Event Sect Update - June

ScreamingDingo

June - The Month of Poor War Decisions, Admin Picks and General Chaos - An ET/ST Update

aSghvnP.png

ss.png

aSghvnP.png

Hello, it’s ScreamingDingo once again. I did mention I’d be a bit more transparent with the current workings of the team so I thought I’d create this post. So in the build up to the launching of the ‘Lore Games’, the ET has been in the process of a slow rebuilding which I believe we’re completely launched and ready to go.

As mentioned in my last post, I have launched “Bounty Boards” again with the inclusion of a habitat system. This seems pretty confusing to some players, so I’ll explain the purpose of what these habitats are there for.

Event Habitats -

Event habitats are places on the map where monster encounters and small bits of map lore info are released periodically. There is normally one area focused within this, and it currently is the southern jungle expanse. Or ‘Duulgador’. 

This is essentially a hub event place for ET to try new techniques, be trained and otherwise for the players themselves to experiences hunts and other novelties which were provided previously by “request. With the specific bounties, certain populations of creatures grow weekly and will eventually combat with the environment surrounding them. This hasn’t launched with “fantastic” success, but it’s been successful enough for me to keep this project around to eventually refine it into something better and more streamlined for both our staff and our players.

aSghvnP.png

The problem with hunt requests

So, what’s happened as of recent is a massive influx of /sreqs regarding personal hunts. I’m here to orientate my team towards creating more meaningful event-chains, so with that I will be abolishing the use of these reqs to request personal hunts. What people do forget is that they’re able to play wolves and stuff for trials by themselves, you do not need staff support to hand-hold you through your own personal roleplay. Though take such permission with a grain of salt, if I see people doing obvious things that’d break lore or people playing scaddernaks, I will use my own LT authority to string you up like a puppet.

The protocol with /sreq should be to ask to interact with a site you’ve found in game. DO NOT put in a request if the event area is not interactable or doesn’t have any signs to denote it being an event area. All this does is clog up story requests and create a mess to clean up daily because of people recklessly using requests.

Specifically to NLs and faction leaders, you CAN use the event proposal form to request certain events or even try to gain the interest of an ET to help you. This is all up to the ET if they wish to take these, I will not force them to take any requests they do not wish to. The sub-forum is in the link below, please utilise it if you’re that desperate for events.

aSghvnP.png

EVENTS ON SHOWCASE

One of the more well-known event chains happening within the team at the moment, it’s spearheaded by Tha_Mystery_Man. 

A regional antagonist led by RancidHound

The precursor to something greater, by SpodoKaiba

aSghvnP.png

CURRENT ET ROSTER -

Xarkly @Xarkly

ScreamingDingo @ScreamingDingo

Tha_Mystery_Man @Tha_Mystery_Man

Easilytraced @Shadeleaf

Werew0lf @Werew0lf

TheRainbowRoyal @TheGayGuardian2

Spodokaiba @SpodoKaiba

Domchomizakihan @Cracker @Crack A Smile

Defy @Defy

Dardonas @Dardonas

Julius55 @JuliusAakerlund

TheTri @Anthony303

xXEnderKing @XxEnderking

Knightei @Knightei

DarkSainthood @DarkSainthood

Bestscarface76 @Dunstan

D4NNA @D4NNA

Treshure @Treshure

Rancidhound @Temp

Architectus @doledipper2005

Sour_Doh @SourDough

We’re always on the look-out for more members, at the current moment I’m looking for the inclusion of maybe one or two more members around the GMT or otherwise off-peak timezones.
aSghvnP.png

I’ll answer any questions on this post that you want to be asked. This is on behalf of the Event Sect of the ST, as much as I could talk about how great lore is and when it’s being shelved, it’s not the intent of this post.

no disrespect of course, because i did read what you posted, i’m having a confusion...

so you’re telling us the ET will no longer be doing personalize hunt events because you’d rather us do them ourselves? this seems like it could be abused in some regards and just seems lazy on the team’s part as i see very few ST online at once nowadays and haven’t seen a single event in quite sometime from a large number of those seasoned ET.

as much as i like the idea of an area people can specifically go for events, it seems like a bad idea in terms of the same people showing up every time, getting to play “the hero”, and collecting the loot which has been a serious issue in the past. my point still stands that this seems lazy.

however, i will give you and your team the benefit of the doubt and i will wait to see how this plays out over the next few months before completely trashing this concept and direction. hope it works out! good luck!

14 minutes ago, Luv said:

no disrespect of course, because i did read what you posted, i’m having a confusion...

so you’re telling us the ET will no longer be doing personalize hunt events because you’d rather us do them ourselves? this seems like it could be abused in some regards and just seems lazy on the team’s part as i see very few ST online at once nowadays and haven’t seen a single event in quite sometime from a large number of those seasoned ET.

as much as i like the idea of an area people can specifically go for events, it seems like a bad idea in terms of the same people showing up every time, getting to play “the hero”, and collecting the loot which has been a serious issue in the past. my point still stands that this seems lazy. 

however, i will give you and your team the benefit of the doubt and i will wait to see how this plays out over the next few months before completely trashing this concept and direction. hope it works out! good luck!

(also good jab at me for the comment i made on your lore x )

Yes, because what personalised hunt events are used for 99% of the time is for some beneficial loot gain that’s staff endorsed. I’m saying this in regards to more mundane creatures and I’ll be releasing a ‘guideline’ post on what players cannot play themselves to ensure there is no confusion. There’s been quite a few events being ran compared to the last few months, we’re constantly improving and trying to make it so the server receives more meaningful eventlines that spark more roleplay.

We’ve had concepts of event areas before which have went quite well, @Temp himself has ran quite a few as have I with Mordskov. The habitat idea is just to centralise bounties and create a longer lasting impact to those that interact with the area. Former hunting grounds and failures recorded in the build, while successes can be seen in how the environment relates to it. We do not encourage people “playing the hero” and it is genuinely a backwards way to look at events now. I’m at the forefront and will ensure that events aren’t fed to singular playerbases and everyone that wishes to have an opportunity in an event will be able to.

Though, thank you for your feedback. It’s genuinely appreciated as I’m trying to make things work. If the ideas do not work out, I do encourage you to openly trash the direction and concept. I’d rather get a vocal outburst if I make a mistake instead of people just dawdling along and going with whatever I say.

very nice!

but can we have 

Aesopian!

Just now, ibraheemc2000 said:

very nice!

but can we have 

Aesopian!

ill add aesopian when i get admin

Just now, ScreamingDingo said:

ill add aesopian when i get admin

make this man admin

1 hour ago, ScreamingDingo said:

faction leaders

Ah yes. What is the story team doing to my pvp factions server?

Seriously though, I like the new bounty boards. They were a great idea and make it so much easier to get involved now.

What are your thoughts on “private” events? Things where uninvited players show up to an event, only to be removed by the ET, stuff like that. Do you think they’re alright for ET to be doing or not? I know it’s definitely been an issue in the past, and I’ve heard a lot of players go off about it a few times.

Edited by w_ill

Just now, w_ill said:

What are your thoughts on “private” events? Things where uninvited players show up to an event, only to be removed by the ET, stuff like that. Do you think they’re alright for ET to be doing or not? 

This depends on the context. 99% of the time I don’t believe “private” events where an ET are removing others from participating just to isolate the event to certain people. There’s always the idea that sometimes players come into events to actively raid, troll and **** around with those players during an arranged event which should be discouraged at the very least.

But a majority of the time, every event should have the ability for anyone to get involved. I’m happy to reprimand people who exclusively shut events to people for little to no reason.

2 hours ago, ibraheemc2000 said:

make this man admin

or just make aesopian admin. skip the middle man.

9 hours ago, Luv said:

Honestly, nothing keeps folks from just having that bear or wolf pelt that is completely mundane by renaming a piece of leather. And a lot of the ST, from what I’ve seen and discussed, aren’t too keen on being the pocket safari for taming attempts. 

As for the event areas, it’s legitimately not that simple or easy. Folks that dive into my events and my event region typically don’t get to play ‘the hero’ and they don’t get to stack up on easy loot. Any and everything taken is earned through legitimate risk via CRP and site interactions. I’d actually argue that carefully developing a region and its ecosystem is far more involved than slapping some random monster down in the middle of the woods 20 blocks outside of town. 

I urge yourself and others to look into the bounty board and take up what’s listed. I’ve run right at 30 events in my region in the last 3 – 4 weeks and usually have a literal schedule I need to run by because folks approach me fairly regularly and across multiple playerbases.