Botany Backtrack

Wrynn

Botany Backtrack

Hey guys, so it’s been almost two weeks now since the Botany plugin that I created went live, and I’m simply making this post to gather some feedback about the plugin. I went into the release of the plugin very well understanding that it wouldn’t be perfect whenever it released and that certain aspects of it may need changed or removed altogether. 

I’d love to hear everyone’s opinions on the plugin, perhaps you could share how easy you found it to use, what parts you like the most about it and also the reverse of that coin; what is challenging about the plugin and what makes it boring and less fun. I’m also open to suggestions for entirely new ideas or directions with the plugin as I’m dedicated to making it serve the server’s wants as much as possible, so think of the plugin simply at v1.0 currently, with many more to come. As well as that, tell me if there’s anything you dislike about the plugin and I can try and change it to accommodate that! I want to make sure that you guys have a big part in the direction of the plugin seeing as I’m making it for you guys, and also just want to let you know that the feedback is really appreciated!

If you guys also have any questions about the plugin currently, feel free to ask them here and I’ll try to answer, other than that, have a good day guys!

ONKlKh-x3Cq8MV4sKUbQyA3kEyPUWC2H0vBVD8LFkH17BYiIp1bMPqTThv-31UXeR7kKAJE-uUN1_W8lhEIjsSIdG_rW-fYvRnVm4y2PiPy8VsWn3bnergLjP4b1QOBNKfOHVzqh

- Alabaster Leaf, credits to @rwko

When can we get admin wrynn again

Wryadmin

Edited by Aesopian

The update has been pretty good for selling plants on the AH and to dumb people and making bank, thx for that

Can you make a brewing plugin next?

Its a good plugin! Really love it though I’d like to see more plants get added, for example:

Fire Flower

Nighsap

Boneset

Cactus Green

Glowberry

Black Sun’s Spinter

Aqua Nymph

And a few others

The plugin is really good! I feel like Alchemist’s Shears could do with having a slightly higher durability just because it sucks to lose them in the middle of nowhere, go back to a city, and have to go back to where you were. I’d be glad to see more plants added, maybe a processing station where you can make, say, blissfoil into a pain-numbing solution, and so on

(alternatively, alchemy plugin please)

I think the plugin is great so far, though I agree with Meteor on adding additional plants for certain. If/when alchemy has a plugin of some form to use the plants, I think it would all flow nicely. Nice work dudes ❤️ 

Cake sword?

jokes aside It's neat, if possible a mechanic that switches extra rare plant nodes around a randomized area would be really cool.

I think it is quite wonderful, as the locations are easy to reach and it’s worthwhile to go on an rp exploration. However, I personally would enjoy more locations [and perhaps dangerous locations] to find herbs in the jungles. I spent quite a while and perhaps I was not in the right area, but alas I failed to find anything on the Queens Isles. This could be due to my lack of knowledge on the entire layout of Queens isles as it is incredibly big, though I must admit it was very satisfying to locate these herbs. 

I do look forward to a brewing plugin to utilize these herbs, as they are being sold like wildfire for various prices. Another thought is that, perhaps certain plants emit a mechanical effect on the person once they pluck it. Though it may be too difficult to execute, that is just a fun thought since certain herbs have immediate random effects based on their descriptions. It would be delightful to randomly experience it, and urge people to explore in groups. Though this may or may not impact server load, so I am not sure on how well this may go if used. In terms of executing this sort of idea, it would most likely become full of glitches which would consume more time depending on how well the implementation goes.

I suggest randomizing the locations, every so often [perhaps every month or two] to mimic the area not being as resourceful as usual through overuse. This may be just not exactly making a new herb spawn point, but changing what herb spawns there. Also, maybe a special herb could be found during event sites, especially in areas effected negatively. I can see a large amount of various events utilizing the plugin in a fun way. 

Overall, a very pleasant and fun addition to the server that enhances roleplay. Thanks for the neat plugin, and I look forward to later versions.
+1

- Fruu

[Apologies I may have gone overboard!]

Edited by UmbreScye

Basically what everyone else said. I love the plugin and it gives people who actually enjoy alchemy RP something to do in their freetime.

Also makes it miles easier to teach people about alchemy in RP, since you have actual lore-approved ingredients and a detailed description for every single one of them to work off of.

In terms of issues?

• Some of the spawn rates are a bit quick, honestly. If you head out once, you can stock up on at least 8-12 of each ingredient (save for the ultra-rare ones).
  • Alchemy shears are damnably expensive to make, but it makes sense if the above comment doesn’t change. If you have trouble making them, being able to stock up is fine.
  • It’s a pain to find some ingredients because they’re absolutely hoarded by others. This isn’t something I’ve personally run into much, if at all, but I’d suggest making a few ‘wildcard’ spawns. If someone runs through each region knowing roughly when the sprigs will regenerate, chances are others won’t get a shot at collecting more than a couple ingredients.

Those three things aside, there’s nothing I can really suggest. I haven’t run into issues otherwise.

With time, I’m sure more ingredients will be added and I’m confident more in-depth things can be done with each ingredient. Actually, I’d even suggest modifying it so each ingredient can even be eaten on the spot. Either with a command, so it’s not accidental, or by just right-clicking a couple times. First one pops up the plant and its effects, the second eats it immediately afterwards and applies potion effects to the individual.

Insert mandatory “Potion/Alchemy plugin when?” comment.

More durable shears.

The ability to create nodes (aka like a garden) with like 30 of the specific plant in question, and with a limit of 1-3 node creation per person to stop massive farming.

also i love u alot

1 minute ago, Vindicant said:

More durable shears.

The ability to create nodes (aka like a garden) with like 30 of the specific plant in question, and with a limit of 1-3 node creation per person to stop massive farming.

also i love u alot

also wholeheartedly this, specifically outline in a mini-ruleset that banding together like fifteen players and all their nodes is against the rules, since they’d pretty much always be loaded and cause lag otherwise

Better shear durability

Greenhouses to get 1-3 common nodes placedm, only common plants, not the rare ones, or ones that need very specific growing conditions. IE. You cant have a desert plant and a mountain plant in the same greenhouse. Instead, growing some basic medical herbs that grow in moderate climates, like tippens, serpents stalk, blissfoil.

Add the rest of the herbs, including but not limited to Larihei’s fingers, Blood lotus, Goblin’s Ivy, Metzli’s Tangle, Clutcher’s Straw, Ant’s Blight, etc.

I’d also like to see more nodes spattered across the map, here and there. There’s still a few regions that lack any nodes as well. 

Otherwise, great job so far! Really enjoying this plugin

I would really much enjoy seeing more herbs in regions such as the jungle or say that mushroom island.  Areas where it feels it makes sense to have them seem lacking in that regard. I would say increase durability of shears but really with the herbs we get and how some of them are spawning rather quickly, I rather it remain really where it's at. I would like to see if there is a way of creating gardens and the trade off being maybe far longer CD or something. 

1 hour ago, DeusVidet said:

Better shear durability

Greenhouses to get 1-3 common nodes placedm, only common plants, not the rare ones, or ones that need very specific growing conditions. IE. You cant have a desert plant and a mountain plant in the same greenhouse. Instead, growing some basic medical herbs that grow in moderate climates, like tippens, serpents stalk, blissfoil.

Add the rest of the herbs, including but not limited to Larihei’s fingers, Blood lotus, Goblin’s Ivy, Metzli’s Tangle, Clutcher’s Straw, Ant’s Blight, etc.

I’d also like to see more nodes spattered across the map, here and there. There’s still a few regions that lack any nodes as well. 

Otherwise, great job so far! Really enjoying this plugin

I was curious about a greenhouse system as well, though I do understand that would take away some of the hunting ideal we currently have.
Another thing would be neat, is if we could have herbs spawn underwater, like at the bottom of a lake.