Battle of the Arts - June 2019

TarreBear

Mcname: wholesomerp

Category:  Art

Attach Content:

Tiny mermaid “princess” Faridir playing in the ocean. ((It was too big of a file to download.))

KCax9BXbAr9a7f7MDoHV9nTJZQYZTfDGY-upaiSYldVo0DU8TE5AJWnVA9AKLVxZaAtZcwUgAtQVHTkv7BukV9BZUzLw6RE9_-s0UFjg60k_cJxduadLoh8YqKTukuwoQP6tK0Lz

Mcname: DiamondHead_10

Category: Music

Attach Content:

A simple day on the beach turns into a full-blown adventure when a mysterious beach cave is discovered…

1276331185_View_from_Gorhams_Cave_Gibraltar.jpg.3c362872a7d8efc16c5b6cdd9f786bc4.jpg

Edited by DiamondHead

4 hours ago, DiamondHead said:

Mcname: DiamondHead_10

Category: Music

Attach Content: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D_a4DBG965QkF6VWYi81ecIHM92tOUh-/view (file was far too large to be put in a post, so here is the google drive link)

A simple day on the beach turns into a full-blown adventure when a mysterious beach cave is discovered…

1276331185_View_from_Gorhams_Cave_Gibraltar.jpg.3c362872a7d8efc16c5b6cdd9f786bc4.jpg

029289ccffb12ff1ac5cb4bf76b8f724.png

Please make the file public or upload it to youtube/soundcloud as unlisted for convenience! 

1 hour ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Please make the file public or upload it to youtube/soundcloud as unlisted for convenience! 

My mistake! Ended up just making it into a youtube video

My Submission: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vry8aDz2QlR7Y-Ar2gNCoj9Q_gwY6o2SEIBX32Wst7w/edit?usp=sharing

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summer in Sutica’s Seven Skies

Coming to the gate

I can only envision the simple

Beauty of nature’s example

One that shall give my despair rebate

All things alas, I hear the chorus of angels

Should it be that I have met the Seven?

Nay, for it is but I who be a heathen!

I cry out for redemption, and am I greeted with aingeal?

I am greeted with the truth of my vision,

That I find myself in paradise eternal

Where neither be life’s burden nor mistral

I have been given rapture as my perdition!

Come I to the beach, shipwrecked with sighs and forlorn cries

And I am at peace, as the seagulls fly above

I stare upwards to see perched on the tree a lonely dove,

And I am at peace, having said to the world my honest goodbyes.

Edited by Gloonkey

MC Name: SsSneak

Category: Art

Attach Content: A wood elf and her encounter with seagulls. :O

Elf Eating Sandwich.jpg

Edited by SsSneak

Mcname: Firedragoner
Category: Creative Writing

Attach Content:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Modh4oEUHc-EhO9F2TjMysRs-qiTx3ohKvkA0azjL10/edit

The Four Sons

It is said, from the beginning of time, there was nothing. 

No civilizations, no wars, no politics, no death or sorrow or sickness. No greed, mortality, infertility, or bloodlust. No emperors, pumpkin raids, frantic Discord rallies; no Skygods, pvp goons, erpers, or forum rep farms. 

Nothing but the clear blue of the seas, and the soft beauty of the sands.

The first Man and Woman stepped forth onto this peninsula, and their eyes filled with wonder at the sight of this primordial coast. Here, they gave birth to four sons: Malin, under the shade of a sleeping palm, Krug, on the bright and shining sands of the beach, Horen, across the grass and colourful flowers that lined the shore, and finally, Urguan, in a rocky cove that nested among the gentle waves.

And on this peaceful seaside the Four Sons thrived, growing up to be beautiful children, strong in their own ways. Malin would pore over every seashell and insect in the land, giving them each a name befitting his sensitive and creative mind. Urguan would explore the vast coastal caverns, prizing himself on the shimmering jewels he found washed inside. Horen would build great castles of sand, testaments to his talent and architectural genius. Krug searched for ways to test his strength, first picking fights with the occasional crab, then moving on to spars with his parents and the other children. Still, he was unappeased, and turned his sights to the seas, hoping a worthwhile challenge would allow him to truly test his might.

And thus would come Iblees the Demon, soon to be known as Destroyer of the Sands. He came under the guise of peace, sailing a great vessel, and quickly befriended Malin, Horen, and Urguan with his exotic wares. To Urguan, he bestowed great shimmering gifts of gold and silver which shone far greater than the shells and rocks he had found in the coves. He produced paintings of huge stone castles, sparking excitement in the young Horen, his eyes filled with these buildings which would never fall prey to the tides. From the depths of the ship’s hull he brought out cages, filled to the brim with magnificent creatures that Malin had never seen, and quickly the youth fell in love with these assorted animals.

Krug, though, wanted nothing to do with these material goods, and instead glanced around to see if a worthy opponent had finally come from the waters. Spying the ship’s steering wheel, which he assumed to be a great, spiny, creature, he grinned, and launched himself towards it, turning it into a splintered mess of wood. And with that, Iblees’ illusion vanished, and he howled with fury as his splendid ship turned into a mere rowboat, not even a sail to be seen. The jewels in Urguan’s hands became but pebbles, Horen’s paintings scribbles on bark, and Malin’s new pets a rather slimy assortment of sea animals. Iblees himself transformed into his true visage - that of a corpulent octopus, with great wings carrying him above the waters. Screaming, the kids rallied, to fight this menace to their home. 

From noon till dusk, the Four Brothers fought valiantly against the horror, grieving as their prized possessions were destroyed by the demon. Horen’s castles were trampled to dust, Malin and Urguan’s collection thrown into the waters. Krug fought so hard that he got a severe sunburn, and gritted his teeth against the pain of UV radiation. It would only be until much later when he would be treated with a soothing salve of seaweed and kelp, tinging his skin green forever. 

After almost a day of this intense combat, the battle seemed lost for the Four Sons. Malin had passed out quickly from his low stamina, Horen had been crying for hours over his flattened sandcastles. Urguan and Krug kept fighting, but even they were but children, and were easily distracted by glimmering rocks on the beach. Finally, as the sun reached the edge of the horizon, their salvation was in sight.

The first Man and Woman, parents of these Four Sons, tread down the coast, their eyes glancing over the prone figure of Malin, the sand-covered face of Horen, the blisters on Krug’s neck, and the sight of Urguan wrestling a salt-covered octopus. Their faces slowly turned red, their mouths frothing with anger, as they dragged their children back home, leaving a deflated cephalopod suffocating on the beach.

And thus the great Sons were grounded forever from the beach, forced to take up the family business of farming. Many years later they would grow into four strong men, with their own families, castles, nations, and above all - a great distrust of the ocean.

---

“The End. Now go back to bed, little miss.”

“But m-o-m, I want to hear more of the Four Brothers! What else did they do on the beach besides fight an overweight squid?” The little girl pleads, sitting on her bed.

“An overweight octopus.” The woman corrects. “But it is far past your bedtime. So go to sleep, or we aren’t travelling to Sutica this weekend. No coral, no tropical fish, and no watching elves bicker over CRP.” Knowing that was a threat the girl could not ignore, she kisses her on the forehead and closes the door.

Sighing as her mother leaves the room, the girl hugs her Iblees plushie, facing the windowsill and the starry sky outside. As she closes her eyes, she smiles, and is slowly lulled asleep by the sound of faint summer waves.

Sorry for the delay. Contest submissions are now being voted on – expect winners to be announced within the coming days!