[✗] Fjarriagua, the Witches of Winter

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

On 6/27/2019 at 8:10 PM, Luv said:

Should a witch die by means of fire she will find herself locked in a dark space. Unable to move, unable to speak, unable to do just about anything. It is hot here and is agonizing for the witch to endure, but she cannot scream; she cannot escape. This lasts for eons in their time as only seconds pass for anyone in the mortal realm. The only way a witch can escape this fate is by the Rebirth Sabbath. Should no witches gather to perform the Sabbath the fallen will be doomed to spend her waiting period in this dark incubation space. 

This is a problem and will break characters completely if RPed correctly.

You describe it as ‘eons’ passing but lets say every 10 seconds is a year from the perspective of the trapped witch. There are 604,800 seconds in an OOC week. That’s 60,480 years of pure suffering.

That’s for a death able to be caused by anyone with a torch, rope and maybe wood or alcohol or whatever’s flammable.

@Luv

Wrynn meant that if you do not include each spell’s individual redlines, such as making a list of redlines for Ice Conjuration, it cannot be reviewed under the current framework, and would be auto-denied.

7 hours ago, ThatWeirdGirl said:

This is a problem and will break characters completely if RPed correctly.

You describe it as ‘eons’ passing but lets say every 10 seconds is a year from the perspective of the trapped witch. There are 604,800 seconds in an OOC week. That’s 60,480 years of pure suffering.

That’s for a death able to be caused by anyone with a torch, rope and maybe wood or alcohol or whatever’s flammable.

Ice is actually pretty hard to set on fire so unless you've put them on a pyre you're more likely to kill them with an aurum bec de corbin.

48 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

Ice is actually pretty hard to set on fire so unless you've put them on a pyre you're more likely to kill them with an aurum bec de corbin.

Witches have always been highly susceptible to fire. They melt around it basically.

11 hours ago, Mavromino said:

thank you so much for pointing this out. setting a body of ice on fire like that would be relatively difficult and the implication is that the witch would need to be “burned at the stake”. 

On 6/29/2019 at 3:40 PM, Luv said:

thank you so much for pointing this out. setting a body of ice on fire like that would be relatively difficult and the implication is that the witch would need to be “burned at the stake”. 

As Starfelt said, what about the heat involved? And ice may be hard to set on fire, but that implies combustibles wouldn’t be used. Either way, that wasn’t my really point. What about the 60,000+ years of suffering that would pass for them?

1 hour ago, ThatWeirdGirl said:

As Starfelt said, what about the heat involved? And ice may be hard to set on fire, but that implies combustibles wouldn’t be used. Either way, that wasn’t my really point. What about the 60,000+ years of suffering that would pass for them?

i will change the words i used to describe “a long time”. i didn’t look into mathematic definitions when using words i felt sounded “good”. i will make the change shortly along with the redlines.

Is this still being worked on? Cause it would be interesting to see the frost witches again. I always wanted to play one before, but never got the chance mostly due to my timezone.

7/11/2019 7:43 PM EST

I apologize for the wait on this update, was having some issues IRL that needed to be sorted out first. In terms of red lines below every section to which they apply to that will be done soon, don’t worry I know the lore cannot be voted on until this is done, but it is a tedious process and I will need time to sit down and dedicate to doing it – my apologies!

• When a witch dies by fire she is only subject to a shelving should her entire body be burned until there are no remains, if a fireball causes her death this will not put her into a shelf. The idea was a “burned at the stake” sort of aesthetic for the death.
  • Witches that die and are shelved for a week may be brought back at any point during that first week by using the altar sabbath. After one week the witch will be able to bring herself back.
  • Witches that are runed will be unable to bring themselves back from the dead with this process, and will NEED to be brought back using the altar sabbath. 

Everything above is listed in the change log on the actual lore post. Any further comments you may have that I might’ve missed up until this point feel free to reopen the discussion or message me on discord Luv#2390!

I’m late as **** but still, this is ******* awesome +1

Just here to help you member it luv, about what we talked about in discord.

• Favors description isnt worded that great and a quick read makes it seem like you are permanently bound to silence.
  • Need to read in two different sections to understand each spell fully.
  • The fire death is a bit vague, if they dont get saved after X time is it a PK or can them reform themselves?
  • Telepathic communication is talked about in the red lines but is not written in the post other than that.
  • The redlines contain some important parts of spells, that I personally think should be in the spell. such as my comment above and the mother sense 
  • If one mother is active just enough to not be removed and not doing any good how can she be removed? without and staff involvement but not in a way players can easily abuse.
  • How would Transfig or say necromancy fleshing smiting (The general ideas of it at lest) work against frosties or even blood magics blood bending? possibly other magics too that I dont understand.
  • The stun ability needs more info, how long does it take to cast, how long does it last ect.

[/spoilder]

7/12/2019 10:33 PM EST

Finally went through and sorted all the red lines into their proper places. Will be spending the rest of the night fixing up the post and working with the feedback I’ve received to try and keep the post looking as clean and consistent with the intended work as possible, please be patient with me as I do this – Kind of new to all this. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions and support, greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, Samsan99 said:

Just here to help you member it luv, about what we talked about in discord.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Favors description isnt worded that great and a quick read makes it seem like you are permanently bound to silence.
  • Need to read in two different sections to understand each spell fully.
  • The fire death is a bit vague, if they dont get saved after X time is it a PK or can them reform themselves?
  • Telepathic communication is talked about in the red lines but is not written in the post other than that.
  • The redlines contain some important parts of spells, that I personally think should be in the spell. such as my comment above and the mother sense 
  • If one mother is active just enough to not be removed and not doing any good how can she be removed? without and staff involvement but not in a way players can easily abuse.
  • How would Transfig or say necromancy fleshing smiting (The general ideas of it at lest) work against frosties or even blood magics blood bending? possibly other magics too that I dont understand.
  • The stun ability needs more info, how long does it take to cast, how long does it last ect.

[/spoilder]

7/13/2019 12:20 AM EST

In response to samsan’s comment I will try and answer each and every question to the best of my ability now, and those I cannot answer tonight I will be sure to swiftly take care of. Thank you!

Favors description isnt worded that great and a quick read makes it seem like you are permanently bound to silence?:

In regards to favors, you are bound to hold that disguise or that witch’s secret as long as she holds up her end of the deal. You are only bound to keep her secret. After the RP where the favor’s terms are made and agreed upon, in the next RP encounter you are not bound from doing anything besides exposing her secret.

The fire death is a bit vague, if they dont get saved after X time is it a PK or can them reform themselves?

Should their entire body be burned away by fire they will be shelved for up to a week if not brought back earlier by the Resurrection Sabbath. After the OOC week they can bring themselves back to life like usual.

If one mother is active just enough to not be removed and not doing any good how can she be removed? without and staff involvement but not in a way players can easily abuse.

I am considering bringing in a form of duels for Motherhood like mentioned in lore from the past. This would be something implemented in my second part of this lore where I cover the missing pieces such as Skjoldier and dive deeper into parts of the lore I had left out in the base re-submission.

How would Transfig or say necromancy fleshing smiting (The general ideas of it at lest) work against frosties or even blood magics blood bending? possibly other magics too that I dont understand.

All magics effect Frost Witches the same way they would effect normal people. They are just slowed down by the curse, super cold and slushy blood. Their blood still contains genus and has five units to spare like the rest of the magic based creatures. 

The stun ability needs more info, how long does it take to cast?

The stun ability takes two emotes from the witch and will only stun its target for one emote. I will be adding an example to the lore soon as well.

This Lore has been denied. Self denied.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.