A Death of a Knight: Ser Ulric Vyronov

giambro

It was a brutal night for the young Knight. As he went through some brain damage and head trauma through previous events, this has taken the cake. Ser Ulric was accompanied by his brother, Lord Lerald Vyronov, Joren, Sigmar and Otto Kortrevich in the square of Haense. Sigmar Baruch came up to Lerald and Ser Ulric about having a meeting in Graiswald. Ser Ulric was just talking to himself and said some really psychotic sayings that made the core group feel uncomfortable, wary at that moment. Ser Ulric said he wanted to kill anyone that stood in his way from his wife and his children, blantantly just stood there saying these things. The War has gotten to him, the brain trauma that he has endured and the deaths of Prince Godfric and Prince Georg has finally gotten the best of him. The core group was worried about Ser Ulric but they decided to make their way up the Mountains toward Count Graiswald, Ser Ulric’s and Lerald’s home.

When they reached the keep of Graiswald, the group courted in the dining hall of Graiswald and Sigmar started to conversate with the group about something personal between them. Ser Ulric, with a wary look, unsheathed his sword and said something was moving inside the keep. The others didn’t hear a peep but proceeded anyway, following the young Knight behind him. The Young Knight called out, “I believe we are being spied on!” as he opened the door but nothing was there. Lerald Vyronov crossed his arms against his chest and shook his head. The Lord Vyronov, with a saddened look said with a calm voice, “Brother, there is nothing there. Please give me your sword. I don’t want anyhing to happen to you.” The Young Knight ignored his request and said, “I will kill them all! I know they are here! I will kill the Reivers if that is the last thing I do” with a wolfish, devious smile on his face. He ran past the group and went into the dining hall with a shocked, worried face. The group followed him very hesitantly. The Young Knight told the group, “I will protect you all. I will watch and guard the outter door with my life.” Ulric started talking to himself again as he reached the front step of the keep, talking none sense. The group continued to follow him and that is when Joren, Lerald and Otto started to feel that they had to take Ulric’s weapon away...

Ser Ulric was furious at them! He swung at Lerald’s arm with his sword and at that, he sliced Lerald’s arm. Lerald pulled his hand away, holding his injured hand with his free hand. Otto Kortrevich quickly grabbed the sword away from him. Joren was trying to grabbed Ulric’s arm, but it was too late.. Ulric grabbed his Vyronov symbol’d dagger and attacked Joren, slicing his hand up. With the most devilish, evil face expression, Ser Ulric said to them, “I will KILL YOU ALL REIVERS! I WILL KILL YOU UNTIL YOU ARE NO MORE!” Ser Ulric has gone insane! Everyone knew he has changed! The group gasped in fear as the three jumped onto him to make sure he has done no more harm. Lerald handcuffed his own brother, feeling unsafe being around his own brother. Ulric was clearly not acting like himself. Erik Kortrevich showed up to the show that was being displayed and as soon as they had Ulric under control, Erik elbowed Ulric to the face and knocked him to the ground; Ulric’s head would forcely make contact with the stoned stair case, causing a lot of bleeding, flesh and even the skull to cranium would be present...

Ulric already had a injured leg, which was re-injured from the impact of the fall. The group couldn’t believe what Erik has done! Joren quickly birded Celest, a medic from Cascadia. The entire group were in fear, saddened and most importantly worried about their and brother, Ser Ulric Vyronov. As the medic, Celest, has arrived, she met the man before. She previously helped treat Ser Ulric’s wounds. Lerald and Joren quickly jousted Ser Ulric to the barracks of Graiswald. As soon as they put Ulric on the comfortable, feathered bed, Celest was quick at work. Celest placed tippen root, draped a wet cloth on Ulric’s head and worked on the head of Ulric. Erik, Lerald, Joren, Otto, Sigmar and others were there to accompany Celest, to spectate what was about to transpire. When Celest started working on the leg, Ser Ulric was coughing up blood and fell off the bed on the other side. At that moment, Ser Ulric was gasping for air and couldn’t breathe as he held his right hand over his heart and said “Where is my wife and chi-.” The young Knight was severely coughing up red blood all over his being and on the floor next to him. When that happened, Ser Ulric’s eyes dialated and his eyes were widened. His eyes stayed opened as all the air has left the Young Knight’s body. Lord Otto Kortrevich rushed over to do air compressions and breathed into his nephew-in-laws mouth, attempting to place air back into his lungs. However, there was no response and the Young Knight was presumed dead on sight. Lord Lerald Vyronov rushed over to his brothers side, he kneeled down and cried wet tears onto his brother’s Marian Retinue uniform. The whole room was devastated and were in total silence..

I just wanted to thank you all and to whoever played a factor in Ulric’s IRP life. This was indeed my favorite player I have ever played but War/ PTSD and a lot of brain damage  will do this to some people in real life. Ulric should have died a lot of times but I felt this was the right moment to do so. I will be playing my son. Thank you for reading.

In a dim, candlelit room, the knight's hands would tremble upon hearing the grim, grim news. His breath getting messier with each letter he read, with his face taking a woeful look while his body slumped down into the chair. The war claimed nearly all people in walks of his life. Through gritted teeth he would bang a fist on the table, to express his frustration, but even actions were not able to speak louder than words. Tears freely flowing down from his cheek as a result of learning his death, Wilheim slumps down into a corner, silently fighting a lost battle with his tears. He had known Ulric since he was a boy, attended his knighting ceremony. Ulric was a star, being knighted at such a young age. He was cheerful, funny and brave. A happy and a remarkable individual who cared for people from every walks of life. He remembered how Ulric saved Marcella. He remembered the good days the trio had, along with Konrad. He would go over to light one candle in his good friend's memory, in the darkest corner of his room, with reddened eyes. 

Edited by Noves

When the news had reached Lotte she had been cooking after just sending letters to her daughter about her husbands health and how to help cure his PTSD. She knew the affects of war all to well. What it could do to soldiers and medics alike. As she scanned over the letter the cup in her hand clattered to the ground. Watery tears streamed uncontrollably down her face “Oh Ulric no.”  flashes of the young man that had been in her life for so long, how when she first met him she was curious,wary. How the young lad grew on her, a charming caring person who wished for happiness and to be a knight. How he grew up, his marriage and his beautiful, beautiful kids.  Her heart breaking in pieces. Setting down the letter, and moving to an old portrait. Gathering the honeysuckle ,lavender and a pale rose she would light a candle for his soul. “Ulric may you  finally be able to Rest In Peace.” The world growing gloomy around the candles’ Dim lighting. 

Ser Bjolfr Stared at the motionless body of his young friend. “ I should have done something.....he suffered from the same condition. If only I knew..” his eyes begun to swell up “ my dear child...I COULD HAVE HELPED!!!!!!!!” He’d fall onto his knees sobbing at Urlic’s bedside. “I shall watch over your family, Our Primrose is strong she will endure but her heart will always be yours” takeing the knights cold hand into his “ I shall mentor your sons just as I mentored you....I swear” letting go Ser Bjolfr Leaned down to place a kiss onto of his head” Rest Now my Son, I shall see you in the seven skies” With that He’d step back placing his first to his heart as one final salute before exiting the room to comfort Primrose 

As Otto saw the last essence of Ulric’s being fade, he brought his chest compressions to a soft end. He stayed at the young man, the one he watched grow and marry his sweet niece, he gazed at his face and its wide eyes. With a quick motion, the Kortrevich used a pair of fingers and put the Knights eyes to a final rest, leaving his face red with the blood on Otto’s hands. He stood up from his crouched position, darting his vision around the room until he could find the brother of the fallen. Locking onto Lord Lerald, he stared blankly, only allowing a single word to break the silence, “How...”.

After a quick moment, allowing the brother to gaze upon the body, Otto spoke once again, this time motioning the cross while he did so, “Iv Joveo Maan, may Ser Ulric Vyranov, first of his name, friend to many, father to few, Knight Protector of the Keong Andrik and his Realm, be rested peacefully for his duties are now released”. At that Otto left the cellar where they had all been, through the gates and out of Graiswald towards Reza.

Primrose Kortrevich-Vyronov sits in the room she had shared with her husband for a brief time, crying softly. A single candle burns from across the room as both her sons sit on the rug. The children are quiet, sensing their mother’s unhappiness; watching her with wide, innocent eyes. She looks to them with her own eyes tear-filled. “I’ll raise you both as strong as your Papa was, I swear it.” she promises, scooting off the bed to kneel beside them. “You’re his legacy.”

Edited by Miko0322

“No... I don’t believe it! This has to be some sort of sick joke! It can’t be!”

Ser Konrad Stafyr could hardly bear the pain that tore at his heart as news of his friend’s recent passing reaches him at the Lord Speaker’s office in Reza. News had spread rather quickly throughout the city, and a random bystander had made his way into Town Hall in order to deliver this message to the Almannir knight.

“I-It can’t be, it just can’t! He was so strong and young! He had survived SO MUCH! All those battles, all those years of warfare... To die like that?!“ He ranted aloud, clearly still in shock. Clutching his temples, he would murmur only two words to the messenger.

“...Get out.”

As he’s left alone and the door closes behind the man, Konrad would take a moment to remember everything that Ser Ulric had done for him. Everything, from the day that they first met to the last time that he had seen his knightly mentor.

He remembered the day that Prince Georg had introduced the two of them, Ulric at the age of fourteen and Konrad at the age of sixteen. They had dinner together, the three of them, in the Alimar Manor. Later, he would continue to see Ulric at sittings of the Royal Duma, which he often interrupted as a teenager. His brother would often quarrel with him during the sessions, telling the lad with boundless energy to get a grip on himself and control his actions.

Oh Ulric. He had always been an impulsive lad. They were very different in terms of personality, the two of them, but that had not stopped Ulric from taking a chance on Konrad in allowing him to become his squire. Having been trained as a lawyer and not a soldier for the first several years of his adolescence, few other men in the Marian Retinue would have been willing to take him under his wing.

But he had been taken under Ser Ulric’s wing. He had been given a chance. And that chance had allowed him to not only become a Knight of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, but had also set him on the path to eventually become the Steward of Nenzing and the Lord Speaker of that very same kingdom. Without Ulric, he would not be the man that he was today, and Konrad was very aware of this reality. As knights who had fought alongside each other during the most terrible battles in the War of the Two Emperors, they had become more than comrades in arms.

They had become brothers.

It was simply too much to bear. Georg was gone. Leana was gone. Ulric was gone. And to make matters worse, Kamilla was still away in the south. Although typically an optimistic, Konrad could find no optimism to be found this day. Only pain, grief, and sadness. And so, retrieving a bottle of scotch which he had concealed in the drawer of his desk, he would open it. No cup would be needed for it tonight, for he intended to drink straight from the vat of hard liquor in order to ease the pain.

And after taking initial swig of the booze, he would find himself doing something that he had refused to let anyone see him do. Not since Prince Georg’s execution had he done what he was about to do. It was a sign of weakness, and it was only something that he would do in private, behind closed doors...

...He buried his head in his arms, and he cried.

Ser Henrik Ludovar hears upon the news as he’d bow his head.

“Sleep well dear cousin.. sleep well..”

The seven-year-old, Robert Vyronov screamed within the Vyronov halls upon the news as tears came down his face hearing the news of his uncles death.

Edited by Legoboy7984