Conflict & War FAQ

Telanir

I for one look forward to more ROLEPLAY in Wars, seeing as LOTC is supposed of be a ROLEPLAY server. If this runs off all the PvP-goons, well, there is no shortage of places where they can click.

Hell, it'll be easier to recruit people to the server once that entire ugly aspect of LOTC is gone I imagine.

I think this has an overall good premise, but I think it’s ridiculous both sides have to agree on a war. A settlement can now do what they want without consequence. 

Edited by LeoRabbit99

Realistically with this rule set what are these supposed nations going to do to harass? If they are sending three man raids every day and refuse to accept a war I feel like you can pretty easily, using these rules, get them to stop as its outside of RP at that point. The attacks are no longer to be part of a story but merely to harass. If it is a single raid, it shouldn’t spell doom for your nation, but repeatedly doing it without intending for consequences to be give is a different thing.

Also, I like these rules as I’ve found the moderation team incompetent at handling any set of rules given to them. I’d rather get cucked by a player refusing to allow a WC then by a Moderation/Admin team who decides to allow an instant siege of a city and then turns around and increases the number of sieges before ultimately stopping the WC entirely. Or their recent tendency to turn around decisions and then call the new ones common sense, despite this being the exact opposite of common sense.

I don't know whether this will lead to anarchy or an actually good system. Only time will tell I guess.

8 hours ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Guards have the right to enjoy their time on LOTC too. And no one considers dealing with the same bandits every day, for potentially hours a day, is fun.

Your logic seems to be guards should be ready to PVP or do combat RP 24/7 so everyone else doesn’t have to, which isn’t how it works.

Yeah! You can’t expect someone who enlists for Guard Rp to actually Rp as a guard, let the guards stay at home and sew socks! #guardshavealifetoo

I’m glad you’ve discovered a new way to speed up the death of lotc, Telanir. ?

7 hours ago, LeoRabbit99 said:

I think this has an overall good premise, but I think it’s ridiculous both sides have to agree on a war. A settlement can now do what they want without consequence. 

So, I've had a night to sleep on this, and I believe that such an action (refusing a war for ooc reasons like "I want my settlement to act with impunity without risk of war") is definitely metagaming, which is already against the rules and can be punished by staff. So, I think that this behavior can be quashed.

man if I knew leaving my rules unmanned would lead to this I would've stayed on the moderation team

if i screw over people i should get whats coming to me lol, now i can endlessly bandit people and never have to face consequence because i just have to not consent to a war. good job staff you really did it. welcome to lord of the carebears.

4 minutes ago, Haseroth said:

if i screw over people i should get whats coming to me lol, now i can endlessly bandit people and never have to face consequence because i just have to not consent to a war. good job staff you really did it. welcome to lord of the carebears.

In what way does that not break metagaming rules? 

40 minutes ago, Haseroth said:

I don’t recommend doing that. Endlessly banditing those people will earn you a CB. As @Burnsider points out, where did this sudden passion come from to bandit these people?

1 minute ago, Telanir said:

I don’t recommend doing that. Endlessly banditing those people will earn you a CB. As @Burnsider points out, where did this sudden passion come from to bandit these people?

how do CBs mesh with the idea that wars are consensual. in the OP you also explicitly said that casus belli are gone 

1 hour ago, Burnsider said:

In what way does that not break metagaming rules? 

because it doesnt? if i irply hate a nation i can bandit the fk out of it and then once they come trying to war me i can just say i dont want to war? War cant start wthout ooc approval by both parties which means my irp actions would have no consequences because of this ooc rule

29 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

how do CBs mesh with the idea that wars are consensual. in the OP you also explicitly said that casus belli are gone 

Sorry for the confusion a CB in this case is a conflict blacklist.

31 minutes ago, Telanir said:

why did you delete my reply?

Just now, Telanir said:

Sorry for the confusion a CB in this case is a conflict blacklist.

so ur not allowed to bandit anyone period? Your rules have left an uncountable amount of grey area.