witches, shamans, and ghouls - oh my!

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

I thought this would actually have anything to do with shamanism and I feel lied to.

16 hours ago, JoelTheGinger said:

powerful dark mage

17 hours ago, JoelTheGinger said:

powerful

This is an issue

people don’t want to actually roleplay and a majority of them take up mantles of dark magic.

they abuse them and otherwise create ooc webs of intrigue which are pathetic and not interesting to be involved in. I will preach that the main problem with most pieces of dark magic lore are the players, not the pieces themselves. It’s a shame that those attracted to that darker style of rp are counter-productive to the concept.

I agree with what is being said. What i actually like abouy dark magic is the lore and history behind it. Thats what is most engaging about the magic and the vast array of lore that was behind many of the dark magics were well written. However, the players in more recent years have been the issue. I feel as though in more recent years the actual purpose of dark magi has beem forgotten. Dark mages are meant to be catalysts of roleplay, specifically villiany roleplay. They are supposed to be what some people hunt and others fall victim to, but ultimately it should be something people should br able to see. I just feel as though most users are complacent with their acquired powers without ever really using them to create roleplay. This isnt an issue just within dark mages as most people sit around and wait for roleplay to happen as opposed to starting it themselves. This is an issue which has devolved much of the roleplay on the server to slice of life rp which we can all agree is pretty boring in excess. However dark mages were meant to be the best roleplayers on the server who can create roleplay for others.. This being said i am and have always been a fan of dark mages having privileges to create and host events with ET using their chars as event characters. But i havent seen this in a while.