Sign in to follow this  
ElizabethAmara

Letter of Resignation

Posted (edited)

Letter of Resignation

Of the former Rassidun tribes of Ves

From their offices and seats of power.

It has been an honor to serve your city through its many vacant seats of bureaucracy, under the auspices of a just and fair prince, and it is with a heavy heart that I but thank you for this opportunity before hereafter swiftly resigning.

I regret to say that the bureaucracy and civil state of the nation renders it untenable for the common man, and thus hereafter resign with immediate effect, if only to find greater comfort in a place with far less strife. I respect that many men may remain in Ves out of good faith, and the city may hold many virtues that should bring great appeal to many others who would dare grace its offices with their skills, passion and drive to act as cogs in its political machine; but for this, we objectively no longer have a place where we can continue to hold this spirit of public duty.

Our former colleagues must now ask whether they still hold this passion for Ves, or whether they simply wish to watch as the absentee-government continues to drag the good Prince’s Ves down this path of failure, humiliation, and later, impoverishment under the Prince’s regent.

The people of our government are an insult to Prince Eidr, our kin, and a disservice to the place we now refuse to call home. 

Signed by The Rassidi tribe and House Haraqqa,

Alaria Al-Kassis
Suhailah Al-Kassis
Zahret Al-Qataffi
Naasir El-Amini

Erinia Sato
Dresden Webber
Hando Crane

Edited by Emmalinea

Posted (edited)

”They ought to have written their insults more plainly, this resignation is neither cordial or succinct – I had hoped to read something more poignant from the wordsmiths that had founded the local writers guild. Such is life, the passive aggression though befits neither the reader or writer.” Setting aside the notice, an old Bracchus man would rock himself in his chair, huffing away on a pipe before lulling himself into an afternoon nap!

Edited by Publius

Posted (edited)

“A shame, truly. When handed the reigns of power, these individuals saw Ves crumble into obscurity and inactivity. Travelers did not come, the military was non-existent. Now, when Ves has life breathed into it via the workings of the fair Regent, they flee. To me, it seems as if these individuals lavished in their titles only as long as they could get away with not using them. When the cogs once more turned, they refused to perform their civic duty and instead flee to a haven of actual heresy. Luckily, their absences have been felt for some time prior to them leaving – thus, this letter only serves as a public cry of virtue and the seeking of attention in hopes of deterring the progress and stability afforded by the Prince Regent. Glory to Ves, may they never return so that their lack of work ethic may never bring us down again.” Explains Procurator Protector Viktor Orban to his men!

Edited by Johnny_Fat

22 minutes ago, Johnny_Fat said:

“A shame, truly. When handed the reigns of power, these individuals saw Ves crumble into obscurity and inactivity. Travelers did not come, the military was non-existent. Now, when Ves has life breathed into it via the workings of the fair Regent, they flee. To me, it seems as if these individuals lavished in their titles only as long as they could get away with not using them. When the cogs once more turned, they refused to perform their civic duty and instead flee to a haven of actual heresy. Luckily, their absences have been felt for some time prior to them leaving – thus, this letter only serves as a public cry of virtue and the seeking of attention in hopes of deterring the progress and stability afforded by the Prince Regent. Glory to Ves, may they never return so that their lack of work ethic may never bring us down again.” Explains Procurator Protector Viktor Orban to his men!

Local whoremonger Joey Nicéphore clapped his hands in fervent agreement!

Caliph Abbas Kharadeen, reads the missive, a sadden sigh escapes him. “Inshallah these farfolks return to their fellow brothers, Where we can be united, and respected....Inshallah Allah does help Ves, I am unaware of what is the situation, but I hope things become better for them and their people.” Abbas would then send a letter to the Rassidi tribe, in hopes of establishing contact with his farfolk brothers and sisters.

Saee Jaco Abn-Nafis Yar feels embarrassed being part of the Farfolk community in Ves all of a sudden after reading Alaria’s letter.

“So you all just left the Prince hanging? Bad rafiqis. I shall replace you and serve him well.”

1 hour ago, Emmalinea said:

Dresden Webber
Hando Crane

From the far off lands of the Reach, a rotund and jolly fellow named Mace Tyrell wonders where his vassals ran off to!