So long LOTC

Xalid

saddened to hear something like this happened. 

I wish you and your family the best! 

Your sign will remain in my tavern.

I’m really drunk while I’m typing this, but I still know where my head is.

Xalid, you honestly helped me through some hard times – and I know I probably won’t see you around again, but I still want to thank you. Your heart was with everyone else and you were one of the most selfless people I’ve ever met. Even if we only talked briefly every now and again, you made sure I was alright and you were there for me when I messaged you at random about the **** that was bothering me.

Godspeed, man

I wish you luck in life. You’re a good guy, probably one of the better people I’ve had the fortune to come across.

Godspeed.

You were a really great mod and helped me with things when others would not or simply ignored my comments. Thank you, I really did appreciate all the help you gave as staff. I am sorry to hear of the things that happened, but I wish you much luck and health in life to you and your whole family.

Server is full of brainless baboons. Best of luck.

That moment when you get doxxed with info on your kids. Time to go get a mossberg shockwave and tell people to piss off.

This is why i hate this community, bringing in ******* weirdos who prey on children. I do love the positive people and the communities..... just hard to stick around with this crazy **** going on.

Necroposting but I’m leaving a message anyway, because Xalid was one of the most kind and caring moderator around, who genuinely showed he cared not only about enforcing rules, but ensuring player happiness. He, of all people, did not deserve the treatment he received. I hope the person responsible knows just what they’ve done, and the consequences of such actions that are incurred not only unto themselves, but those they target. Xalid is a great guy, the server-dad.

Coming forward like that takes guts, and if staff punish you for shedding light on what the darker side of LOTC is, and the fact this regularly happens behind closed doors, then they ought to reconsider. 

Doxxing and harassment are very serious matters on the server, and I feel that chances to make the server feel safe are often passed up, which is upsetting, as the server has potential, yet toxicity and outright creepy individuals still run rampant. I hope this gives the gameplay team a good reality check- even a kind server-dad such as Xalid fell victim to something that was so outright disturbing, it forced him off of the server.

Getting more personal, Xalid, you listened to me when I had nobody to turn to. You were willing to put up with my rants and went out of your way just to see me smile. I still talk with you on discord, but I really will miss seeing you (And good ol’ uncle Jakkir + Mittens) on the server. You’ve been like a second father to me, helping me overcome personal obstacles that I'd never overcome alone. 

When you were around oocly, you always used to lighten the mood, like when you remembered my birthday and filled a resource pit full of cake and tasked us to eat our way through it. Yeah, we cheated a touch by eating the cakes at the bottom and letting gravity do the rest, but it was a great time- the people I was in a call with were nothing but laughs and smiles.

It really does pain me to see you go, but know that you’ll always be warmly welcomed by myself should you choose to return at some point,

Stay cool, Server-dad, world’s okay-est boss, distributor of lame dad jokes.