Those Who Are Watching and Those Who Hear...

Delmodan

I will have to disagree with a point brought up regarding Lore: Lore is not the servers. It is the players. It belong to those who take part in the world, and bring it to life. Not the guy who wrote it, thinking it is a good idea, and not the ST or LT team who agreed or disagrees with it's quality.

I'm of the mind that ST/LT's being Judged for what does or does not count as acceptable lore is a poor use of their talents and responsibilities. Instead of Judging what lore to keep out, they should be assisting on how to get lore in. If an in-depth, quality lore is offered up, it should not be under a cloud of judgement and examination that the ST's and LT's look at it. It should be under the guise of "How can we make this lore fit with what we already have. Let's help this player".

But then again, I'm just a nice guy.

It has been openly acknowledged that the team has caused more damage than good. Sorry is a stage of acknowledgement, but not one of change. A lore piece taking 3 months to get denied is a joke. You have radicalized the universe without any premeditation. 

• Stage one, hard shelf everything, and massacre the unfortunate and well-established characters. Merkaken’s Dread Knight was a character that is a prime example of getting erased.       

• Stage two, do so without any explanation for the characters and be passive aggressive while the lore team has ample lore on their side.  Remove and keep is the name of the game for you guys. The lore team members play their special demons, fox people, and martial art magics and robots.    

• Stage three, having removed everything without any backstory or replacement beside your work is not good enough---- so now we can sit on our ass for 3 months without voting anything new. Yes, that is good a way to be a clog. 

I don’t know, the stages of this Doofenshmirtz planning could go on. Tell me, again, what change do you offer? Has anyone thought about letting new fresh minds coming in? I mean just apologizing and dodging would make this entire notice a waste of time. This is why people get sued, for some things cannot be taken back, and people want compensation. While I don’t believe in it by my templar vows, it has some logical sense. Has anyone talked about the primary concern? What is the future then? LoTC lore continues through the same deadening marshes?

Do you know what compromise means?  It means:

noun

An agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

To drill my point further, concessions means both sides conceded something. A bargain, the deal, is a give and take. Not we wipe the board, do nothing, and leave that to be the set stage. To put it lightly I would consider the reign a low. There was no planning or forethought. 

3 hours ago, Delmodan said:

I can try to better aid in this in the future where you feel like you did once before

You've already lost me I'm afraid, but you can at least save yourself from losing any more older players on the server, though let me be the one to say that frankly I don't think you particularly should be the one explaining or apologizing for anything as this seems more calebs fault then anything.

Just a reminder. Every piece of lore written for lotc and posted on lotc forums becomes lotc property and you actually have no say after you post the initial draft. Even if its denied. Lotc owns it and holds all rights with this lore. This also includes characters and nations in game, plus art. So next time you ask for a picture of your lotc character, remember the Administration owns it and can take legal action against you. Now that I reminded you to read the terms of service before agreeing to them, I'll share what I got to say relating to this matter. 

@Delmodan , to be honest. @Harold and @Malgonious give the best feedback on this thread. They aren't tip toeing around the sleeping tiger and walk in without fear. Anyone who doesn't call this Story Team a living nightmare is delusional. @Telanir is a competent fellow that let the stupidity of others fuel his actions and he allowed members of staff to make power grabs. I confronted him about the mergers before anything came to light and had a talk. He had in all of his heart the greatest intentions for the teams. But this vision of his got clouded by those greedy individuals and noone tried to help steer him towards a better path. Well @Corpean tried to point out that merging is a bad idea but he got blatantly ignored. 

It doesn't matter if @FlamboyantTyrant is inactive. He is a capable individual that can get things pointed out to him by members of his staff team and he can use this info and use reasoning to make a decision or pass it on to the administration. "A member of the community posted extension lore about the orc anatomy. He has no idea how tusks work but with a skim it seems okay. My managers all recomend we push it through. Let me stamp okay on it and it's now server lore." @_Jandy_ Instead you **** around with making everything perfect in the LTs eyes and destroy the concept that made this server great and unique. 

I read @ThatWeirdGirl s rage TA for frost witches and as much as I find that group to be a pointless circle jerk, I respect her motivation to fight for what she believes in. Instead of members of the ST taking an extra step out of their jobs to work with these struggling communities. You ignore them and let them push themselves into a state of no return. A majority of the ST are lazy and do nothing besides they are required to do to keep their tag. 

The ET are a joke. Yes I'll refer to them as the ET because you share the ST tag but all you do is the ET job. Merging the teams hurt them badly and it's not like @Treaty wasnt doing his best and doing a pretty good job. I dont necessarily like the man but that doesn't mean he wasnt capable of impressing players and continuing a legacy. Instead washed up has beens have been slapped with a seal of approval to sit around and to do nothing. You dont need high scale builds to put on an event. You dont need that at all. Yes for these epic events you need builds, but for hunting a pack of boars released by a psychotic orc or tracking down a wyvern/drake dont need builds. They need staff who want to do their jobs and beyond. Either step up or move out of the way for someone else.

@Fireheart you should remove my content moderation so I can be a good part of the server. 

Edited by L0rdLawyer

Tbh I am pretty upset with your team. The subjective tossing of lore over the years by biased leaders is annoying. Each new leader has this “grand vision” in their head but it never involves how it will actually function in game or how players will be affected. There is this “deal with it” attitude but from my experience on the team a lot of your team probably doesn’t even roleplay.

My main gripes are about magic lore. I was told ¾ of a year ago that a mass rewrite was coming. Here we are today. We haven’t even started and it isn’t even the ******* lore team doing the damn writing. What is the point other than to distract and sedate us while your team procrastinates. It’s been disappointing.

Basically either stop giving your team so much power when it is the players doing the work or reorganize and reevaluate your team structure. It’s annoying looking at these messages about the lore games from the ST like “oh just wait and see... mystery... oooaaa.” It’s BS at this point. Sit down with us and get it started already.

ALSO work on bringing back **** like Necromancy, Muun magic, and fi.

If lore is clear and being used by even one individual then why scrap it? Why? It boggles my mind. If you scrap it you scrap possible roleplay. If something is dead label it and wait for someone to revive it but scrapping all this magic lore in particular is lame. 

Some ST are very nice people and enjoy conversing. This doesn’t mean they should be on ST. Basically I want to see what each member is contributing. Do we have an active team? I figure it is my responsibility to be blunt with you. Nothing against any of you. It’s just a mess. 

Please... dear god- if you’re going to remove so much actively played stuff in the server- please provide a suitable replacement. You’ve asked communities to make rewrites, and when that didnt happen instead of /making some form of interim rewrite for the substantial communities- it was decided to simply do away with them./

You’re the story team, but so many of the changes made have the world of LOTC significantly less coherent, and thus a less believable story. 

Hard shelving of so many creatures, instead of some form of nerfing or rewrite was done insanely. I am probably extremely lucky to be least affected by it, but so many people I know werent. 

With the upcoming lore games, I am left not hopeful for things finally being kept to a consistent standard- but simply anxious, expecting more shelvings and retcons, and worrying that such might severely affect my- or the roleplay of close friends. Give us these standards A S A P. This mystery isnt fun, its anxiety inducing.

P.S: (sorry for being a bit rambly but I’ve just a wee bit more to express)

The sheer amount of insanely powerful things on this server is baffling. MArts, creatures, and magics with the capabilities to be properly undefeatable in most circumstances. While I can be fine with such existing, it makes the shelving of so many lesser, and more feeble things seem downright stupid. 

Actual soul-bearing robots with the abilities to shoot actual star wars esque lasers capable of blasting through plate mail, flesh, and stone in 1-2 emotes is ok... but gibberish speaking faeries arnt...

Where's my food magic lore.

Jokes aside, people are too harsh towards staff that's re literally donating their time to improve the server.

This does not excuse said staff members for being called out for unsavory behavior though, may it be ignoring the player base's opinion or straight up being elitist scum. 

I'm aware that most issues that come from staff teams, specifically lore team is due to straight up human nature but here's to hoping that those issues are actively trying to be solved rather than saying they are but aren't really.

Normy rant over.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! 

@Porkgasm I do see where you are coming from, however there are some things that are something people do need to keep in mind. While you are completely right on it is the players writing it and we should help them more, when lore is posted on the server is becomes the server’s property due to the terms of use. The team is there to moderate what is accepted or not so it can be introduced into the server’s lore and implemented upon. Which is why it does fall to a harder position for us given we do have to say No or deny certain pieces over the reasons that are there. This does, in turn, can upset people. From this response though, we can try and be more communicative and helpful in those regards. Especially when lore submission verdicts. 

@ScubaSteveee Those are very good questions and valid concerns pointed out. I will try and answer them all. The change I offer first starts with what you see here in this thread. Concerns, issues, thoughts, suggestions, and so on. Hearing where everyone stands and sees in regards to the team and what people want changed or at least better done. I’ve been watching this thread and the stuff from there I will be taking note and getting things done for the future. Obviously, yes it is just words right now but hopefully soon the actions will be seen more and more.  New minds are actually already in the process of, especially in regards to getting apps and loremags done in a more timely manner. As far as the future goes regarding lore. The announcements have been made regarding the Lore Games and its going towards its final touches. Communication definitely being key of course and we are getting this handled. Your last question is interesting to me. Mostly definitely and beyond, yes we know the term. While we do seem like we don’t do compromises on the outside, we actually do it far more than what is thought of. But that does in and of itself shows a point to make and fix. To be more transparent in that regard on compromises so it doesn’t look like we just don’t care and toss things off to the wind. 

@L0rdLawyer Some of your points are valid and we do need to be  better at communicating and cutting down on time frames that things are being done to where it doesn’t seem like lacking off. The example you provided with the frost witches I do agree with on how poorly it was handled and no, there's not an excuse for alot of that time in regards to waiting or seeing what was going on with it. 

@BrandNewKitten No, I am glad on you bringing your thoughts and concerns here as this was the purpose of this thread. There were projects that were stated awhile but eventually did get put on the back burner as other things arise. How that was handled though was quite poor and pulling the community along with such but it never happening is quite massively frustrating. That is something that needs to stop. I will say however that we also like to warn the community for upcoming things like that just so it doesn’t get popped up out of the blue one day without any warning. The area regarding lore, it isn’t as cut and dry as that. When there are clear problems with a piece, we have to look at the situations and go from there on what to do. As I said before in an earlier post, while it seems like we remove things without much thought, in reality discussions happen for weeks to months. As far as what each member does, goes by daily routine, projects, and so on. We are also in the process of getting some more people so to tackle the slow process problems seen in different areas. 

@Quavinir_Twiceborn As I stated in an earlier post, that is something im going to be pushing for when we have to make the unfortunate decision to hard shelf creatures/magic. A story or RP post to at least give some proper means on why it is suddenly gone so it doesn’t just leave people in the dark on what to do. I will say however in regards to your suggestion with rewrites and nerfs instead of shelving outright, those affected were given that option of such. There is a multitude of things that happened depending on what situation you refer too and while some of it should be something to work on, others unfortunately we had to finally act upon and remove. Your last statement though confuses me as if that is going on, I would most definitely like to see examples of such and look into it. 

@B3ast_mod no food for you!  :3

Just don’t submit any lore, don’t try to bring diversity to LotC, let the people in charge do as they please and focus on playing a common character that has no special traits, unique features, magics of note, no background and is just a blank filler for your persona slots, something you use to hop on to PvP or do some low level RP.

Sounds harsh, but I personally have no proper trust in the LT. It’s probably because I am still salty about my Steam Golem Lore being denied almost three years ago. As my fellow LotCer Porkgasm stated, would it not be also a bit more helpful to have proper LT input from the start in order to shape a piece of lore that is compliant with existing lore AS well as satisfies the needs of the people who wish to contribute to the world itself by giving options and possibilities rather than restricting them?