Sign in to follow this  
JuliusAakerlund

The Uruk Ruins of Arcas

The Uruk Remnants

“Behind the great walls it stands abandoned”

U9GWjmRJptMfODzlgJGpwjDam4NBzpR-6A2RgR1CmbyxE2xg9QKfRkjB0NshPbK9yVtLsDE1Oxk2tBKzFD03Wy6dUzcybkA6scc2xn3IICFAcIncCDGl6rOBzj2l8gw-HtgK5pDC

Preface

This analysis carries no proven theorem and is entirely hypothetical; thus conclusions should not be established as fact until proven so. The basis of my work is on clear material remains or artifacts, while also heavily investigating the remaining structures; it also tries to demystify the mural work and supplement with the few remaining linguistic artifacts. I once again express my clarity on the matter that this is a hypothesis, don’t regard yourself a expert on fact by learning the knowledge herein.

Corvac Aldin

Hypothesis

Turning towards the south and along the coast of its furthest reach. I traveled in search of answers. In my most recent discoveries it became clear that the uruk played a vital role in this continents history. Thus I set out to their settlement together with my mal’onn Hennian. When we made way to the uruk capital, we found it a thriving bustle and many races were present. To our closest reach was a mali’ker which later became known to us as Tedyn. I had questioned this mali on the matters of nearby remnants, to perhaps further substantiate my hypothesis on what I call Aevan. It was then made aware to us that just nearby was a grand settlement buildt before the uruk had claimed the land as theirs. When we arrived it was clear as day that these were most definitely ancient ruins, for their time one could only marvel at their size. Tedyn seemed quite interested in the ruins himself and left me to my own devices, whilst my mal’onn went to explore on his own.

In the ruin I counted a grand eighty structures, clearly able to hold a decently sized army or civilian population. Though I must admit I am rather certain the former is more likely than the latter, seeing as only a training grounds is erected else than housing; meaning this would have made for a poor living environment. While surveying the coast I found ample proof of former battles, the seabed was littered with what one might assume is valah seafaring vessels. It would also back my former hypothesis, seeing as the only opening to the fortification is the ocean itself while walls cover every other weakness. It cannot be substantiated from the site, nor the artifacts or archaeological approaches if this was a hastily made retreat; or a fully operable fortification at its peak. Though most definitely no matter which of the two it is, it comes only to amaze in its grandeur. It is perhaps not much compared to the current era but compared to that of the past it is most definitely a marvel. I would have to wager that the ruins themselves were never properly taken by enemy forces, as there is very little sign of successful penetration of its confines. It is more likely that either the population was starved to death during war, ambushed on their return or forced to leave by other means. This can clearly be defined by the pristine conditions of the walls and the lack of decimation of the main housing. If these uruks were slain in their homes, then I fear whatever enemy did so would be one we should all fear and prepare for.

While not much else could be garnered from the site, I and my mal’onn covered a great tract of land around them in hopes of finding artifacts or remains. To us it became quite clear that shamanistic activity and various remains of magic could be easily observed. The nearby ‘Hennic stones’ as I have dubbed them, cover a vast field with dried out rivers running along and through its center. These stones are sharp and pointed towards the heavens, there is little nearby natural terrain to explain neither their position or logics of their creation. Thus it seems more accurate to believe them magical constructs for reasons still unknown. This belief only became more plausible as we were able to discover further evidence; in the form of an ancient shamanistic ritual site. The banners of Krug still hang heavy there, while a small hut with enough space for four individuals more than likely shamans were and still is present. The site itself hold clear evidence of this as the banner hangs off of two of the four spires of earthwork, that most likely were made by these shamans. Then again the presence of uruks should already have been enough to substantiate that shamans were likely here on Arcas with them.

Thus I can only come to the hypothesis that the south with its heavy heritage of various uruk remnants, clearly was held by their peoples and civilization. Though it is not entirely certain where their capital was located, but the original site could perhaps have been such a place though quite unlikely with the little infrastructure present there. This also clearly strikes another interesting fact forward, that the second banner more than likely was unable to thwart; or remove these uruk. It is then only further uncertain why either of these two peoples are now lacking from the land; what have either killed them or forced them to relocate? It is harrowing to think of an entity or entities powerful enough to strike down both these powerful civilizations.

Conclusion

The uruk held strong the land to the south even during the war with the second banner of Horen. These uruks had shamans at their disposal and these shamans have influenced the nearby terrain, most clearly the ‘Hennic Stones’ aforementioned. These uruk as well as humans somehow were either thwarted, killed, left or forced to leave the land as little proof of a long war between them and a outside force is visible. Thus concluding that either the enemy was too powerful or something else is at play. I further believe that the site visited was a military fortification and it is likely that the uruk had a capital elsewhere. Though because of cultural differences between the clans of the uruk I cannot substantiate this claim.

Postface

I call for those of honorable positions in their specified fields to contact me should they have any valuable information to further the hypothesis or have it counteracted. I publish this publically in the hopes that the truth may be found, that knowledge may be preserved and recovered. That it awakens in you the furious thirst to find yourself in pursuit of the scholarly arts and its professions. I hope further that this finds you well enticed and perhaps that my approach may shed further light upon this land of which we settle.