E__V__O

Magic Addition - Transfiguration - Mana Wire Addition

Wired Augmentations

o-IbHYtpN-w3tpV1WrwFQuQBqmeHGT6aekQ1-_JU

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e0/73/5d/e0735de17d654ff5538c04d76ed98226.jpg

Origin

Addition to: 

Explanation

A wired augment is another form of prosthetic for the purpose to aid those who have lost or having been born without limbs or senses. These can be made through the process of void arts with the combination of Transfiguration. Through this process, mana wires able to hook up an ethereal wire network to the mind of the individual. This allows them to control the attached augmentation — giving access to having limbs, sight, sound, and smell returned to the individual on the basis following the individuals soul blueprint.

The Augment for the individual wouldn’t attribute to anymore mana/energy cost or require any more focus than when using a regular limb to utilize. It is directly wired through the augment and to the users mana-pool, connecting to the mind directly. 

The creation of these augmentations would first require a skilled augmentor to design a systematization of blueprints made to tailor. Augmentors would need to follow the blueprint of the individual to make sure everything is lined up to an exact measurement; otherwise, problems could occur from fingers not responding correctly or one’s senses may end up malfunctioning. An augmentor skilled enough to follow these blueprints is required to design the initial piece first. Once the piece is constructed, they can get into the magical side of implementation upon the individual.

자고 자료계 on - #robot #자고 #자료계

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/88/da/1b/88da1b1d28e2a1278e12082124c078c8.jpg

Once all the augmented pieces are fully designed, tailor made to the exact specifications of the individuals soul blueprint, one is able to finally put all the pieces into place. The Transfigurationist can begin to enchant them so they respond correctly once attached to the individual. Transfigurationists use telekinesis to bind limbs and sensory illusion to bind pieces to the senses. After each piece is enchanted to respond correctly to the flow of wire binding them together, the Transfigurationist may begin attaching the augmentations to the individual they’re made for via strap on the body or socket. The mana-wire must be created to thread towards every crystal and transmission switch in order for it to be correctly transfigured into being operational. Once the wires have all been threaded through the devices and is responding correctly, the Transfigurationist must bind their mana towards the individual with the augmentations attached, and bind the ethereal wires to their mana-pool. Overall, this gives the mind access to control over the augment. 

After the process is complete, it’ll take some time for the individual to get used to the new limb/sense augmentation bound to them. However, over the course of the next human year they’ll develop more of a grasp on the  workings of the device now bound to them.

Mechanics

Augmentations wouldn’t be any better than the original tissue they’re replacing — simply being a prosthetic. The weight attributed to these augmentations couldn’t be anymore than what the soul blueprint would originally allow. They are unable to be built to have muscle if the person did not have it previously. The telekinetic arms wouldn’t extend the individual’s limits on what they could and couldn’t normally do.The augmentations run from the users pool of mana/energy. Anything they can already do with their body is the limitation of the prosthetic. This is the same for any sensory augmentation. With any of these augmentations, wards and/or any magical cancelling device would affect them. In this situation, it would effectively shut down the device momentarily, only to find the device reactivating after a few emotes. If the augmentations are damaged in any way, they can find an augmenter to repair or craft a new device to replace the one damaged. 

Damaging these devices can be as easy as the real thing. Although they don’t have flesh, a strike from a sword will still manage to shut-down the device if not breaking it completely. This will cause the need for the device to be reactivated and/or repaired. Augmentations are extremely weak against blunt weapons. For example: a hammer would be able to crush them like the regular arm, forcing repairs. Magic damage upon or cast around the augment will react similar to how the material it’s made of would react.

Roleplay Example for Reactivating Augments

First scenario:

[!] The Augmented arm breaks down due to a hammer collision [!]

- Stepping back from the encounter that doesn’t involve him, the man would look down to the limp arm by his side. With a grimace he’ll begin to focus on the joints around his elbow, starting to imagine energy being moved through the arm. It’ll hiccup with the upper arm sparking alive. -

- The man continuing to focus down on the arm, now moved his attention to the lower half of it – flowing the energy down to course through like a stream running down the river flow the mana bonds would reactivate the whole arm able for it to be utilized once more -

Second scenario:

[!] In a fighting scenario, someone has kicked one of your legs, powerful enough to break the ankle but shutdown the leg. [!]

- The man collapsing to the ground, with a groan he’ll attempt to stand but sent straight back to the ground, his ankle not supporting his weight due to the augment breaking at that point – the ankle down unresponsive to anything. -

- The man seeing the person in front boasting how they just took out a mage, priding around the square cheering for themselves. He’ll look down to the leg once more and beginning to focus seemly out of the fight already but planning to at least get some of the leg functional. A distortion sparking over the leg momentarily as the joints begin to kick in and twitch from the upper thigh down. – 

- The attacker turning back to look to the man, before giving a laugh and walking off. The man shaking his head momentarily before his leg would begin to function once more reactivated with the wires bringing mana to course through it once more. Attempting to stand once more, he’ll only get to the point of a kneel before seemly moving this way to the tavern to wait for the ankle to be mended. -

Redlines

• Gives no real combat advantage, acting as if the regular arm. Simply a prosthetic. 

• Cannot weigh more than the original prosthetic.

• Drains no added energy/mana than the original thing.

• Can create augmentations for any visible body part; Hands, Arms, Feet, Legs and Sight. 

• Disorientating the ‘sense’ will act like the regular thing, you cannot see through a blinding flash.

• Wards / Abjurations / Any magical counters effectively shuts-down the device until self reactivated if possible.

• The limbs will shut down requiring a reactivation if hit with any force powerful enough to bruise a regular body part but not break it. Non-combat scenario’s wouldn’t count towards this unless desired for RP flavor. 

• Reactivating the limb requires two continuous emotes focusing on the augment completely.

• Requires either Telekinesis or Sensory Illusion to create. Can work with others.

• Requires at least expert mastery - T4 in Transfiguration.

• Due to complexity, requires a FEAT application if you know Transfiguration. Has to be taught.

• ST signature/approval required on each augment when attached.

Tier Progression

Once the individual reaches Expert Mastery (T4) in Transfiguration they’re able to learn Wired Augmentation. Through this period the practitioner can bind mana-wire towards the mana/energy pools of an individual to begin working on creating the desired outfitted limb/eye replacement which requires a careful understanding of the being they’re working on. If an error would be made the limb/eye would have trouble functioning to not function at all. Advancing to Master Mastery (T5) will not advance you in the skill as it takes precision and practice to get perfect in this skill.

Purpose

The purpose of Wired Augmentations would be to fill a current lapse of not having limb/eye-replacement within LoTC dealing with arcanic/voidal means. This addition is to serve to resolve that by providing a replacement for these parts while equaling no advantage in combat through mechanics or roleplay and having considerable downsides. With this addition it also serves a purpose that one doesn’t have to rely on certain magics or various other trinkets which doesn’t fit into character progression. The addition I have proposed would hopefully bring more development and progression to the server by providing a lore-friendly way on procuring this result.

Citations

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/179665-%E2%9C%93-magic-addition-transfiguration-mana-wire/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/157462-mart-the-equipment-of-an-artificer-v3/

Credits

Jenny_Bobbs - Writing.

PosidonX7 - Editing/Grammar.

SpodoKaiba - Original Idea.

Other Reference Images

Eyes

r0e95p05dEsp_JUxdxOHvGrXWClMgQoRq8fQ1un6

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ba/45/f7/ba45f75372f2a00b511765430a979ad0.jpg

r/characterdrawing - The Seer, a Cleric of Ioun

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c0/89/73/c08973fc544f2771ec90da43201edc25.jpg

Arm

This Craft Essence can be obtained by bringing Bedivere's Bond Level to 10. It comes at max level with all limit breaks.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d7/05/eb/d705eb1c3dd347cefe765ea1b37f720d.jpg

Seems pretty high-tech but I like it regardless. Cyborgs in LOTC when?

no more magitech.

we get this but phil’s gun lore gets denied.

hqdefault.jpg

2865336bd0d5b1d.png

Edited by CaesarTheFirst

Please no

We already have enough “prosthetic” limbs for people, such as druidism or stone arms or whatever. The entire “prosthetic” magic on LOTC just seems like a cheap way for people to avoid consequence RP in the first place and please for the love of god we really don't need another one of these added to the server. 

<---------------------------------

42 minutes ago, Ford said:

Cyberpunk-2077-Keanu-Reeves-most-dialogue.jpg.optimal.jpg

1 hour ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

A wired augment is another form of prosthetic for the purpose to aid those who have lost or having been born without limbs or senses. These can be made through the process of void arts with the combination of Transfiguration. Through this process, mana wires able to hook up an ethereal wire network to the mind of the individual. This allows them to control the attached augmentation — giving access to having limbs, sight, sound, and smell returned to the individual on the basis following the individuals soul blueprint.

If the character is born without a part of the body then I don’t imagine that the body part can be found on their soul blueprint.

Gives no real combat advantage, acting as if the regular arm. Simply a prosthetic. 

I feel like wailing at someone with a metal arm is a combat advantage. 

The limbs will shut down requiring a reactivation if hit with any force powerful enough to bruise a regular body part but not break it.

7 minutes ago, LeoRabbit99 said:

I feel like wailing at someone with a metal arm is a combat advantage. 

Read up. 

10 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

If the character is born without a part of the body then I don’t imagine that the body part can be found on their soul blueprint.

In other prosthetic lore which I looked into stated that even without the area being around from birth where able to have utilization. I can confirm this with ST to see if it is an issue.

This actually looks really interesting and could give the players a oppurtunity to “augment” their characters in other fashionable ways beside the current Druidism and Golemancy things. I personally see no problem with magical creations that have no combat purpose and are purely fashion based and of course it gives a “Cyberpunk” feeling, but that is not relevant as the progression of magical possibilities on this server has to go forward somehow.

I like it, and it doesn’t seem to have any advantage over natural limbs.

Was already a thing before they gacked mentalism/cognitism enchants. Seems fine though personally I’d rather it be strictly limbs, none of this edgy replacement eye / smell stuff. It probably have a quicker chance and better approval if it was strictly limbs @Jenny_Bobbs

1 minute ago, Tox said:

Was already a thing before they gacked mentalism/cognitism enchants. Seems fine though personally I’d rather it be strictly limbs, none of this edgy replacement eye / smell stuff. It probably have a quicker chance and better approval if it was strictly limbs @Jenny_Bobbs

You’re probably right! I’ll go through ST to see the thoughts behind this in the morning (when I wake) to see what the go-to is. I think eyes/limbs should be fine unsure about the rest!

FC3BD.thumb.jpg.1ae162b0ba625aaaab5b27e5126cd059.jpg