Shadow of the Empire II [RP]

Krefarus

Image result for flag of epirus rome total warT

THE KINGDOM OF

EPIRUS

Pyrrhus turned to the messenger, whom spoke. “Sire, our scouts report Parmenion has crossed the Pindus Mountains with his host. Rumour has it he has entered into a truce with the Egyptians. Prince Alexander has withdrawn to Dodona for a siege, he requests immediate support your grace.” The messenger informed the King. Pyrrhus waved him away, those damn Egyptians. What were they thinking??? Pyrrhus stepped out of his tent and looked over at the Adriatic sea, and beyond it’s waters was the boot of Italia. His Tarantine allies would have to wait, his own lands required defence. 

Immediately camp was broken, and his host readied to march to the defence of Dodona. His troops would march quickly hoping to arrive at the capital before Parmenions own army closed in.  Troops would be raised around the country to bolster Pyrrhus’s own host.

Port built in Ephyria (10,000)

500 Medium Cavalry raised (6,000) 

850 Gold stockpiled.

Trade offers sent to Egypt and Persia

Edited by UnusualBrit

vcKvHTZ.png

Kingdom of Byzantium

702 AD

Royal Family

King: Alexios Darius II age 47

Heir: Justinain Darius age 20

Prince Alexios age 14

Princess Maria age 17

Prince Justin age 42

Commanders

Marus Salvo (Supreme commander of the east) Age 31

Lukas Drakos (Supreme commander of the west) Age 36

Trade with:

Macedon, Epirus, Tarentum, Egypt, Avars, and Judea

Marcus inspects the new men from the capital, his army has doubled in size since last year. Fresh men and now with ranged unit he’ll be able to match the Ionians in the field if not outnumber them. The envoys from Ionia keep demanding gold have started to get more demanding. ‘Best not keep them waiting’ Marcus smiles, he gives the order and his army crosses the border into Ionia.
--

Back in the capital, Alexios has stopped bothering to give the Ionian envoys an audience. Soon they’ll learn of Marcus crossing the border. Never to be idle Alexios already started planning for after Ionia is taken. With Ionias resources, he’d be able to expand further into Anatolia. 

News has been flooding in from the west, Macedon seems to have gotten itself into war with Athens and Egypt. Nows its own vassal of Epirus has seemingly abandoned it. This could be troubling, and weakened Macedon could invite others to threaten Greece. Alexios orders new troops raised to defend the western border. It seemed as if Greeks all over were under attack, even in Italy Rome has attacked Tarentum. But with the Greek world under attack, this could invite opportunity to Alexios.

Actions

A town is built named Nicomedia in the eastern lands ((10k))
Two units of medium infantry are trained in the capital ((8k+2k T2+1K regular))

Gold is sent to the army in ionia for siege works ((1k for a ram))

Total ((22,000))

1,600 Gold left over

Clan  Ó Néill

TNslpqrQMIzm4wvBy5D2Jf_CMSp_51VUkCk6uiBR3BHuCEZsJROY4bJOzUWtw7PQ9cbmea4a4qWRTlGOy2_7I7Ng2uxyc3wLO2fKc3fr7Fz17oZwUkTpICsK9ORcwooZV5xBcPc-

Leader: Aodh Mór Ó Néill

Day by day the village of Baile Átha Cliath grew, recently being able to be considered a town, and having two markets built in it and soon a port is to be constructed there a year from now. All along the eastern coastline of Ériu Villages are beginning to grow. With funds a few could become Towns, with markets and ports that trade with each other, and the rest of the island but also with the rest of the British Isles and even Scandinavia.

Further inland, in county Tipperary the High King and his new general Conchubhar Daíthi Mac Cába march at the head of six thousand soldiers and two Ballista weapons. War looms.

HFeilWWDJyvatvzPXwH57ll6h7j0jwAKUdAnSM75B_lNYfQdxP1T3WtsAp0wBBVqWIHFnWdzrjLlBSWjTpu_YRq8Oiu4oBTSEuqxozhzDzJr2N1hMMynTn2YFxKwOGVC_3a6W9QH

(Aodh Mór Ó Néill)

Actions

• Village (10k Gold)

• Ballistae x2 (2k Gold)

-500 Archers, trained (4,500k gold)

- 1k Archers & 1k Medium Infantry upgraded to T2 tools (4,800k gold)

Senatus Populusque Romanus

WzUvFeyMehPGXdmyIiNPN48m8a12ZV9Y23FcElSYiYQlfEmjIwWS1cWX4kfTs28MKSilE-ysnwBJInzMRpVeCkjD_J61RKOnqM8xU1Gt9IAd9t7QerSf84OfmCF6SYFmGfonl2dx

Roma Invicta!

Faced against two nations, the Republic has reigned supreme over both. No Greek or Lombard had been capable of breaching the Legion of Rome - Sons of Mars indeed! Having caught the floundering northerners unprepared as they crossed the marshes of Tibur, the Praetorians decisively routed them, felling many, but despite this, the battle continued. 

Struck in the rear by enemy reinforcements, the Legion had been engaged by a new foe. The dogged Tarentians had shadowed them the entire way north, and now struck as the battle unfolded. Alas, their attempt was far too late, and most notably, weak. Determined to defend their homeland, the very same land this battle was fought upon, the Legionaries of the Republic turned themselves around and met the Greeks with even greater determination.

So brutal was the ensuing melee that the Tarentians could no longer partake, their will for battle fracturing. Only by the Grace of God were these Greeks granted to flee, for the battle sapped the strength of all soldiery present. 

However, there was no time to rest. Only a few days was granted, and the Legion was once again on the move, chasing the retreating Tarentians back to their hovels.

KDq5Semg55Xa1KEGWVqxJnsVLPJ830ZWDnRHa4sL7Ux0FE7ImPD5YYQ5vZNu7Hgmu_yzouW7bUYugDnN8uwkBLEaYuUjaD69UTDzh4UJfBH3IHC4l5uzEOrtJ5s41ula6105TSTt

Republican Actions of the Year 701

Republican Coffers: 26,150

A sigh of relief spread throughout the populace of Rome upon the heralds declaration of victory. Though the Republic won a victory, it was paid for at a high price, but casualties be damned. If the Greeks were granted respite, the consequences would be severe. Now it was time to finish what Rome had started - The Republic continues to press the advantage, the war long from finished. 

[500 Heavy Infantry, Legio II, Regular, utilizing T3 equipment from last turn | 9500/9500]

[500 Medium Infantry recruited, Regular T3  | 7000/7000]

[500 Heavy Infantry recruited, Regular, utilizing T3 equipment from last turn | 9000/9000]

Stockpiling 650

The 1st Legion:

300 Praetorian Guard, Regular T3

2100 Heavy Infantry, Regular T3

Next turn 500 Heavy Infantry, Regular T3

500 Legio II, Regular T3

Next turn 500 Legio II, Regular T3

500 Medium Infantry, Regular T3

Next turn 500 Medium Infantry, Regular T3

450 Skirmishers, Regular T3

200 Light Cavalry, Regular T3

Total: 5,550

B2Ylo8G.png

The Most Holy & Righteous Kingdom of Lèon

Brother-King Bartolome Cristobal Alonso de Lèon – 63 Years Old

Crown Prince Juan Cristobal Esteban de Lèon – 6 Years Old

Juan had skipped out on his theology class again. Uncle Bartolome would be quietly furious, Archbishop Tristan would give him a severe, a disappointed look on Sunday. He would probably be put to prayer all of saturday when Uncle caught him, but he didn’t care. Not now. He was free, running through the halls of the castle, with a chilly breeze filtering through the windows and a day of freedom ahead of him. Unless he was caught. He grimaced and ground to a halt near the Hallway of Lèon. Within it were the portraits of all of his ancestors, arrayed lovingly upon the walls and illuminated by the best beeswax candles that the Kingdom could afford.

They never burnt out, Uncle Bartolome made sure of that. ‘Our family will always be in the light of God. Let us reflect this within our world of suffering,’ his uncle would say when he brought Juan here ever Sunday after church. But today was not Sunday, and here he was nonetheless.

Uncle Bartolome had told him about his father and mother as soon as he could understand what he was saying. He had been short, abrupt and uncomfortable, but he had not spared him. Juan had never forgotten his words. His father, forced to watch as his mother was taken by Imperials, over and over until her throat was cut. Then, her father was given a sword, spat upon, beaten, and made to fight duel after duel against his own sworn knights. Bartolome had said that every fight, his men refused to lift a finger, even when their own families were threatened at swordpoint. So his father, Juan, had forced them to, one after the other, until he was killed.

Juan walked into the hall, the soft carpet allowing his feet to sink deep into it. Silence lay heavy within this hall, as if even the wind and the candles feared to disrupt the holy quietude of this cemetery. For the Lèon graveyard had been desecrated, torn up by the Imperials. This was all their family had left.

Stern men looked down at him from every side, their features tanned by the iberian sun, their beards thick. Then, he stood before his father, with his mother looking down from beside him. Sometimes, Juan dreamed that he was caught in her warm embrace, that she was murmuring soft, loving things to him as he giggled and hide in her dress. Then he would wake in a simple cot in a cold room and he would cry.

He lifted a single gold coin out of his pocket. He had found it on the floor near his room last year. Upon its back was the effigy of his father and every night, he prayed with it clasped within his hands. Uncle Bartolome would not have approved of such idolatry, but Juan thought that maybe it helped his father find him when he prayed. Like a beacon!

I’m sorry for not going to my class, father,” said Juan, sitting down in front of the portrait. The man looked down at him from beyond his long, aquiline nose. A thin moustache outlined firm lips and a neat beard hung onto his sharp jaw. Juan thought he looked disapproving. “I am!” he said, a tear popping into the corner of his eye. “But I don’t want to be like Uncle Bartolome. He prays all day, he eats plain food and he doesn’t want to fight!

Juan jumped up and pointed at his father. He was dressed in fine armor, with a sword at his side and his helm sitting on a table beside him. “I want to be like you! I want to fight, and drink wine! I want to be in battles, like the one Pollo talked about! Remember Pollo?

Then he relaxed once more, calmed down and sat down. He flipped his coin between his fingers slowly. “I know God is good. Uncle says that a lot. But what if I want to be a different King? I don’t want to be a King like Uncle. I want to be a King like you.” More tears. “I wish you were here! I don’t know how to be a King like you with you to tell me, father. If I pray very hard tonight will you tell me?

Voices filtered into the hall from a nearby corridor, disrupting the deep silence around him, and Juan jumped up, glancing around quickly. “I shouldn’t let them catch me. Maybe tonight. Goodbye father. I miss you mother.” He ran up to her painting and touched her outstretched hand for a moment, smiling up at her before turning around and running out of the hall at full tilt. He’d hold onto his freedom for a while longer, if he could.

Actions

Gold – 20150

-Another farmstead is established. Lèon needs food, and its people should praise God to have the opportunity to work this holy land! (Farmland) (5000G) (3 Total)

-Money is important. After all, even a soldiers loyalty and religious fervor won’t feed them or house their family. (Market) (7500G) (2 Total)

-A group of skirmishers is raised from a nobles levy, to participate in the inevitable wars to come. (3000 G) (Skirmishers, T1, Regular) 

-More light infantry. King Bartolome and Lord de la Sacra Rosa know very well that they are fighting a superior enemy. They will not have victory on the open battlefield, that much is certain. (3000G) (Light Infantry, T1, Regular)

Mod / Player Actions

-The Pope receives his yearly donation from the people of Lèon, along with more substantial gifts of oranges, lemons, and various other goods produced in Lèon. As per usual, Brother-King Bartolome, sends his best wishes and prayers. Archbishop Tristan de Silva brings the goods personally. He plans to pass through the Empire, counting on his importance and religious status for immunity. Upon arrival in Rome, he wishes to spend a year researching a treatise on the Immutable Moral Superiority of the Church and it’s essential position in the Governance of any state. He also plans on ingratiating himself with the Pope. After all, even the most holy men need a successor. (500 G) (1700 G donated to the Church.)

-Construction continues on El Monasterio de la Pasiòn de Cristo. More prisoners are sent to labor, as are many skilled artisans. The Fortress Monastery will not only be a great redoubt, protecting the Tomb of the Apostle James from heathens, it will also be beautiful, if simple in many places beyond the central prayer hall. Many of the most skilled artisans are commissioned to aid in the construction. This labor of God will be done one day, and in it, the best Holy Warriors that Europe has ever seen will be forged from scum. (1000 G) (3000 G invested)

-A war council is requested between Andalusia and Lèon, to be held in a safe middle ground. The Iberian Empire is once more invited to the table, so that they may throw off the yoke of the Empire together. The Holy & Righteous Kingdom of Lèon asks for no long-term commitment on their part.

-An envoy is sent by merchant ship to the Danes.

The Despotate of Tarentum

v8EUgKA.png

Alexandros and his advisers were gathered, as usual, in the war room of Taras. With a map splayed across the table, the ruler and his council pondered their next move. Word had reached them just the day before of the stalemate with the Romans. Greek and Roman dead alike littered the countryside as the war raged on further, and Alexandros hastily, yet wearily, prepared his next move.

“Replenish our numbers and our supplies. This will be a long, bloody one.”

Those words were all that Alexandros had to offer on this day. He looked over his council, men he had entrusted with his life, and with the lives of his people and his country. The man solemnly considered all that had gone on in the past few years for but a moment, before soon returning to the works of preparing for the brutal battles to come.

Actions

One thousand five hundred men are drawn from the countryside to serve in the growing Tarantine host.

[1 Unit of Medium Infantry T2 Regular (6,000), 1 Unit of Light Infantry T2 Regular (4,000), 1 Unit of Medium Cavalry T2 Regular (8,000)]

Two new ships are ordered by the growing Tarantine navy, to be constructed post haste and immediately drafted into service.

[2 Galleys (4,000)]

Total: 22,000

Setting aside: 1,300

Image result for ss peter and paul

’My sheep hear my voice: and I know them, and they follow me. And I give them life everlasting; and they shall not perish for ever, and no man shall pluck them out of my hand.’ (John 10:28)

ADVERSUS IUDAEOS

A Call for the Liberation of Palestine from the Jews

TO all the Christian Faithful, Apostolic Greetings. It is our duty to inform the Jews, that Jesus, who is the Christ, hath risen from the grave, and, having conquered death, and living and reigning with the Father in the Unity of the Holy Ghost, lives, conquers and reigns over the entire Universe, for it is written: the Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. (Psalm 23:1.) All things being His, the Pope, having, as the successor of Saint Peter, the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 16:17-19), does assert a primacy over the entire world, even those assassins of Christ who now inhabit the Synagogues. 

In order to promote this truth, we have demanded, through an ambassador of the Patriarch of Antioch, permission to send missions to that land that is called Judea. But the Jews hath been the enemy of the Faith from the beginning, persecuting Her at every turn, and by that merit rendering themselves enemies to the whole of Mankind. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16) 

With this divinely breathed truth in mind, we react with nothing but scorn, defiance, slight regard and contempt for the Jewish ban on Christian missionaries. As the King of Judea is barring Christian missionaries from his land, we recognise he is preventing our making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19), and is causing the most grievous harm. Therefore do we call on ALL Christian princes and men to liberate the Holy Land from his grasp, and bring it into the fold of Christendom. For, as our Blessed Lord send unto the Jews: ‘you do not believe, for you are not of my sheep.’ (John 10:26.) It is our duty, therefore, to liberate this land for the good of Christendom.

May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

ADDITIONAL ACTIONS

-We have heard fame of a noble, stubborn race in the far north, across the Euxine Sea. Knowing that they bear some resemblance to the Hellenic race, we do dispatch and entreat the Patriarch of Thessalonica to send missionaries to them. To the Khan of Crimea we bring these Apostolic Greetings, sending the famed Greek missionaries of Thessalonica to them: John, Athanasius, Ignatius and Cyril. These most reliable men will be communicate with you, and we appoint among them John as Bishop of Crimea.

-Our friend the good Archbishop of Leon has been received splendidly; the King of Leon continues to be our friend. 

ACTIONS

-Calling Crusade vs Judea.

-Sending missionaries to Crimea.

-Archbishop of Leon is received kindly, and send back with gifts to Leon. He gets on well with the Pope, who increasingly trusts him. 

Edited by thesmellypocket

O263nBkQ2y8uPCeVc9ta68fRz_SBHXn9znLOQWJYIxSlUX2remYEla-ZgnHWCeCR9j7O2dL3Zb15HuHr43oSQeTKopFh3G75PyCyr119LKOyJrv2_AzQ7ryK8BBf8vXbc-ukqy6Q

AVAR KHAGANATE

RULER: IRRIK, KAGAN OF THE AVAR PEOPLES

TRADE PARTNERS: Byzantium, Scirii, Vandals, Crimeans

STANDING ALLIANCES: N/A

yBzUcs2oZa3YZbT6nQEeZrNGjTa5WdivFxjeUco7KRt8zuo2VR9-sFAVRU6I_VjlvBr-RZadQN4AqtXAwiCokH2IyFkrNi6C5MGG0SKG1MlzMidxRrR3SaxJkeRaYsw7hMf5hbWD

Victorious Avar warriors returning with spoils from the summer raids

Eastern Europe in past decades had hardly been a hotbed of major wars in insurrection. The Franks appeared to be losing their grip over much of their holdings. It is within this vacuum that the Avar peoples entered Europe, settling in the Pannonian basin. Led by their Khagans, the Avars have made well for themselves, establishing various settlements and farming communities.

However, they were not destined for sedentary life. The Venetians would be the first to bear the brunt of an Avar raid. Descending upon the Adriatic Coast were hundreds of steppe horsemen, the likes of which haven’t been seen since the days of Attila. With bow and spear in hand, the Avars laid waste to the outlying settlements, brutally cutting down all that stood in opposition. An unstoppable tide of thundering hooves and a withering barrage of arrow after arrow. Endless as their volleys were, so were their riders and mounts. A true horde.

Among their targets were fringe monasteries and chapels. Cutting down many a monk or deacon, they wondered what had they done to deserve such a fate. Brutalized, mutilated and desecrated. Some thought that the Avars were the punishment for mankind’s sins. One surviving monk came to regard them as the Scourge of God. Perhaps, rightfully so. The punishment they had inflicted was severe. The Avars made off with golden idols, statues, jewelry, and whatever they could carry with them, and leaving behind a wake of burning hovels and a trail of corpses.

No doubt would the raids carry on again. However, they would alter their route… in search of more opportunity.

FINANCES & ACTIONS

Treasury: 4 grain

Income: 16,400+5,000 from raids

Total Available Funds: 21,400

14,000g Upgrading all Medium Horsemen to T3 Equipment

4,000 Upgrading all Light Horsemen to T3 Equipment

2,000 Upgrading Unit of Qhagan Guards to Veteran

1,400 to treasury

0 Launching raid against Epirus

KINGDOM OF JUDEA

Image result for israeli monarchy flag

“Oy vey”

TOTAL GOLD

10K(BASE)+6K(CITIES)+2K(TRADE ROUTES)+3k(villages)+7k(Markets)+4k(TRADE)+1.4k(PORTBONUS)-600(UPKEEP)=34K

-4 UNITS OF T2 MEDIUM INFANTRY(20K)

-2 UNITS OF T2 MEDIUM CAVALRY(14K)

World Events

Across the Catholic world, a single message resonates. The Holy Land must be liberated. Nobility and peasantry alike from across Iberia, North Africa, The Empire, Britain, and beyond heed the Pope’s call. Personal armies and levies assemble, ships are built. Rumors spread that the Emperor himself will join in the crusade. a righteous crusade to reclaim the Holy Land is on the horizon.

In the Iberian Empire, a great battle is fought between the invading Imperials and the Iberians. It rages throughout the entirety of the day. When the horrible fighting, bleeding, and dying finally ends, both armies have been completely obliterated. The Iberians win the field, but they are forced to fall back deeper into the country.

Upon hearing of the call to liberate the Holy Lands. Orodes III is said to have completely abandoned his continuation of the Anatolian campaign. His army has returned south to Ctesiphon, messengers have left the capital in droves.

The Andaluasian theatre is quiet this year. Few Imperial raids have pierced the every watchful Iberians. It is said the lack of Imperial supplies, reinforcements, and attention has begun to take its toll on the isolated province. Despite this, the governor stays ever stalwart in his loyalty and determination to crush the rebels.

The Kingdom of Mercia

More men flock to the Mercian Banners. The nation itself flourishes as more towns, villages, and markets spring up across the countryside. Indeed, Tamsworth is growing to be a local hub for trade and commerce within the British Isles.

Many of the lords and peasants alike approve of the King’s sizeable donation to the church. Letters recognizing this action and offering approval come from many Imperial & Anglo regions alike

Kingdom of Epirus

Once more the Macedonians marched on Dodona. This time, the Epirote armies stood ready to defend their homeland. Supplies are gathered from across the Kingdom to prepare for sieges, and local lords and commanders are briefed. The Epirotes would once more fight for the survival of their nation

Kingdom of Byzantium

A great victory won over the Ionians, though many frown upon the Byzantines for so easily going back on their promises. No news from the Ionian King, only that the capital has been prepared for a siege, and as many men as the treasury allowed for were raised.

Clan O’Neil

Siege has been laid to the capital of clan Thomond, and though no major actions have been made on behalf of either side, they show no signs of surrendering any time soon. In better or worse news, the second Thomond contingent had been discovered marching to relieve the capital. It seems the decisive confrontation the King had desired would soon be upon him.

S.P.Q.R

A great victory had been won, but at what cost? Many littered the field of battle on both sides. Nonetheless, the Legions of Rome now lay siege to the capital of Tarentum. The war would either continue, or be won there.

The Most Holy & Righteous Kingdom of Leon

The construction of El Monasterio de la Pasión de Cristo continues. Progress is a mere crawl. But, slowly and surely construction continues, and every day the Fortress Monastery takes more and more shape.

This year, both parties accept the offer to hold a war council. However, The Iberians demand it be held within their capital at Madrid.

Despotate of Tarentum

Late in the year, the capital is laid siege to by the Roman invaders. Though not all hope is lost. The army is still full of fighting spirit, and still intact. Alexandros’ advisors say at least 2 years worth of provisions have been gathered in the city. For now the port is not blocked by the Romans, so more could be funneled in. Perhaps they should seek aid from across the sea?

His Holiness

Missionaries arrive in the lands of Crimea by early summer. Their work is not exactly hindered by the Khagnate, but they aren't well received either. The people who inhabit these lands practice a strange and seemingly backwards religion, though some are converted nonetheless. There is still much work to be done!

DEUS VULT! (see world events)

THE SCOURGE OF GOD

The riders depart south for the lands of Epirus. However, they experience a series of delays and only enter Macedon by late in the year. No pillaging this year. Despite this, they have stumbled into what could turn into a very lucrative ordeal. (discord)

The Kingdom of Judea

An envoy arrives, from Persia... (Discord)

Edited by Krefarus

K O N U N G D Ó M R   T A N M A R K A R

kingdom_of_denmark____coa_grunge_flag__c

[LAST TURN]

S U M M A R Y

2 Units T3 Regular Vikingar [16,000 Gold]
4 Ballistae [4,000 Gold]

1 Battering Ram [1,000 Gold]

Farmland in Oðinnsvé [5,000 Gold]

575 Gold Remaining

Kingdom of Denmark Statistics

Clan  Ó Néill

TNslpqrQMIzm4wvBy5D2Jf_CMSp_51VUkCk6uiBR3BHuCEZsJROY4bJOzUWtw7PQ9cbmea4a4qWRTlGOy2_7I7Ng2uxyc3wLO2fKc3fr7Fz17oZwUkTpICsK9ORcwooZV5xBcPc-

Leader: Aodh Mór Ó Néill

The day Aodh had been raised for his entire life, his entire purpose in life had come before him. He had the tools to finish his siege, but now an entire other enemy force was coming down upon his. Luckily he had time to react and prepare a plan. He had to win. If it came down to it every last man would fight to the death, including himself.

Meanwhile at his camp on the border 3k men were being trained and equipped with weapons. They would either be sent to replenish the forces if Aodh won, or they would be the last line of defense if he loses.

Actions

• 1k Hobelars and training (11k)

• 1k medium infantry and training (5k)

• 1k light infantry and training (5k)

Edited by Otto Hohenzollern

Image result for flag of epirus rome total warT

THE KINGDOM OF

EPIRUS

Pyrrhus stood before his assembled generals at a war council, his army encamped awaiting the arrival of Parmenions army. Plans were drawn up and messages were sent to Alexander from within the capital requesting new troops be drawn up, meanwhile the thundering of hooves into the camp signalled the arrival of a small host of Epirote cavalry bolstering Pyrrhus’s army. This was his land, his Kingdom, his people that depended on him to defend them from a Macedonian warlord. And he would make his stand,  and die trying if needed to drive out the Macedonian invaders. 

1,000 Medium Infantry raised, T3 Armour, Regular quality. (14,000/14,000)

5 Transports built (1,000)

2 galleys constructed (4,000)

500 Skirmishers raised (2,000)

400 gold stockpiled (400)

Edited by UnusualBrit

The Holy & Righteous Kingdom of Lèon

Juan Cristobal Esteben de Lèon - 7 Years Old

Inigo de Mendosa - 39 Years Old

Bartolome Cristobal Alonso de Lèon - 62 Yeas Old

Archbishop Tristan de Silva - 57 Years Old

Ser Inigo de Mendosa cut a menacing figure in any crowd. His aura increased tenfold when he stood alone, with dusk gathering about him like a dark cloak. Juan had heard that he was only thirty, but had already been in twenty battles.  That he had killed hundreds of men with his mace and ordered the death of one thousand imperial prisoners in the Lèonese monutains during the first rebellion. 

He hurried along around the empty courtyard, clutching his lightweight iron sword in his hands. Bartolome had given them a small courtyard near the heart of the fortress and had the gardens stamped out to create a training field. Uncle Bartolome always took the smallest opportunity to wipe out beauty and replace it with what was barren and simple. ‘Just like the truth,’ he would say, before giving Juan one of his thin smiles.

As he approached, Inigo turned around. “Good, you are here,” he said, his voice grating like two stones ground together.

Juan stopped and stared for a moment. He knew thirty was very old, but this man looked as if he had taken a greataxe to the face! His hair was greying already, pulled into a tight ponytail over sharp features, with a mouth made from a rod of iron and a single eye. For his haircut did little to hide the angry red scar that gashed its way across one side of his face, leaving him with one cloudy white eye. He frowned as Juan stared.

“You had better accustom yourself to wounds, boy. None of your greatest Lords will be lacking of them before this war is over.”

“Yes, Sir Inigo,” said Juan, bowing his head slighlty. He almst felt foolish, bowing to a lord, but Inigo’s presence almost made him submit as naturally as a sheep might to a wolf.

“Look at me when I speak to you. You will see the scar, and you will learn to ignore it. Just as you will learn to ignore blood, guts and brains. Understood?” snapped Inigo, stepping closer and bending down a fraction.

Juan looked back up at him as a thrill of excitement ran down his back. Uncle Bartolome had been so against this until de la Sacra Rosa has a word with him. Now he was here, with a real warrior, and it was the real thing. 

“Now, your Uncle, our King, would see you read the bible all day until you are twelve.” Inigo made a small disdaining sound and spat on the ground. 

The dark gob of spittle landed on the dirt and Juan stared at it for a few moments before snapping out of it with a start and looking back up at Inigo once more. This was not a man like many of the nights that surrounded his Uncle. Even de la Sacra Rosa, in all his gruff behavior and sharp tones did not spit so openly before royalty.

“Y-you do not like the Bible, Ser Inigo?”

ilya-baydakov-sparring1.jpg?1563436089

He moved easily, as if he had done the gesture a thousand times before and before he knew it, Juan was reeling to the side as his head exploded in a peal of pain. A cry escaped his lips as he stared at the mans hand in disbelief. He had cuffed him! No one had ever cuffed him! But as he stood up straight with all the outrage that a seven year old could muster, Inigo drew his sword and gave him a cold, flat look with his last remaining eye. He only wore simple leathers today, but Juan could almost see him in full armor. Surely, the Imperials must have quaked in their boots when they saw him!

“You are not a Crown Prince in this courtyard, boy. Here, you are a recruit too weak to lift a real sword. By the time you are ten, you will wield one or you will be cut apart by my steel.”

The sun was setting over them, lancing the courtyard with streaks of gold. They hit the dirt and illuminated it like pools of liquid fire. One of them shone on Inigo’s blade, a fully fledged sword, like the ones Juan saw at so many a nobles side. He grinned, an expression fueled by exhiliration and fear. Was this what it meant to be a man?

But by the time that first day of training was done, Juan was still but a boy, lying in his bed and crying over more than dozen huge welts covering his body. Inigo had not been kind, nor would he ever be, suspected Juan.

Actions

As the main zone of economic prosperity in Lèon, Ribadelessa receives another marketplace, built specifically to accommodate the growing trade from the north. (7500G) (3 Markets)

De la Sacra Rosa saw the need for better men for the ambushes. However, they had to be sturdier, but not too heavily equipped that they couldn’t operate in the rugged terrain. (Medium Infantry, T3, Veteran) (7000G)

More raiders. (Light Infantry, T1, Regular) (3000G)

Player / Mod Actions

Tristàn de Silva, Archbishop of Lèon sends a letter to the Pope, requesting a Papal Decree that would allow Lèonese crusaders to march through the Empire safely. Along with it, he sends the annual Lèonese donation to the Pope. (1000G) (2700G donated to the Church)

Renamed to Monasterio de San Santiago el Mártir during its construction, the monastery fortress continues to grow, brick by brick, paid in the blood and sweat of criminals. (2450G) (5450G invested)

-The War Council is finally convened in Madrid, at the demand of the Iberian Empire. The diplomat sent by Lèon, Eduardo de Sante Mara alludes to Lèon’s willingness to agree to this condition out of caring for the greater good. They wish to discuss a strategy. A simple one, really. (Discord plez)

-500 Heavy Infantry and 1000 Medium Infantry are dedicated to the crusade. They are led by nobles and it is said that Archbishop Tristan de Silva has blessed the crusaders, and sent a reserved, but zealous priest to act as their religious leader. A certain Demago de Ribadelessa. The amount is a serious blow to the Lèonese military effort, but there can be no exceptions when the word of God is on the line.