[Completed]A concern for LOTC.

ThatFunkyBunch

1 hour ago, FunkyBunch101 said:

I'm a new player indeed, as I joined last year. Not alot of you know me, but I've spent the last nine years roleplaying online and general games. I've seen alot of roleplay of different varieties. 

But LOTC is by far the most unquie RP I've ever had. Which is why I want to bring this up. 

We do not allow ERP on the server. 

We do not allow Beastiality on the Server. 

We do not allow  Necrofilia on the Server. 

We do not allow Pedophilia on the server. 

Should we allow an RP group to start to emulate and mimic Nazi Germany? 

This is a sensitive subject, but I am serious. We have a player group under 18. And because of that we moderate things on the serve. Some of us are from all around the world. 

My concern rest from a Handbook released for children. High elf children. Where they learn general life traits with their fellow pure high elves! And will get to bond with one another. 

As well as purging their first Race Traitor. I understand that High elves believe in purity. I get that. Racism is a thing that happened in this time. 

But this is a carbon copy of Hilters youth camps. 

I'm not accusing them of being Nazis. 

That is not what this is. 

Alot of people died to keep Nazi Germany from spreading it's ideal in our actual world. 

I do not think we should allow the emulation of Nazi in anyway shape or form.  

[Main Argument]

Our youth. There are actual groups of people out there who actually and actively follow the Nazi ideals and goals. Many of them claim they are not a hate group. But they march in public, and openly carry a flag of death with them. 

An actual group of white supremacists have started raising their kids and other kids to openly hate lesser races and actively work towards destory the planet, freeing it of the lesser people. These children are being raised with the same ideals from birth. They'll never actually know another life but the one forced upon them. 

We have people able to play this game as young as 13. And depending on where you're from, your education of WW2 and the Holocaust could be better or lesser than others. 

Regardless, when I 13, I didn't actually get Nazi Germany. I knew they were bad, but I didn't truly understand what they did. As they grew older, I learned what being a Nazi was. I came to understood why so many people risked their lives not even a hundred years ago to stop the spread of Nazi influence. 

I never thought I'd see the Nazis march in person, even in my small town in America. But it happened. These groups are still actively out there. 

My intent is not to accuse, but to implore Haelunor to stop their current actions. Your kids will naturally be more likely to be like you on a biological level. You do not need to recreate Hilters youth camps to keep true to your desire of Pure races lore. 

1. How do you spell pedophilia correct and immediately butcher necrophilia.
  2. Why are you taking OOC into IC?
  3. High elves have always been about purity etc.
  4. Nazis are why we have anti animal cruelty laws.
  5. If you want to be a politically correct carebear I hear [redacted] is another good server to play.
  6. If you want to ask Haelunor to do something maybe consider doing it in-game instead of being offended/liberal OOCly. . .
  7. Race mixing in game should be a sin that gets you executed. Tired of these yuppie elf hybrids.

Who cares? If people want to have some fucked IC ideals, so be it. It’s not reflective of their OOC behaviors or ideals. 

funky ur a great guy and all but i gotta say no to this one

I can see where you would get the idea from if u really really want to believe that, but I very very very very very highly doubt high elves are trying to do nazi RP and i especially dont believe high elves are nazis oocly or white supremacists (as much as i dont rly like them), the whole post is just a huge big stretch imo.

like i said in llyria chat, its not nazi RP, its RP

thats all there is to it tbh

Let’s all just break bread and end the wars waged within this woebegone mineman server because it echoes the guileful acts of our forefathers and advocates senseless bloodshed and mass slaughter. It undermines the effort of millions who died to stop the repercussions of war, right? 

This correlates the point and argument you’re trying to make. Appreciate the effort, but no. RP is too sparse and happy-go-lucky as it is.

no offense but youre totally a communist in real life

I hate racism we need to end racism

nazis would not play elves

they are too weak willed and weak minded

Alright, since all of you seem very under educated in general world history, the Nazis are definently not the only group to have exercised racial or ethnic purity. The concept has been around for millennias.

You should also seperate racism and racial purity if you want to actually I understand High Elven RP. Racism is the hatred of other races, racial purity is the belief in having a pure race, you can have one, the other, or both. You can easily exercise the thought of racial purity without having hatred towards others, a common belief in many High Elves as many High Elves are also pacifists. The Nazis were not pacifists in any form, they were extremely xenophobic and a militaristic group that desired the eradication of lesser humans. Clearly, there is a difference and racial eradication has been practiced on LotC many times before, not exclusively by High Elves.

Arguably there’s some creative value in depicting fictional genocide in roleplay, there really isn’t any value in depicting rape, bestiality, and erotica in roleplay. Also, the former is just a creative way to enjoy conflict roleplay. The latter has troubling implications especially when the people roleplaying it are doing it for personal gratification.

1 hour ago, Elennanore said:

You should also seperate racism and racial purity if you want to actually I understand High Elven RP. Racism is the hatred of other races, racial purity is the belief in having a pure race, you can have one, the other, or both. You can easily exercise the thought of racial purity without having hatred towards others, a common belief in many High Elves as many High Elves are also pacifists. The Nazis were not pacifists in any form, they were extremely xenophobic and a militaristic group that desired the eradication of lesser humans. Clearly, there is a difference and racial eradication has been practiced on LotC many times before, not exclusively by High Elves.

That’s a spicy paragraph, buddy. Particularly, the high elves aren’t “pacifists” what the hell are you talking about? And why do you think, 

Racism is the hatred of other races, racial purity is the belief in having a pure race, you can have one, the other, or both.

if you want a pure race and you want to discourage interbreeding, what do you do when someone decides to interbreed? Oh, you use violence to break them up or kill them. Racism also isn’t “hatred of other races.” Racism is prejudice or discrimination on the basis of race. You can look this up and get the dictionary definition. I don’t know how to break this to you gamer, but not wanting your race to breed with others is still racism.

1 hour ago, funnyGoTavatar said:

Arguably there’s some creative value in depicting fictional genocide in roleplay, there really isn’t any value in depicting rape, bestiality, and erotica in roleplay. Also, the former is just a creative way to enjoy conflict roleplay. The latter has troubling implications especially when the people roleplaying it are doing it for personal gratification.

That’s a spicy paragraph, buddy. Particularly, the high elves aren’t “pacifists” what the hell are you talking about? And why do you think, 

Racism is the hatred of other races, racial purity is the belief in having a pure race, you can have one, the other, or both.

if you want a pure race and you want to discourage interbreeding, what do you do when someone decides to interbreed? Oh, you use violence to break them up or kill them. Racism also isn’t “hatred of other races.” Racism is prejudice or discrimination on the basis of race. You can look this up and get the dictionary definition. I don’t know how to break this to you gamer, but not wanting your race to breed with others is still racism.

Alright gamer since it seems you're going to call me out on semantics alone, lets get down to it. One, in the context of LotC roleplay it is extremely useful to divide the racism definition into two because of how High Elven RP is. Two, if you have ever been around the High Elven community, you would know there are a great deal of fanatics who endorse both side of the spectrum. Many believe any form of violence to be impure, thus, not in the will of Larihei, many others also believe that the 'purifying'(aka, violence) against the impure is still fine, as it is 'necessary violence'. So yes, there are plenty of pacifist High Elves, myself being one of those pacifists. So, yes, gamer, maybe my idea of racism doesn't completely align with the norm, but every point I said is still logically correct given I included meaning and definition behind everything I said. Also, if someone does interbreed, you can banish them from the city. If they resist, grab them and carry them out, and lock them outside the gate, I guess you could still call that violence but that is nowhere near melting people in acid, gamer.

P.s. this is just my reference point as well, this comes from the literal high elven guide.

gpCyAYd.jpg

Edited by Elennanore

5 minutes ago, Elennanore said:

Alright gamer since it seems you're going to call me out on semantics alone, lets get down to it. One, in the context of LotC roleplay it is extremely useful to divide the racism definition into two because of how High Elven RP is. Two, if you have ever been around the High Elven community, you would know there are a great deal of fanatics who endorse both side of the spectrum. Many believe any form of violence to be impure, thus, not in the will of Larihei, many others also believe that the 'purifying'(aka, violence) against the impure is still fine, as it is 'necessary violence'. So yes, there are plenty of pacifist High Elves, myself being one of those pacifists. So, yes, gamer, maybe my idea of racism doesn't completely align with the norm, but every point I said is still logically correct given I included meaning and definition behind everything I said. Also, if someone does interbreed, you can banish them from the city. If they resist, grab them and carry them out, and lock them outside the gate, I guess you could still call that violence but that is nowhere near melting people in acid, gamer.

I think it’s important to separate the fictional elf fantasy morality and irl morality bud, you were alluding to real-life events and implying that “racial purity” is distinct from racism or racist violence on Earth where the desire for “racial purity” has motivated and continues to motivate actual genocides

I love these threads

why does anyone care?

they sit in their disneyland forts all day anyway