[Completed]A concern for LOTC.

ThatFunkyBunch

I'm a new player indeed, as I joined last year. Not alot of you know me, but I've spent the last nine years roleplaying online and general games. I've seen alot of roleplay of different varieties. 

But LOTC is by far the most unquie RP I've ever had. Which is why I want to bring this up. 

We do not allow ERP on the server. 

We do not allow Beastiality on the Server. 

We do not allow  Necrofilia on the Server. 

We do not allow Pedophilia on the server. 

Should we allow an RP group to start to emulate and mimic Nazi Germany? 

This is a sensitive subject, but I am serious. We have a player group under 18. And because of that we moderate things on the serve. Some of us are from all around the world. 

My concern rest from a Handbook released for children. High elf children. Where they learn general life traits with their fellow pure high elves! And will get to bond with one another. 

As well as purging their first Race Traitor. I understand that High elves believe in purity. I get that. Racism is a thing that happened in this time. 

But this is a carbon copy of Hilters youth camps. 

I'm not accusing them of being Nazis. 

That is not what this is. 

Alot of people died to keep Nazi Germany from spreading it's ideal in our actual world. 

I do not think we should allow the emulation of Nazi in anyway shape or form.  

[Main Argument]

Our youth. There are actual groups of people out there who actually and actively follow the Nazi ideals and goals. Many of them claim they are not a hate group. But they march in public, and openly carry a flag of death with them. 

An actual group of white supremacists have started raising their kids and other kids to openly hate lesser races and actively work towards destory the planet, freeing it of the lesser people. These children are being raised with the same ideals from birth. They'll never actually know another life but the one forced upon them. 

We have people able to play this game as young as 13. And depending on where you're from, your education of WW2 and the Holocaust could be better or lesser than others. 

Regardless, when I 13, I didn't actually get Nazi Germany. I knew they were bad, but I didn't truly understand what they did. As they grew older, I learned what being a Nazi was. I came to understood why so many people risked their lives not even a hundred years ago to stop the spread of Nazi influence. 

I never thought I'd see the Nazis march in person, even in my small town in America. But it happened. These groups are still actively out there. 

My intent is not to accuse, but to implore Haelunor to stop their current actions. Your kids will naturally be more likely to be like you on a biological level. You do not need to recreate Hilters youth camps to keep true to your desire of Pure races lore. 

Edited by FunkyBunch101
Spelling

I’m not always a fan of what the High Elves do, but I’m pretty sure that there’s more unironic commies in the High Elf playerbase than Nazis. Also, I think the current High Elf scouts are moreso based on East Germany’s Ernst Thälmann Pioneers, although one could argue that the Nazis give some inspiration too.

I suppose a better argument to be made here would be against Authoritarianism on LOTC instead of against any ideology in particular.

Smh, High Elves aren’t a carbon copy of Nazi Germany. Nazis were filthy lesser humans. Absolutely disgusting analogy.

But in all seriousness, we have a very very strong separation between IC and OOC – it’s part of what makes it roleplay! If you’re concerned our community is turning into a cesspool of fascist degeneracy, you’re welcome to join our discord and say hello. We’re sort-of nice people!

have you actually roleplayed and made an effort to see what Haelun’or is all about? do so and get back to me. 

I’m not sure how serious this is... But at no point did anyone refer to Nazi Germany as a point of reference when building the high elven Scouts group? In fact, they just referred to the Scouts and applied it to our culture.

Worth noting that the culture upheld by our characters is absolutely separate from our OOC community. If you were to get to know us, you’d realise we are a diverse and friendly group of players who really don’t carry such negative opinions/thoughts. I’d even be confident to say it’s at its peak right now with the positivity and messages of self-love.

You are invited to drop by our discord anytime!

Use the power of RP and destroy them.

39 minutes ago, FunkyBunch101 said:

I'm a new player indeed, as I joined last year. Not alot of you know me, but I've spent the last nine years roleplaying online and general games. I've seen alot of roleplay of different varieties. 

But LOTC is by far the most unquie RP I've ever had. Which is why I want to bring this up. 

We do not allow ERP on the server. 

We do not allow Beastiality on the Server. 

We do not allow  Necrofilia on the Server. 

We do not allow Pedophilia on the server. 

Should we allow an RP group to start to emulate and mimic Nazi Germany? 

This is a sensitive subject, but I am serious. We have a player group under 18. And because of that we moderate things on the serve. Some of us are from all around the world. 

My concern rest from a Handbook released for children. High elf children. Where they learn general life traits with their fellow pure high elves! And will get to bond with one another. 

As well as purging their first Race Traitor. I understand that High elves believe in purity. I get that. Racism is a thing that happened in this time. 

But this is a carbon copy of Hilters youth camps. 

I'm not accusing them of being Nazis. 

That is not what this is. 

Alot of people died to keep Nazi Germany from spreading it's ideal in our actual world. 

I do not think we should allow the emulation of Nazi in anyway shape or form.  

[Main Argument]

Our youth. There are actual groups of people out there who actually and actively follow the Nazi ideals and goals. Many of them claim they are not a hate group. But they march in public, and openly carry a flag of death with them. 

An actual group of white supremacists have started raising their kids and other kids to openly hate lesser races and actively work towards destory the planet, freeing it of the lesser people. These children are being raised with the same ideals from birth. They'll never actually know another life but the one forced upon them. 

We have people able to play this game as young as 13. And depending on where you're from, your education of WW2 and the Holocaust could be better or lesser than others. 

Regardless, when I 13, I didn't actually get Nazi Germany. I knew they were bad, but I didn't truly understand what they did. As they grew older, I learned what being a Nazi was. I came to understood why so many people risked their lives not even a hundred years ago to stop the spread of Nazi influence. 

I never thought I'd see the Nazis march in person, even in my small town in America. But it happened. These groups are still actively out there. 

My intent is not to accuse, but to implore Haelunor to stop their current actions. Your kids will naturally be more likely to be like you on a biological level. You do not need to recreate Hilters youth camps to keep true to your desire of Pure races lore. 

39 minutes ago, FunkyBunch101 said:

For those that actually pay attention to the Forums. 

[Resolution of the Debate]

After a quick conversation with another player on this matter.

I have be affirmed of the Haelunor Player base actively turns away Radicalize OOC behavior such as Nazi's and have before. 

These groups like to take root where ever they can on the internet. Good work! The last thing I'd want to see is someone trying to exploit the younger player base, and sadly that is what these groups do. 

think we should ban murder rp too

murder is illegal irl

do we really want to be teaching impressionable young teens that killing people is ok 

think this is something telanir should address

3 minutes ago, Parion said:

I’m not sure how serious this is... But at no point did anyone refer to Nazi Germany as a point of reference when building the high elven Scouts group? In fact, they just referred to the Scouts and applied it to our culture.

Yeah. I remember @Aythyinae sending me some East German scout music when he told me he planned to make scouts. Probably more commie inspiration than anything else, just with added racism.

Although I’d appreciate it if you guys took more efforts to not justify your racist IC policies OOCly. In modern LOTC building a difference between IC and OOC opinions of communities is difficult, and thus it’s hard for people to like you guys seeing as your characters want their characters to be thrown into acid pits. Maybe try and be more vocal in how you don’t OOCly hate all the people you ICly want to genocide so there ain’t this “High Elves are literally Nazis!!!!” drama every few months.

Yeah ban every violent acts, carebear rp sim pls my jimmies have been russled 

If you weren’t aware already, these ‘Scouts’ are not really vaguely based on any sort of German Hitler Youth at all.

Let’s talk about fact.

You see, the Hitler Youth was strictly masculine, for another organisation was formed for females – the Band of German Maidens, the female equivalent. Furthermore, upon observing the badge awarding system, nothing in there actually pertains to what the Hitler Youth or the BDM were taught. The Hitler Youth focused on militaristic skills, cleaning a gun, learning how to fight and to shoot. The BDM were taught to be a stay-at-home wife, and to take care of children. Both were taught racial theory. I see none of this here, either, except maybe Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya in the Scout Handbook may confuse you. Even the reason for the Scouts does not match the reason for the Hitler Youth and the BDM. This has been integral to High Elven society for far, far longer than you have been here.

Why question a culture when you have never been a part of it? You look at it once, you see one thing that may be questionable, and you pin it to deep, grave concerns that paint it as far more than it is. As others have said, give Haelun’or a shot. Learn from the perspective of your character as to what, really, Haelun’or is like. The facts don’t line up.

Sort out your arguments. Any attempts from the High Elven community to talk about any racism is a form of practical joke. Not once, in my years on the server, have I seen anyone in the community who has been tolerated when genuinely racist. I know that @Aythyinae has actually removed people like this.

Edited by Apostate

5 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Yeah. I remember @Aythyinae sending me some East German scout music when he told me he planned to make scouts. Probably more commie inspiration than anything else, just with added racism.

Although I’d appreciate it if you guys took more efforts to not justify your racist IC policies OOCly. In modern LOTC building a difference between IC and OOC opinions of communities is difficult, and thus it’s hard for people to like you guys seeing as your characters want their characters to be thrown into acid pits. Maybe try and be more vocal in how you don’t OOCly hate all the people you ICly want to genocide so there ain’t this “High Elves are literally Nazis!!!!” drama every few months.

I didn't actually do or write anything for the scouts, I would like to add. Shay should have all the credit for it. I'm lazy.

3 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Although I’d appreciate it if you guys took more efforts to not justify your racist IC policies OOCly. In modern LOTC building a difference between IC and OOC opinions of communities is difficult, and thus it’s hard for people to like you guys seeing as your characters want their characters to be thrown into acid pits.

Yeah, we have recognised the problem a few times and that we need to do something to lessen the opinion. It is too easy to make the assumption that everyone understands our differing IC and OOC viewpoints/feelings towards people and communities.

Regardless, I have been working on a bit of OOC material for us that should help with straightening this out for new and old players alike, just got to get it finished off and posted.

without a doubt people from haelunor are probably some of the nicest people on the server

puffables writes a paragraph long goodnight message in the general chat and its so fkn sweet n wholesome

its just rp friend 

I think people in Haelun’or, for the most part, understand that this is RP and has nothing to do with real life. I can see the similarities, but we quite literally are here because we want to be. Nobody is forced to play high elves. Some people enjoy that kind of roleplay because of it’s uniqueness. Am I saying we are like Nazi Germany? No. We actually have plenty of German players in the high elves who see no problem with the way we do things because they understand this is not real life.  If you have an issue with this type of roleplay, there is an easy solution. And that is to not play a high elf. We often keep to ourselves anyway, and rarely travel outside of our own walls. We are a tight community, I’d bet we are tighter than just about any community on LoTC, and we all are having a great time doing what we are doing.