy life that we led back in the city, with father constantly working and mother starting her business; it was good to take a break. I remember rushing towards the water in my bare feet, the feeling of the gritty sand hitting me with each step. I remember the sound that the ocean made, lapping up against the shore in calm, soothing surges. In fact I even remember the smile that Hans had as he splashed in the small pools collected by the rocks, looking for small crabs and mussels.

I remember it all so well; but it seems it’s starting to fade. Today I still felt the sand, but this time it certainly wasn’t pleasant. It blew up from the beach and into my eyes and the air seemed to be laiden with it. I could still hear the water sloshing, but this time not against the shore, instead it splashed as thousands of heavy boots marched through it and thighs waded through the water. But the rocks, how they changed, no longer brown but red instead and the creatures that lay in the pools were no longer starfish or urchins.

But perhaps the most noticeable difference was the smell. I used to be able to smell the sea water and the fresh air… but today the singular thing I could smell was fear. I smelt it running off of me, it dripped from my quivering hands as I took aim and it dribbled down my shaking legs, rattling so much it was hard to walk. I couldn’t only smell it off myself however, I could smell it coming from them too. As they hopped from their metal war machines down into the water, the scent moved fast and it hit me quick, it wasn’t hard to see it on their faces either.

I remember one of them looked over to me just after he left the large vehicle and he stood frozen. At the time I couldn’t tell whether it was fear or whether he’d already been taken down, but I suppose it didn’t matter. By the look on his face I could tell that he was already dead inside. The rest of them marched on through the water and the sound changed, I can still hear that change ringing in my ears; it won’t go away. I looked down at the sand and no longer could I see the shells I once saw, but this time metal shells, firing out of the guns and hitting the ground with a crisp bite as the heat of the jacket boiled the water in the sand.

The guns seemed to endlessly fire and the shouts of our commanders didn’t stop either. They called for bombs to be shot into the waters, with a ‘boom’ following and then the screams of hundreds of men. It dragged on for so long, the torrent of shots and spill of blood seemed endless… It only stopped when I walked away. I know they’ll have one last bullet for me, running from a battle isn’t taken lightly, but on this Defining Day for the war, the only thing that defined me are the nightmares that I think I will always have.

Thanks for reading if you read it all, it’s pretty short but I thought I’d give a go at a shorter story ?

14 minutes ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

are skins an artwork

UPDATE: Skinning category has been added!

1 minute ago, TarreBear said:

UPDATE: Skinning category has been added!

im officially an internet influencer

1 hour ago, TarreBear said:

Creative Writing is limited to around 1500 words.

Is there a way to count how many words I write?

Just now, Man of Respect said:

word docs have a word count at the bottom

1 minute ago, Man of Respect said:

In google docs, if you hit the Tools tab at the top, it has a word count option.

1 minute ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

word docs have a word count at the bottom

Just now, Wrynn said:

In google docs, if you hit the Tools tab at the top, it has a word count option.

Thanks

Goodluck to anyone partaking in the community contests!

Mcname: Milenkhov
Category: Art

Attach Content:

orenlal.png

MC Name: goldenwhitehawk

Theme: Creative Writing

Our Child Ocean; Returned

First glimmer, bright sun of the day,

The rays of your joyous face glimmer across expansive beauty.

Sweet salt of the air; found only here in paradise,

Your taste only seen this way on coasts.

And your blue, a crisp sense of longing.

Desire to be swept idly along your calming tides.

Oh, joyous day; you impart upon us the pleasures of your rolling tide.

Celebration! Your sun illuminates our lives.

As skies clear and our lands approach warmth;

Melancholy is abandoned for you.

Hearts swell in your bosom

Eyes light at your rebirth

Souls reinvigorated by your tender touch upon our skin

Your sandy shores invite us to better times,

Where we might lay by your side in hopes of an everlasting joy.

For what the child of summer brings is a beautiful heat to our lives

A refreshing dip into her soul;

Sights only sought at the eve of spring

Hark all who enjoy nature, for our child ocean is reborn again!

We are brought back again to her happy—easy tides.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BmTUneVRPPpGscFwZp1wzbRF4hKV-erzzdH4a-sJpwE/edit?usp=sharing

Mcname: SavoyCuck
Category: Art

Attach Content: As the sun illuminates the remains of the Battle of Silversea, Donald Dabber, Hero of Renatus, sheds a single tear for the comrades who failed to survive the fight.

9MBFGM4.png

Mcname: sirenscall_ 

Category:  Art

Attach Content:

Katherine Marie and her cousin Leana Stafyr riding along the shores of Haense (in like +7 years LOL )

yPFUmCe.jpg

I cant attach it as file... so here ya go

Edited by sirenscall_