[✗] [Magic Lore][Transfiguration Addition] - Restora Optica

Luxury

The Void is an all encompassing anomaly. Through it, many magical marvels have come to fruition. Most recently would be the spell Restora Optica, one by which an individual may regain their sight through clever spell weaving.

jg_uD-lTL6efFNUkiwA04G3ijChCpKyeLWNw42v7hD-xqN5q3cW33tJKaBa-JKME_j52pUJMbljeg6TW0TrJBpypf4sBND_ZBYgPvRf0qk_0n4UDQ617TRz8u_hCtSNOEcnLaA6rutNF3p_rl2AC3jf5GJEKZfExytx_5zqrD-pY1yBdjdDffh_7VH-h3j8AGTuwQoaaB4jzDKdDQQBCdiyTnccp5rP_6kFumPGGxoExisXSLlLeTYpMOmPGJnQ7uA_O3qELfy8v834clugjm_-5QDMG6IW_gxue2MB2DZ4ChVuS8rAIZPgHMwxuQ80ry6DgIRNRr5OAks0SDDaAa63nXCHlrAYnu1MBIDO5WVaGb04OL1PA0lZzqojtvUirCfBrurreWzA97qG9Tp_RnXlt

Restora Optica

Abilities

A single purified crystal orb is hexed by a voidal artisan to read the mana of the surroundings somewhat akin to the feat of feeling. The difference being that the spell is only identifying what is occurring at the exterior of an area. This specific information about the light, air, and objects in a range, effectively one’s line of sight, is relayed to the subconscious through the bindings created between the enchanted eyeglass and the user. This binding is also responsible for fueling the enchantment, through which mana is siphoned passively from the user. In practice the mana usage of Restora Optica is not any more taxing than using one’s real eye. This principle relies on the understanding that every day physical functions use mana themselves, including the act of seeing.

Restrictions

As far as spells go, Restora Optica is a delicate one. Perfecting the intricate manipulation of mana is a difficult task, therefore some information being carried by the mana is lost in the process resulting an effect coined as ‘Wizard Vision’. A miasmic shroud of errant mana coexists with the imagery relayed through the enchantment.

The crystal eyeglass itself can take on an array of colors and interior differences to be customized at the behest of the creator. Some might appear dimly glowing, with flecks of light mimicking the cosmos within, while others seem to contain a milky mass of swirling mist. The options are many.

vQjs6BRfdOmH9HeIVFZy4aKNyDe1iMFQ40soWXxT2UKFBvYOqyZApKqxGItJj14jH39X0yIlrEELFdVBljPLp3CZIsmkiUeydS_UFVVzTa0eNacZ8U8fL3uoI41oQezFlbBUmI56

Redlines:

-No more effective than plain eyesight.

-The crystal eyeglass must exist in an empty descendant eye socket to be used.

-Severe damage (a strong punch, stab, etc.) to the eyeglass results in a localized explosion, which will propel shards of glass into the surrounding tissues.

-Tier 5 Transfiguration spell

-Can be warded, causing loss of vision.

-Can exist as replacements to one or both eyes.

Spoiler

Comparing to the Alternatives:

As it stands there are two sight alternatives that exist on the server. Golemancy can provide what I consider to be the, more or less, conventional eye replacement while Seers provide an unconventional sight replacement. Due to the rarity of Golemancy, there is a lack of an option for those who prefer a more conventional eye alternative. This piece will fit into that niche, and provide a pretty standard function for the server. Voidal magic has toyed with eyesight in the past, this is an official option for it without the need for pushing the lore of a mess of different subtypes.

dfda7eb710986d195d0018b94d80b60f.jpg

I mean. No harm in allowing more augmentations of body parts for a fantasy theme. Considering we have as stated above, Golemancy, Seers, (runesmiths?) and potentially the Clockwork golems, can always add it to voidal arts too.

I think some more work can go into this however, just so we can have it more in-depth and possibly add some restrictions as it is very open ended at the moment. If you want you can message me over discord and we can discuss some ideas! ( Jenny_Bobbs#0001 )

this is really cool and i do live for the body modification niches here on the server, as someone who plays a seer. i like this! +1

I like the spell but I think it might be best to wait until the Lore Games and just integrate it into a full rewrite.

3 minutes ago, Dardonas said:

I like the spell but I think it might be best to wait until the Lore Games and just integrate it into a full rewrite.

Adding onto the above, you could honestly build on this to create a whole slew of body modification/enhancement stuff if you were working it into a full on rewrite. Might be a better idea.

Edited by Infortunii

2 hours ago, Infortunii said:

Adding onto the above, you could honestly build on this to create a whole slew of body modification/enhancement stuff if you were working it into a full on rewrite. Might be a better idea.

I like the simplicity of a specific spell for eyesight. I guess I’m pretty practical when it comes to stuff like this, I’m of the opinion that not everything needs to be grandiose and wide reaching.

On that note, I’d like to see this piece integrated into a future Transfig rewrite of course. Though I cannot say I’m certain how many months in the future that will be, if ever. No pain in taking the shot now.

pls my character needs this lol. +1

This lore has been denied as per this thread: click me. 2 weeks were given to reformat and correct the submission to match the current criteria, which were not done.

If you believe this is a mistake (as this was a big sweep, yours may have been overlooked), please contact me over the forums here: click me.