[Event] Scribblings of a Mad Elf

dard

Upon a tree in the forests skirting Haelun’or, a strange note is tacked by nail to a tree:

Within the deepwoods of forest some begotten — in a stone where place and root and time tremble with anticipation…

[The document has several scores crossing out the next three phrases, each one showing words mismatched and phrases misordered backwards]

Where the ancient ones come to play, the children shall not stay.

Where the ancient ones learn to live, the children die.

Cast the cliffs over the children, now cast them!  Leave woods in [illegible] children, we need more more no.

[The ramblings continue downward until it devolves into complete, childish scribblings and pictures]

Oh my Lady, we love you and Malin the Father, dad, dad, both at once.

--  OOC --

Rules/Guidelines:

Everything is conducted in roleplay with the purpose of creating a story.  Restricting LOOC to a bare minimum would be appreciated so that I and potentially other ET who may assist me can properly catch emotes.  Minor banter is fine and will happen naturally in these situations, just be aware of how much OOC is going on so that it doesn’t drown out emotes. 

It shouldn’t have to be said, but please conduct serious roleplay.  Repeatedly using trolly emotes will be warned to stop, and if becomes an issue there will be forced removal.

If you reference items like swords or torches you must be MCly prepared with item representations.  Come prepared.

All acts of third party villainy are defaulted to roleplay in the event area and internal conflict can be quite noisy… 

The tall and tried Sohaer sat in his orderly, dim lit office. He spun a small arcane disc on his finger, a method he had come to use to cope with the weight of the duties. The torches and candles flickered, as if in fear, when the silence of the room was interrupted by his quiet mumbling. He tapped his quill idly on the paper before him, trying to make sense of what he had read.

“Ancient elves.. What darkness is coming for us next, we children of Malin and Silver?”