The return of your favorite merchant/guard/miner etc!

Wocket

5 years ago I left the server. Before I get into why, in all that time I’ve continued to RP; tabletop, play by post, forums. I’ve been on/off with Minecraft over the years but have been avoiding playing online. I’m considering returning now that my life has calmed down a bit and I feel like I have the free time at the proper hours to enjoy this once again.

My biggest character during my two years playing on this server was Wocket a free spirit orphaned by war and survived a childhood in the wild. She met a baron who was building a city and secured wealth by mining for him before becoming that town’s primary merchant. She ran a trade store that dealt in all goods from dirt to diamonds, even successfully selling a couple chests full of dirt! She often conspired to help the downtrodden playing risky political games to make sure the poor could see a better life. Eventually the town fell to chaos as infighting amongst the guards created a rift. Being a trusted member of the city and the sole defender of her store she took charge and become a guard herself, very quickly closing the rift and seizing the position of captain herself. As she got older and dropped her guard job she tried to start a small farm but felt her position in the world fade. She lost the will to move forward and fell to sickness.

Anyways~ I’m posting here to see if things have changed before I actually log in, and it’s a specific thing, I know a lot has changed overall. The reason I left 5 years ago was because after a map change that occurred back then the RP seemed to shift heavily towards violence. More war, more torture, more fighting in the streets. I couldn’t be a merchant or miner anymore because I kept getting pulled in violent RP, the violence itself didn’t make me uncomfortable, just the amount of it.

The thing that tilted me was a chase in town, a bunch of bandits running from the guards I was mistaken for a bandit and killed by the guards with no RP on my end. I should’ve said something but it was the last straw for me, nothing significant was ever happening around me that didn’t include somebody being attacked for the past couple of weeks at that point.

I tried to create peaceful RP but it wasn’t working, nobody was interested anymore. I thought it was me but I found it was the server, I started RP elsewhere, I even ran a D&D campaign where my players were opposed to attacking most things that could talk.

I know I could’ve changed race, become a halfling or an elf, I don’t remember what I didn’t like about the idea of that. I know I didn’t get much interaction with them, only orcs ever showed up around human territory. I am actually made uncomfortable by “drunk” RP, I don’t like drunk people in rl either and that’s all I saw from the dwarves for the most part.

To the point, I’m hoping to hear that being a peaceful human character that doesn’t get attacked on a daily basis is more of an option nowadays and I guess I’m also asking to essentially be treated as a new player as well since it’s been so long.

So no clue if you've gotten any help of yet but I've been around a little over... I believe two or more years now with the server. I have been off an on the activity at odd and normal hours for the server so if you'd like talk or ask any question you can hit me up on discord DarkElfs#1259 if you want it anyways.