Conflict & War FAQ

Telanir

I find it hilarious how staff actually think people on LotC are going to cooperate when you can't even get simple 1v1 CRP without at least 10 paragraphs of bantering.

Just now, Telanir said:

I’m sorry but any event online including more than a dozen people where everyone involved had a good time don’t exist.

683a494dcf2b45bba2ed7abdca2977ba.png

Then, if you may, please specify which wars you have so thouroughly studied over the course of LotC’s history. Because I can’t recall any.

Its a step in the right direction but I’m still concerned that theres too much vaguity regarding certain situations, for example if one group 3-man raids a settlement every day, that would get incredibly tiring/annoying. But whether or not they’ll be stopped for bad villainy seems like its entirely up to the GM handling the situation to decide whether said nuisance raiders have “proper RP reasoning” which is completely arbitrary.

What guarantees do we have that GMs wont **** the bed when it comes to dealing with nuisance raiders taking full advantage of the rules to harrass a particular settlement as often and relentlessly as possible? I would feel better if there was an actual rule in place that covers situations like that rather than vague promises and empty rhetoric.

5 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

taking full advantage of the rules to harrass a particular settlement as often and relentlessly as possible? I would feel better if there was an actual rule in place that covers situations like that rather than vague promises and empty rhetoric.

So before a war can begin, there will be a sit down between the nationleaders where some terms will be discussed. This will include the topic of raids and who can take part, and the frequency of these raids. By default, raids will be limited to one a day and open to everyone. It is up to the participating nations to determine what their own terms would be.

Violation of those terms will lead to conflict blacklists and bans. 

1 minute ago, IZipZapManI said:

So before a war can begin, there will be a sit down between the nationleaders where some terms will be discussed. This will include the topic of raids and who can take part, and the frequency of these raids. By default, raids will be limited to one a day and open to everyone. It is up to the participating nations to determine what their own terms would be.

Violation of those terms will lead to conflict blacklists and bans. 

And what if both sides can't agree? 

1 minute ago, IZipZapManI said:

I was talking about the 3-man raids that anyone can perform outside of wars. What guarantees do we have that one faction relentlessly being a nuisance to a playerbase through daily 3-man harrassments will be curbed?

I honestly don’t know how staff expect players being in control will suddenly make everyone cooperate when players haven’t even been able to cooperate when staff were enforcing them to. This whole “people will naturally respect each other” mentality is nonsense and all that this change in rules will do is get rid of any consequences people used to have to face for being shitters in rp. Before if you were an ******* you’d get raided, now if someone’s an ******* you get to just watch **** be flung at you as you wait for a nation leader to give you permission to attack their people they’re supposed to be protecting. I don’t ever see a Nation leader consenting to any sort of war with any real consequence, who would willingly put their necks on the line? All this will do is allow players to harass each other in rp and rest easy knowing that they can’t be touched.   

Just now, WuHanXianShi14 said:

I was talking about the 3-man raids that anyone can perform outside of wars. What guarantees do we have that one faction relentlessly being a nuisance to a playerbase through daily 3-man harrassments will be curbed?

Stop crying and close your gate. 

1 minute ago, SaltAlt said:

I honestly don’t know how staff expect players being in control will suddenly make everyone cooperate when players haven’t even been able to cooperate when staff were enforcing them to. This whole “people will naturally respect each other” mentality is nonsense and all that this change in rules will do is get rid of any consequences people used to have to face for being shitters in rp. Before if you were an ******* you’d get raided, now if you’re an ******* you get to just watch **** be flung at you as you wait for a nation leader to give you permission to attack their people they’re supposed to be protecting. I don’t ever see a Nation leader consenting to any sort of war with any real consequence, who would willingly put their necks on the line? All this will do is allow players to harass each other in rp and rest easy knowing that they can’t be touched.   

say it louder for the folks in the back

2 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

New conflict blacklist system that’s been developed and will be released soon. Report conflict that you believe is fueled by OOC, is toxic, or generally contain poor emotes. 

All this is is removing all staff intervention where rules aren’t being broken and then effectively banning all raids and warclaims since no one will ever raid or war with each other with the server’s mentality in mind. Will this work? Maybe.. 

What happens if it doesn’t work? Expect a dead server within a year or two.

2 minutes ago, IZipZapManI said:

New conflict blacklist system that’s been developed and will be released soon. Report conflict that you believe is fueled by OOC, is toxic, or generally contain poor emotes. 

Some players like @Cornivore aren't the greatest at roleplaying but the parts they enjoy are villainy. Cornivore was banned in the past for poor emotes even though he was putting in tons of work and thought with each emote he put onto the server. Staff didn't like his rp though and banned him even though he tried. 

It just sounds like youre going to listen to anyone that whines and ban whoever causes them problems. 

Just now, IZipZapManI said:

Seriously? “Conflict that you believed is fueled by OOC?” Again, what’s stopping people from false-flagging others? How do you determine if someone is doing something for RP or OOC reasons? What if two people dislike each other both RPly and OOCly, and have both an RP and an OOC reason to quarrel?

This looks more ridicolous the more I look at it.

17 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

What guarantees do we have that GMs wont **** the bed when it comes to dealing with nuisance raiders taking full advantage of the rules to harrass a particular settlement as often and relentlessly as possible? I would feel better if there was an actual rule in place that covers situations like that rather than vague promises and empty rhetoric.

Hey, it’s not about whether you had RP reasoning or not necessarily, you might not have reasoning but still provide interesting roleplay. If you are deliberately upsetting people and performing shitty roleplay there will be hell to pay. As for Moderation shitting the bed, they can choose who to get it from, from them, or me. I will be the worse choice, I promise.

1 hour ago, Salvo said:

Seriously? “Conflict that you believed is fueled by OOC?” Again, what’s stopping people from false-flagging others? How do you determine if someone is doing something for RP or OOC reasons? What if two people dislike each other both RPly and OOCly, and have both an RP and an OOC reason to quarrel?

This looks more ridicolous the more I look at it.

You don’t, the only way to know is to look at their discord logs and other OOC means of communication outside of LoTC.