[✗] Fjarriagua, the Witches of Winter

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

2 hours ago, Luv said:

There is a cap of 5 Witch Mothers at once. No Mothers from the past will be able to just hop in. They will all need to resubmit their TAs if they wish to keep their ability to spread the curse.

Putting this cap on would extremely limit the creature/magic that this lore directs. I am just curious on why you would limit or lore reasons for it?

2 hours ago, Luv said:

When accepting a favor, once the witch successfully completes her end of the deal then the other person would be completely unable to speak of that witch’s true nature to anyone, ever again. 

2 hours ago, Luv said:

the other person would be completely unable to speak of that witch’s true nature to anyone, ever again. 

Is this until they discover the witch out once more – or never. Added on what happens if the favor is something that ‘harms’ another witch and although the witch cannot accept such a thing, does so anyway to deceive the individual and not follow what they asked. Do they still fall under this? Would that then not be an easy tell?

2 hours ago, Luv said:

Witches also gain the ability to perform a stun ability of their choice that would fit the witch aesthetic and the roleplay scenario they find themselves in. Some witches could choose to greatly increase the glow of their eyes in dark locations in order to temporarily blind an opponent. Or perhaps release an ear piercing screech that would knock someone out of concentration. The choices here are endless, but nothing that could cause physical harm to someone and this can only be done once per combat situation. 

You didn’t give examples of emote counts, are these instant? How long is the stun?

2 hours ago, Luv said:

Cursed Ice has a resistance to heat and can generally only be destroyed by Holy Fire. Holy based magics will interact with Cursed Ice as if it were regular ice, melting it over time as well as weakening it. If the quantity of cursed ice is small enough it has been known to be destroyed or melted easier.

I’ll try to refrain from using ‘holy magic’ as the only way to remove cursed objects/structures/ext. Try to have some mundane way to get rid of it.

To the next bit I wish to discuss. With the abilities specifically although you’ve written beautifully in previous iterations some spells required a more in-depth discussion on what it does and redlines. As seen: here.

I was also curious on previous abilities which stood out to me being; Mirroring , Jökulthrall (thralls) and the addition of alchemy tied to the Frost Witches. Would these be future iterations of the creature/magic or will this be what the witches currently have? If future iterations, or planned would it not be best to tie it into one constructive post?

Overall I believe that this post does have good options and a new direction of the Creature/Magic I just believe it needs to be further defined and ironed out with explanations and abilities. 

@Luv cool lore, but you’ll need specific redlines for each spell or it won’t be considered

@Jenny_Bobbs @Wrynn i will respond as soon as i am back to my computer in an edit to this comment. wrynn, if you could specify which redlines specifically that would be so so so helpful and i will respond to you with the said clarifications? 

btw for everyone else i will be including a change-log at the bottom of the lore post so everyone can see the updates as they occur and i will make sure they are smoothly edited and placed into the lore properly should it receive a trial that way it keeps its pretty visual format! 

my response to @Jenny_Bobbs:

so so so sorry for a lot of the issues you’ve pointed out – sort of a mistake on my part, so allow me to clear somethings up for you!

1. since i’ve changed the frost witches to a creature with 4 magics slots i figured the magic will not have a “student cap” like everything else, which is often 3 students. for something like frost witches this doesn’t make sense since a week after they are cursed they are progressed to the “witch” tier and are essentially there until becoming a mother which would sort of stunt us in terms of growing; ESPECIALLY since it’s been over a year since we’ve had any new witches. however, because of my desire to not have a student cap i know this could get out of hand therefor i do not want 10 mothers with the ability to curse at their discretion with little boundaries if that makes sense?
  2. both parties are unable to speak on the deal, except to one another, and in terms of “exposing” her true form the other party cannot speak, write, or imply that they are a witch. this deal is held indefinitely as long as the witch is in the process of completing her end of the deal actively or the deal is sealed permanently if she completes her end. a witch is not forced to disclose if the deal is not valid, and she is allowed to deceive the other party if she pleases – it’s all sort of up to the witch.
  3. the stun is meant to be quick cast and sort of stop a chase in its tracks regardless of who is running. it is going to be that the one stunned only has to suffer the effects of the stun for one emote which gives a witch time to make distance or gap close. in case it wasn’t clear, the stun is only able to be used in feral mode. i would like to make it count two emotes as well to perform the stun.
  4. i have been away for quite some time so i have to catch up on everything, but if you could enlighten me here that would kill two birds with one stone. i’d like to make it so that any magics meant to harm dark creatures specifically will apply in the place of the “holy fire” as well as azdrazi because they sort of are the FIRE creatures of the server that i think make the most sense.
  5. in terms of mirroring, thralls, and the alchemist addition they are not included in this rewrite because i wanted to keep this simple and not bloated. i want to thank the beautiful @fighting evil by moonlight for those, but until we can get back to business as usual i don’t want to add into too much that would go “unused”. should we feel like they have a place once more and will be actively RP’d i have absolutely no opposition to bringing them back!

if you you and @Wrynn could specify any red lines you feel are lacking or aren’t clear enough PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know and i will be sure to make those changes in the change-log as well. i am going to be posting the change log at the bottom of the lore below the credits tomorrow morning.

Edited by Luv
i wasn't home, just got back to my laptop!

You did a wonderful job, Luv. +1

4 hours ago, Luv said:

The art of evoking ice is one that comes naturally to a Frost Witch, and has incredibly useful applications.  This is done by condensing existing moisture in the air and then lowering the temperature past the point of freezing.  At first, a witch is only able to conjure small flurries but with practice, an experienced Witch is able to pull respectable amounts of ice and snow from thin air.  Ice Conjuration is affected heavily by the environment. Any environment considered dry or hot would be incredibly hard to conjure within without assistance from an outside source, such as an enchantment or another witch.

4 hours ago, Luv said:

Ice Manipulation

Witches are able to manipulate existing ice with ease, as if it is an extension of themselves.  Of course, this doesn’t exempt them from tiring after extended use. Most Witches are taught how to forge daggers from ice which, while brittle and able to be melted, is better than being unarmed.  Other uses for ice manipulation include immobilizing opponents, throwing chunks of ice or icicles in combat, and, of course, making ice sculptures.

Within other renditions of the lore, our abilities over ice have always been unclear. I would like a strong clarifications on our abilities, are we stronger than Water Evocationist or on par with Tier 5 Elementalist Shamans? And how does it range when one becomes a mother? Clarifying abilities such as Ice Storms, Ice Weapon Conjuration, Blizzards, Moisture Freezing, blast of ice. 

Furthermore, clarification on temperature and cold should be a thing on this. How far can we lower the temperature of a room and how fast may it occur. Another clarification, which would be easier for a witch to do, summoning Ice from thin air or manipulating pre-exiting ice / snow. 

Another question, was it mentioned that we are not allowed to use our abilities when we are disguised? If so, my mistake, must have skipped my mind. But overall, this piece is good, stronger version than our past lore. Pushes for movement of the witches in our year run, and allows us to add more additions for lore.

1 hour ago, Slayy said:

Within other renditions of the lore, our abilities over ice have always been unclear. I would like a strong clarifications on our abilities, are we stronger than Water Evocationist or on par with Tier 5 Elementalist Shamans? And how does it range when one becomes a mother? Clarifying abilities such as Ice Storms, Ice Weapon Conjuration, Blizzards, Moisture Freezing, blast of ice. 

Furthermore, clarification on temperature and cold should be a thing on this. How far can we lower the temperature of a room and how fast may it occur. Another clarification, which would be easier for a witch to do, summoning Ice from thin air or manipulating pre-exiting ice / snow. 

Another question, was it mentioned that we are not allowed to use our abilities when we are disguised? If so, my mistake, must have skipped my mind. But overall, this piece is good, stronger version than our past lore. Pushes for movement of the witches in our year run, and allows us to add more additions for lore.

hey girl hey, allow me to clear this up as well! 

1. i will be going through to further clarify our ice magic capabilities, but as it stands i will be making it that in terms of witches (the second tier) they will be able to conjure ice equivalent to tier 3 water evocation and ice manipulation at the rate of a tier 3 water shaman. a witch mother has ice conjuration at tier 5 evocation level and ice manipulation at tier 5 water shaman level.
  2. in terms of how cold i would say with enough time and concentration a witch could reach sub-zero temperatures with relative ease, i’m not good with all those technical terms. and for your second question, it would be much easier for a witch to control pre-existing ice/snow.
  3. i am going to keep it that witches cannot use their ice abilities if they are disguised.

these changes and clarifications will be present on the change log as well, thank you for pointing these out. they’re obvious to me as a 2 year witch player, but i forget that’s not common knowledge to everyone. thank you ❤️ 

A good read and interesting lore. This is looking great! +1

I support it.
tenor.gif?itemid=4936441

there has been a change log added to the piece where i will be updating everyone on clarifications and adjustments made through discussions here in the comments so that people do not have to click through pages of replies to find answers to their questions. i will be home tonight around 6 pm EST to properly apply the change log information into the actual lore and will be adding a check mark below each update when it has been completely implemented into the lore.

thank you to everyone who pointed out errors, asked for clarifications, or simply left suggestions and feedback. i genuinely appreciate all of it and if you notice anything else moving forward by all means feel free to inform me here in the comment section!

change log as of 6/28/2019 at 7:11 am:

10 hours ago, Luv said:

Change Log – Check for Updates

6/28/2019 7:11 AM EST   Reveal hidden contents

6/28/2019 7:11 AM EST

I am aware of the formatting issues that need updating and I will be doing so today when I get home from work. This will include putting the proper red lines underneath each section they apply to, adding in the emote examples for the stun ability from Feral mode, and properly putting in all of the below listed points where they belong as well in the form of red lines.

• Favors cannot be broken by either party as long as the other is upholding their end of the deal. For example, if someone tasks a witch to collect a specific item for them then they will be unable to expose her secret in any fashion as long as she is actively working to complete her side of the deal.

• Favors prevent those who accept them from exposing the witch in anyway, shape, or form. They cannot tell anyone, write it down for anyone, or imply it in anyway.

• A witch is not required to tell someone that their favor is not valid and may approach the situation however they’d like.

• Frost Witches cannot feast upon Soul Trees as they are made of wood.

• The stun spell within the Feral mode stuns the other party for exactly one rotation.

• The stun spell within the Feral mode takes two emotes to cast.

• Witches’ can use Ice Manipulation to drop the temperature below sub-zero.

• Witches cannot use their any of the Ice Magic while in disguise.

• It is much easier for a Frost Witch to manipulate pre-existing ice and snow.

hopefully i don’t forget to remove the change log spoiler once this is shuffled into the lore mag, don’t wanna ruin my pretty post.

Great read +1 for writing such an in-depth look into our sisterhood.  I’m impressed at how well you responded to each question the community had and are working so diligently on this.  Contact me if you have any questions I may be able to assist with otherwise I approve.

Winter is Coming!

it’s been too long +1

this looks kinda cool +1