[✗] Revenants, the Assassins of Ichor

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

uuKqVr_T_UmymkjhZMgDbHzxZ-dC9aRGYSX1KFRkaGDIFDSKvx-H79GE2vVIoY0XIaz9kAq7iWmIWGZCdVezkrQECp_SSeTUfV83ddoPJdZMh1LxLF_lLeNsZNaCCTDU_edhpU0V

Revenants, the Assassins of Ichor

liX6MxaS_LuykEW_JUrVosyD4G-irrLhOP-66ty85mMZWuItyCXDfszmaFeXy9SIm_Yi9HUcAEgQZnxlG3s-X8xHiZGfhvNJrMkKBpQ2s7CALICY1sDolONslq1iT-bTxOCCRaEC

Lore

A newly discovered ritual using the forbidden Dark Arts of Blood Magic, Mysticism, Naztherak, and/or Dark Shamanism has awoken a new breed of creatures; a new form of rebirth. By using Blood Magic and various runes to symbolize life and to create a new physical husk, Mysticism to handle and anchor a Ghost into this mortal coil, and Dark Shamanism and Naztherak for their work with the spirit Kor and power of corrupted souls they can place a Ghost back into a physical form.

Revenants are a twisted and demented recreation of their former selves. Although they hold great resemblance to their old selves and retain the memories of their lives before, they are twisted and horrific. These creatures are brought back with a vengeance and are weapons to the sorcerers that made them. These creatures, although possessing a sense of freewill, are brought back with a purpose - the haunting image of a feared figure or a loved one returning to physical form with the purpose of bloodshed. 

These creatures have a blackish and grey muted corpse like appearance with various cracks covering their skins that glow red with genus, specifically in the places that they suffered physical harm in their living time. Their hair is always black and wisp like with its movements like plumes of smoke and their voices appear like shattered and distorted mirrors of their old sound - changing in tones and oftentimes speaking entirely in Al’ahrn-Durngo. When these creatures are inflicted with physical damage they will simply have their grey skin flaking away into the air with a soft red mist following into seemingly nothing. Due to the nature of their creation, a haunting image of the dead, these creatures find themselves unable to hide their face either due to vanity or the means to strike fear into the hearts of those who dare go against them.

Physiology

Revenants are beings, forged from blood and bound to the soul. Their bodies are forged from pure blood magic and their souls bound by a mystic. While there is a connection between their bodies and soul, it is much more loose than one would be with a normal descendant. This allows them to have a higher pain tolerance, so while they still feel some pain, they do not feel as much and they are able to continue performing their action without much hindrance. They can lose limbs, ligaments, and legs and will not stop until their objective is completed unless they receive a fatal blow to the head, their heart is destroyed, or they are decapitated. 

While a revenant can lose limbs and arms without caring much, this still affects their ability to fight or move effectively. Say they lost a leg, they would continue to do their work, but would probably stumble and could only move on one leg, severely hindering their speed and effectiveness in combat. 

Along with this, Revenants possess the strength of a human male at peak physical condition, allowing them to wield a majority of weapons fairly well.

Spoiler

Skin Examples by Luv & TheKingOfTheMoon

Male:

120e16af9032917c977caadaaf7a890d.png

Female:

0b6be70467424a030cf3388984814898.png

REDLINES

• Revenants may lose limbs and ligaments without much care and can take a hit much better than most descendants can, as they are essentially a ghost within a forced husk.
  • While Revenants can wield most weapons without much care, this does not mean they are masters in using that weapon, they are only able to lift and wield their weaponry at the level they had prior to life or if taught.
  • Any form of headshot or heart shot would be a kill for the Revenant, meaning they can take damage to most of their bodies with little to no drawbacks besides the obvious ones like losing a limb.

SL2L20RiPNtsFdSpdUsxFLTivnMGud_X3GvyctHY7rZdcQsWoMM9L2uYAj4fM2VF1bLDK3x0UlPH-io8WnbLxw7vBVTIaPhFMn_FBjnJtSRUVi2hLBNSRZcUnNmI5Gcp-t0MjyJ7

Abilities

Revenants, although suffering the loss of their abilities they had in life, are no walk in the park for those who may encounter them. Much like a Rogue Blood Mage, these creatures have increased agility, dexterity, balance, and reflexes. Alongside this these creatures are granted with a form of “immortality” in the sense that they will never again parish from old age or disease. 

Marrow: Iron

Revenants have the ability similar to Beserker Blood Mages which allows them to forge weapons from genus. However, unlike a Beserker, a Revenant has the ability to simply forge these weapons within their hands from the genus already flowing within them, the genus used to create them. 

The weapons can vary depending on the Revenant, but can be anything from a simple sword to an arrow which may be launched. The difference from the Iron Marrow to its original is that these creatures cannot forge large masses such as shields or armor with their genus. The only requirement is that the craft must have a sharp point or edge.

REDLINES:

• A Revenant may not create shields, walls, or any physical obstacle using this ability, only edged weapons and projectiles.
  • Launches projectiles may not fly further than five blocks without the assistance of other magic.
  • Projectiles and weapons varying in size may cost different amounts of genus. For example; forming a simple projectile or arrow from genus would take half a unit while creating a sword or axe would take up a full one.
  • Projectiles cannot be formed larger than one foot in length and six inches in diameter. Weapons can be up to three feet in length maximum. 
  • All projectiles take up to three emotes, one to draw genus, one to form, and one to fire. Projectiles may rotate around the player for up to two extra emotes before requiring them to fire or disintegrate. They cannot deflect attacks when they are being held onto and disintegrate once they fire past five blocks or pierce their target successfully. 
  •  All weapons take up three as well, one to draw genus, two to form and have the same hardness as ferrum. They disintegrate once they are dropped or are no longer within the hands of the Revenant.

Marrow: Sanguine Sigh

The Sanguine Sigh is a taxing and costly ability used often times in desperate measures by the Revenants to finish off their opponents. The Sanguine Sigh allows for the Revenant to create a red haze of genus in the air out from their form in all directions which causes anyone inside this mist have a red glaze causing them only to see in shades of red, but the fog itself is not impenetrable. When inside the fog anyone who is not the Revenant that cast the spell will begin to hear their heart beating violently and loudly in their chest - causing them to lose the sense of sound to anything else around them, but of course leaving the mist would stop this illusion and return those affected back to their normal hearing. 

REDLINES:

• The mist may be breathed three blocks away from the Revenant, and having a radius of five blocks. 
  • Anyone who enters the fog would hear the sound of their heart pumping in their ear and the only way to deafen it is to either leave the fog or anyone with a rune of silence. Anyone in the mist also gets an anxious feeling and can put them on edge, as well as give a slight boost of adrenaline. 
  • The mist may be blown away with enough time and effort.
  • When inside the fog, your vision is glazed over with a sort of red tint.
  • This ability requires three units of genus to perform. 

-yie60LGqQCwczY1kiHGWcg1NNj6Ifo-afMTCNb5nB7egOMbaLZyGRZ-qd8ehnXoWOxf1stWjzqZX4kS0X2v_GdyRfx0g08J-FMLsohTV5J8qgSovygoQPjIqrYUZB8spOtfU2Fo

REDLINES

• There must be one of each mage type in the ritual, one person cannot count for two of the four required Dark Arts.
  • There must be a Blood Mage, a Mystic who knows both Handling and Anchoring, a Naztherak, and/or a Dark Shaman.
  • Revenants can ONLY be made from Poltergeists with accepted CAs.
  • Revenants cannot veil their faces in any fashion.
  • Revenants do not need to carry totems to use their Rogue-like enhanced abilities, but must have the necessary amount of genus required. 
  • Revenants cannot learn any other forms of magic but may wield enchanted weapons as long as it is not holy.
  • Revenants are able to be bound by any methods from the four Dark Arts used to create them, allowing for Revenants to be stolen (this does not require consent from the Revenant nor the original creators)
  • The ritual to create Revenants must be taught specifically in roleplay.
  • Revenants are affected by any magic or weaponry that are meant to harm undead or unnatural creatures.
  • Revenants lose all abilities they had prior to becoming a Revenant, including those of being a Ghost and any magics they had prior to death (if any).
  • Revenant Marrows cannot be learned by normal Blood Mages.
  • Revenant cannot be recreated after death, it is one and done.
  • Revenants get six units of genus to perform abilities with, but cannot have their genus collected after death.
  • Upon death the Revenants would flake away into the air in a torrent of flakes of grey and faint red mist, only their soul remaining unless destroyed by holy magic or a shaman. 
  • Every 48 hours they can regenerate back to the six units of genus they usually have.

liX6MxaS_LuykEW_JUrVosyD4G-irrLhOP-66ty85mMZWuItyCXDfszmaFeXy9SIm_Yi9HUcAEgQZnxlG3s-X8xHiZGfhvNJrMkKBpQ2s7CALICY1sDolONslq1iT-bTxOCCRaEC

Final Notes

The purpose of this Blood Magic addition is to bring together different communities for the sake of ritualistic RP that Blood Magic was commonly known for, but however seems to be lacking in as of late. This also offers fun storylines for Ghosts and those who knew the Ghost characters in life, but does not give the same feel as a Lich or other undead creature as these would not be the types of creatures you would play on a day to day basis, similar to inferis or other Dart Art CAs, and would simply be brought back for storyline purposes - the haunting image of your loved one coming back with a vengeance. 

Please try your best to leave some sort of constructive criticism so that I may use it as feedback to see how the community feels about this specific lore piece and how I should take it moving forward. All opinions and comments are valid and I appreciate all feedback. -Luv

Lore and Concept by: Luv

Co-Author: pundimonium

Suggestions by: Deer__, Jlyoko, HeeroZero, and Starfelt

4 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

ok, first of all
7fe96746926e473ef1cc3094ddc90a8b.png
that’s the skin I designed 

for me, and i make it spooky after i edited it up for [redacted]. 

and i think my work was better – *hair flip*

(this is a joke please do not hang me)

Robert.jpg

Just now, Jake! said:

why do i hate you so much?????

MORTAL KOMBATTTTTTTT

This actually hurts. 

@Boruto brother, give them the RANT

hi luv

I genuinely can't stand these unavailing lore posts. I really can't. It's one of the most trivial, pointless things a person could waste time composing. The idea that you think it's beneficial or entertaining to waste hours of your life in pursuit of mineman power under the veil of "entertainment and bringing together rp communities" speaks about how lonely and piteous you must be to get urged enough to write this.

It probably seems counterproductive for me to scribe this, because writing genuinely makes me angry. It seems like it's near impossible to have a genuine discussion on this place without some ****wit chiming in to call me things like "retarded cervitaur" or "greek ****".

But that doesn’t change the fact that you're literally all rehashes of one another trying to be unique and /creative/, when all you're doing is the same thing -- pathetic power-grabbing and ego-stroking. Your lives are being wasted away because you find it witty to write these worthless threads, when in reality none of this will actually serve you unless you're senselessly addicted to power gaming and ineffectual strength feats. Like you get a dopamine response from it or something.

please don't delete this please please I'm only practising my freedom of speech

This is actually the most useless thing I’ve yet to see.

The lore team and the community was quite specific about one thing, to halt creatures, which’s purpose are only tied to killing and murdering other characters. Why do you think ghouls and whatnot were shelved? And look at what you bring out of your cesspit of a mind, some bland, pale creation summoned forth from the cheapest of novels or games, a thing that lives, as it’s name suggests, to assassinate. The idea behind this is interesting, pale, unseen figures directed by the cold words of occultists, gesturing to those that must perish. Except this isn't what’ll happen, your characters will probably be offended by a random guy, which will then be killed, as most people do; kill for little reason, without thinking whether or not that person will actually pk. I can already see these things just sitting in the llyria tavern sipping mocha’s and casually conversing about flowers and ****. 

Get out of your basement and write something worthwhile and creative. No bad feelings intended, just an honest opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Jentos said:

I can already see these things just sitting in the llyria tavern sipping mocha’s and casually conversing about flowers and ****. 

mustn’t forget the demon-consorting ascended, as they thrash out words of peace and fallacies amongst those very daemons they sought to exterminate, in that cursed tavern. A sore sight, even to the blind eye.

@Jentos @Boruto

y’all real angry and passionate about mineman rp server, get over yourselves with this focus on supreme megaquality and realize when someone’s trying to do **** for fun lol

thumb_you-dropped-this-clowns-license-yo

get over urselves lol

40 minutes ago, Jentos said:

This is actually the most useless thing I’ve yet to see.

The lore team and the community was quite specific about one thing, to halt creatures, which’s purpose are only tied to killing and murdering other characters. Why do you think ghouls and whatnot were shelved? And look at what you bring out of your cesspit of a mind, some bland, pale creation summoned forth from the cheapest of novels or games, a thing that lives, as it’s name suggests, to assassinate. The idea behind this is interesting, pale, unseen figures directed by the cold words of occultists, gesturing to those that must perish. Except this isn't what’ll happen, your characters will probably be offended by a random guy, which will then be killed, as most people do; kill for little reason, without thinking whether or not that person will actually pk. I can already see these things just sitting in the llyria tavern sipping mocha’s and casually conversing about flowers and ****. 

Get out of your basement and write something worthwhile and creative. No bad feelings intended, just an honest opinion. 

46 minutes ago, Boruto said:

I genuinely can't stand these unavailing lore posts. I really can't. It's one of the most trivial, pointless things a person could waste time composing. The idea that you think it's beneficial or entertaining to waste hours of your life in pursuit of mineman power under the veil of "entertainment and bringing together rp communities" speaks about how lonely and piteous you must be to get urged enough to write this.

It probably seems counterproductive for me to scribe this, because writing genuinely makes me angry. It seems like it's near impossible to have a genuine discussion on this place without some ****wit chiming in to call me things like "retarded cervitaur" or "greek ****".

But that doesn’t change the fact that you're literally all rehashes of one another trying to be unique and /creative/, when all you're doing is the same thing -- pathetic power-grabbing and ego-stroking. Your lives are being wasted away because you find it witty to write these worthless threads, when in reality none of this will actually serve you unless you're senselessly addicted to power gaming and ineffectual strength feats. Like you get a dopamine response from it or something.

please don't delete this please please I'm only practising my freedom of speech

i hope i can shed some light on your areas of disinterest to further help. these creatures are obviously not something you’re going to see walking about living normal day to day lives or “sipping mochas” in any tavern. they sound demonic, they appear horrific, and are slaves to the blood mages that made them which usually make them with the intent of serving a specific mission – perhaps you may have missed the final note that i left:

5 hours ago, Luv said:

Final Notes

The purpose of this Blood Magic addition is to bring together different communities for the sake of ritualistic RP that Blood Magic was commonly known for, but however seems to be lacking in as of late. This also offers fun storylines for Ghosts and those who knew the Ghost characters in life, but does not give the same feel as a Lich or other undead creature as these would not be the types of creatures you would play on a day to day basis, similar to inferis or other Dart Art CAs, and would simply be brought back for storyline purposes - the haunting image of your loved one coming back with a vengeance. 

Please try your best to leave some sort of constructive criticism so that I may use it as feedback to see how the community feels about this specific lore piece and how I should take it moving forward. All opinions and comments are valid and I appreciate all feedback. -Luv

these creatures, despite being an interesting form of “undead”, are NOT meant to be played on a day to day basis and are more so meant for the purpose of creating roleplay story lines – which is something i am trying my best to do.

in case you missed anything i would check back over their list of abilities and the redlines surrounding their abilities and skills in case maybe i was misunderstood. i tried my best to make them balanced and relatively “weaker” creatures and i genuinely believed i did that well, but if you still disagree after a second look through then by all means be sure to inform me.

thank you for the feedback that you have left regardless of the personal attacks and i will be sure to consider this moving forward with this lore submission. 

3 minutes ago, Vindicant said:

@Jentos @Boruto

y’all real angry and passionate about mineman rp server, get over yourselves with this focus on supreme megaquality and realize when someone’s trying to do **** for fun lol

thumb_you-dropped-this-clowns-license-yo

get over urselves lol

fun and degeneracy are blurred bro

i normally don’t read lore but the tl;dr is you somehow picked every aspect i want to execute from blood magic and put it in a singular post

at least this’ll help people who are trying to rewrite it for the lore games.