[✗] A large Tournament, with Permanent Death

KaythPlus

Disclaimer

This isn’t an event idea for a specific group of people, or myself – it is just an idea I thought would be cool and very exciting for all those participating. Its in no way a ‘how-to’ style post, but more me sprouting out an idea in hopes someone in the event-team likes the sound of it and maybe cherry-picks parts and builds it into an exciting and spine-chillingly dangerous event.

The Core Idea

I think it would be very thrilling to have an event based around a huge (possibly recurring) fighting tournament, in which all (consensual applicants) whom lose in the fight are handed a Permanent Kill (PK) on their persona. The event could have its own stadium, and could take part over several days. With festivities along-side, such as smaller drinking games, archery aim contents – and other trivial things for the common-folk who don’t wish to join in the main event for what would presumably be an insanely rewarding prize. 

Not only would this be adrenaline-filled for those who are fighting, it would also be fun to watch from both an In Character (IC) perspective, and an Out of Character (OOC) perspective – as you’re much more invested into the Tournament and possibly of loved ones participating. It would also create a large quantity of role-play, from all the festivities allowing new-comers to bond and make new friends, nations to gather; and mingle with each-other and over-all allow for people to re-engage in role-play. 

A large reward would tempt both those with largely developed characters, and those new – fully consenting to the PK rules of the tournament. From my years in role-play I’ve always found it hard to let go of a character, even when the character has become stale – and boring to play for myself, and for others to role-play with. This may allow people to refresh their creativity by creating new and exciting characters with new stories to tell.

Sub-Ideas

Maybe it could be nation based, with each nation or kingdom nominating a fighter; winning the tournament would be highly prestigious for that kingdom / nation in asserting their domination over the other kingdoms. 

Edited by KaythPlus

sounds rly cool

sound v fun to watch and  like a good way to send-off ur char. v fun for the adrenaline too. one issue would be people just making throw-away characters, but i suppose the guy in charge of running it could do some vetting

I think there used to be something like this a few years ago when I was more active. I would love to attend one again!

sounds cool

Moved to Denied Events.