Botany Backtrack

Wrynn

I love the plugin. Gives you something to do. One qualm I have is how easy it is to mark down the location of a ‘rare’ or ‘important’ herb and just go collect it over and over. Perhaps for the rarer herbs, make it so the node has a 90% chance to spawn a common herb and a 10% chance for another rarer one. Could even do more different spawn options depending on the location. Hybrid nodes are what I’d call it.

Another thing is that most herbs seem to be situated near roads and cities, in the future when adding other herbs, perhaps encourage traveling far away from civilization for specific herbs. Put herbs in caves and underwater as well if they fit.

As of now, there is not much to do with the herbs, new crafting recipes for salves, potions, bandages, powder, poison, etc. etc. using the herbs would be dope.

Edited by Youngie5500

11 minutes ago, Youngie5500 said:

-snip-

Love the idea for percentages on rare herbs so people don’t camp rare herbs. Rare herbs are that because they are rare.

7 hours ago, DeusVidet said:

Better shear durability

Greenhouses to get 1-3 common nodes placedm, only common plants, not the rare ones, or ones that need very specific growing conditions. IE. You cant have a desert plant and a mountain plant in the same greenhouse. Instead, growing some basic medical herbs that grow in moderate climates, like tippens, serpents stalk, blissfoil.

Add the rest of the herbs, including but not limited to Larihei’s fingers, Blood lotus, Goblin’s Ivy, Metzli’s Tangle, Clutcher’s Straw, Ant’s Blight, etc.

I’d also like to see more nodes spattered across the map, here and there. There’s still a few regions that lack any nodes as well. 

Otherwise, great job so far! Really enjoying this plugin

what my wife said

bee hives & wasp nests (aka yellow / white wasp hive / nest player heads from playershops) that spawn like the other nodes on leaves or something

not necessarily botany per se but it fits the aesthetic i feel and would allow for collection of honey from bee hives (**** knows which symbols but epic cool kinda rp item that can also be used for later plugins?) and more importantly from wasp nests – ink as an alternate way of getting ink sacs because i swear to **** squids are no where to be seen

otherwise epic plugin wrynn good job 

7 hours ago, Starfelt said:

Another thing would be neat, is if we could have herbs spawn underwater, like at the bottom of a lake.

This would be a really cool idea, however the way the nodes spawn in it’s extremely hard to get them to work this way; once you place them underwater they usually just float to the surface :c

@Xarkly I love the plugin in honesty and cannot wait for the potential alchemy side of it, what I would like to see however is the following things:

1. A system of implementation where Loreteam can make ‘custom’ items, alchemy in itself is not simply just herbs and although this is the botany, on the plugin side I was hoping that there could be a way for a loreteam to add certain symbols onto items e.g: During an event, a player harvests a rare organ of xyz creature of which represents fire and destruction, the member can then do a command like /addtrait fire destruction strong, from there it appends it ( such as in the python code written as \n print(“Fire (Destruction) : Strong”)). This can then be used later on in the alchemy side of the botany plugin meaning unique potions can be made / custom potions, if that isn’t possible then that’s p much fine it’s just a suggestion as it would be cool to have
  2. A list of all reagents that are currently implemented, I don’t want to swim at the bottom of the ocean for joker’s scum if it doesn’t even exist so can there be a way for us to see which ones have been added and which have not, that’s all ❤️

That’s about it, the first one would be incredibly difficult I understand however it just seems cool, the 2nd one is just for ease of access and what-not, Ily Xarkles and this plugin is amazing so thanks to anyone who  helped make it ? 

12 shear durability on average, needs at-least double, it’s hurting my nonexistant funding