Solaria's PK Post

AlphaMoist

Spoiler

A Mali’ame donned in a red suit of armor walks up the steps of a large estate with a beaten and crying child in his arms. The wails of a woman trapped in the middle of begging for death and pleading for her life emanates from behind him. The woman is a large brute. She has a missing eye, heavy scars along her face from old battles long forgotten, and long, white hair dangling down her face, matted with freshly spilled blood. Her blood.

Repeatedly, she slams her head down onto the base of the estate’s stairs, forcing more of her blood to spill forth out of her skull. She cries out to the remaining trio standing before her, “Please, kill me!” and yet she immediately snaps back, almost replying to herself, “NO. I don’t want to die!” She continues to fight with herself, screaming inconsistent ramblings into the air as if more than one mind occupied her head. She watches as the Mali’ame turns his back on her, and she screams at him. “I-I l-love y-“ and still, she fights with herself,I HATE YOU!” 

The ‘ame pays no heed to her cries, worried about nothing else other than his beaten son. No older than five years of age, he suffers from a black eye, heavy, numerous bruises along his body, and a cracked humerus. Vas holds onto the child gently, yet protectively. He stares blankly ahead as he walks in to the Manor, then looks back to see the the three figures surrounding Solaria Soulheart advance on her.

A blindfolded woman holds onto Sol, hugging her. A horned man conjures a thin, smokey, ebon black tendril from his spine, boasting a sharp, pointed tip. ”Keeping her like this isn’t right. Move.”  The blindfolded woman protests, shaking her head. ”So what, you plan to just ******* kill her? How much have you really tried?” 

And with that, Vas closes the door behind him, unable to walk any further. He continues to hold onto the child gently as he presses his back against the door, then slides down it. “Hush, hush, Omeii. It will be alright. Everything will be okay. Haelun didn’t mean to hurt you. She’s just very, very sick.” Vas did try. He tried hard to help Solaria as best he could. He consoled her during her episodes, loved her when no one else would. He made sure that she was loved and appreciated, and she did the exact same for him. They weren’t lovers, no, but they were very close friends, and he was her only friend. There he sits, cradling their child. He leans his head back against the door, continuing to stare blankly ahead as the voice comes to him.

“You should be the one to do it. Put her out of her misery. None of them care for her. All they do is shout insults at her, make fun of her. You’re the one she trusts. You’re the one she came to. Yet you turned your back on her, just like the filthy coward you are.”

The voice is not given a response. Vas’ eyes simply begin to water as the sounds of a struggle become apparent from the other side of the door. Iarion, the child, winces from the noise, but Vas can’t even force himself to get up. He just listens. He listens to the ravings of a mad woman pleading for death. He listens to the begging of a blindfolded woman pleading for her mercy. He listens as orders are croaked out sadly, and he listens to the sound of a sword being drawn from its hilt. A horrific screaming fills the air, no longer filled with rage, no. Nothing but pure misery emanated from Solaria’s wailing. The child in Vas’ arms shakes his head against his father’s chest, whimpering and flinching at every new sound made.

“I know. I know, little one. I know. Maln is right here. Your father is right here.” Vas releases a brief sniffle, trying desperately to force himself to maintain his composure as best he can. “Haelun is going to a far better place. I promise. She won’t hurt anymore, she won’t cry anymore. She’ll never be able to hurt you ever again. I promise.” The sounds of the mad woman screaming cease, now replaced with a morbid, guttural gurgling akin to one choking on their own blood. It carries on for several seconds, then, with the sound of a blade cutting through the air, everything is silent. “She’s in a better place, malii’mal. This is what she wanted. And now, she can be happy.”

“Filthy. Filthy. Coward.”

The sounds of stabbing continues, and Vas snaps out of his paralysis. He finally climbs to his feet, then moves onward, unable to take anymore of the awful noise. He descends the manor’s stairs, returning to his room as the sounds fade out of existence. Iarion clinging to him desperately, tears staining both of their eyes, Vas releases a shaky, worn out breath.

”I love you too, Solaria. You were the most loyal friend I’ve ever had. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you more. I’m sorry I couldn’t fix you. I really, really am.”

OOC Note

Spoiler

This post was made for @ThatWeirdGirl’s character, Solaria Soulheart. Obviously. She was a pretty cool bean, and I’m sad to see her go. Also, the formatting got fucked up somehow and it wouldn’t let me unbold anything, so I just left everything bolded.  Rip

An elf recalls Solaria dying years ago in a bowl of water. He takes a swig of some high ABV substance at a bar somewhere.

Aelrindel Soulheart sailing the high seas would begin to feel chest pain. The ‘Aheral would realize the meaning of the occurance, his cousin and the only remnant of his family he knew was gone.