[✗] [Playable Creatures] Magic Lore - Necromancy

JustMeMorgan

I love you Geo

help me fix the issues in the lore and boom we’re gucci tho

I’ve expanded some redlines to help clarify what people can do with the AOE effects such as the draining

Draining AoE can be lethal, however it would take a significant amount of time for it to so. They can also only be placed on areas where the creator has PRO permission or direct permission to do so (e.g. their own base or in a small area of a city they have gotten permission to do so in), these areas cannot be massive however can be of some size (e.g. around a person’s house) however cannot be something such as entire portions of a city

Basically it can be lethal if u decide to sleep there for a day or so, but other than that it’s just a significant deterrent, I’m also going to add how they can be destroyed

I love how the only proper negative criticisms are shitpost memes

❤️ ty

I legit rewrote it most myself, I know there are probs mistakes so posting it early probably helps to find and rectify them

10 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Although I applaud you for writing necromancy lore, it doesn’t touch on subjects wished previously by the Lore Team which in the LoTC discord have been expressed. As with the upcoming lore-games I would’ve suggested holding off on magic lore if it does come into play as it might require you to do big changes to the lore. 

To your lore in general it seems a bit lack of detail with descriptions or scratching over certain spells, take tainting for example which can be seen due to the lack of detail abusable. My suggestion would be to expand on the detail to make sure things cannot be abused. 

what were those subjects, out of curiosity? 

i take back what i said you’re not a monkey

Rn I’ve got:

Spoiler

-Removed Darkhollows

-Removed Ghouls

-Resurrection has a very harsh cap of legit 2 people, Cultists aren’t even undead but get some nice abilities such as using LT approved items to literally stitch to themselves (which pushes for them to do rp and events to try and obtain these things, kind of like Frankenstein going around slaying dragons to stitch on a bit of dragon scale to their chest)

-Curses are presented clearly with even things to help players know how long it is on for

-Taint is mostly removed except for certain spells for local areas, no mass chunk tainting like on Atlas

-No more clotting

-Many more different utilities in it, and also many aesthetic possibilities, be it bone towers or darkstone homes

-Reworked Undead; Liches & Darkstalkers merged, player chooses for magic to become the ‘lich’ + there are now a few utility abilities in it that I added just to help give them things to do, in my eyes they are sort of some people’s end goal, so once they finish that they could become that stereotypical lich hoarding away piles of silver and diamonds (maybe some gold but he’d probs put a cloth over that) and what-not

-Clarified the idea of ‘weakness to aurum’ for people to understand

-Phylacteries are now shown to LT and then if someone finds them and destroys it, the player finds out this and the LT also probs find out about this (e.g. ‘if found contact an LT if you are destroying it), this in turn is more forgiving as if it was some form of offline-raid and the undead comes back to find it destroyed, they can make a new one to help protect themselves, while also allowing them to be vulnerable to PK

What I really want to do now is:

Spoiler

-Improve some lore around undead, their aims and what-not to be more specific

-Get proofreaders to just quote selected areas and say the issue not being very vague about it literally

(quoted area) unspecific, doesn’t tell us xyz or redlines are abusable

What I’ve just done (weaknesses for undead)

Spoiler
  • Bones are quite vulnerable to bludgeoning damage, they can crack and fracture, if a significant amount of the body is injured or destroyed (e.g. entire bottom torso is destroyed by a hunk of ice), the lifeforce within the bones will become unstable and the body will fall apart, this usually means most undead wear some form of covering even robes to help cover up their form, or wear armour (If they can that is) to stop them from dying

• An undead with magic cannot wear even half plate as it would not really work for their body make-up (They’re bones), gambeson and robes however is plausible for use

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer

Neat read.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, LorelessPuddleMancer said:

Lifeforce is a ghostly substance mana

@Geo