Hello! Players looking for a community.

SaltyLikeTheSea

Hello! I’m a (kind of?) returning player. I joined a while back and sort of lurked and watched from afar. But I’m back a few years later with a friend! I really want to /actually/ get into the server instead of coming on to farm and run around with nothing to do. My friend and I are looking to get into a community to rp with. While I’m experienced, my friend is fairly new to rping. We plan to play human alchemists (if that’s even possible because the wiki page is...just yikes) if that helps narrow down anything. We’re just looking to do some relativity non-combat rp and chill. So any help finding a place to do that would be greatly appreciated!

I suggest going to the Kadarsi Caliphate my friend, welcome back! there is also now settlement guides, that will help you!

I’m planning to found an alchemist society in my upcoming charter, and we’re also the home of the Herbalist guild. Feel free to message me and check out our charter!

Edited by JuniperSelkie

Dont join any place unless it's on this list:

Orcs

Holy Orenian Empire aka helena 

Curon

Dwarves

Wood Elves

Llyria or whatever it is

Helves

Druids

Curon

Snelves

Those are from the top of my head. I'm probably missing one. These minor charters will look enticing but they are made up of 1 or 2 players and feature little to no activity. 

Edited by L0rdLawyer

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Orcs

Curon

Dwarves

Wood Elves

Llyria or whatever it is

Helves

Druids

Curon

Snelves

Those are from the top of my head. I'm probably missing one. These minor charters will look enticing but they are made up of 1 or 2 players and feature little to no activity. 

(deleted first part bc i read it wrong... hehe ) plenty of the places he listed have crazy activity all day long, and i suggest picking a few places to bounce around in, rather than settling down completely in one spot. if you’re looking to play an alchemist, there are alchemy experts in llyria, and once it’s back and available to the playerbase again i’m sure someone will teach you. also, the place juniper suggested to you would be a good place to learn, but not necessarily to settle down permanently. hope this helps!

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Orcs

Curon

Dwarves

Wood Elves

Llyria or whatever it is

Helves

Druids

Curon

Snelves

I’m fairly certain that Brandybrook has more than 2 players in it, as do most other non-nation settlements that aren’t purposely uninhabited.

Anyways, if you want to play a halfling, feel free to make a Brandybrook halfling! We’re doing quite well right now (averaging at around 1 person online at any given moment, not bad for a village!), and we have an active leadership that’s capable of planning events. We don’t have much room to build more burrows, but there’s rooms in the tavern that you could live in while we figure out the housing situation.

The culture’s pretty cool and the people are even better. It’s not for everyone, but it sure can be a blast sometimes!

2 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I’m fairly certain that Brandybrook has more than 2 players in it, as do most other non-nation settlements that aren’t purposely uninhabited.

He clearly means online at any given time, which you agree with him with. 

2 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

He clearly means online at any given time, which you agree with him with. 

“Made up of” implies that the 1-2 people are the sole inhabitants, and “little to no activity” does not give off the impression that these charters would have 1-2 people online at any given time on average.

Hey if you’re looking for a human community that’s in a rework phase and would be happy to try and accomodate your needs Haense might be the place for you. Alchemists are something we’re actively on the looking for with our city being reconstructed with an alchemy tower and an RP herb garden. Hit me up if it sounds interesting!

1 hour ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Anyways, if you want to play a halfling, feel free to make a Brandybrook halfling! We’re doing quite well right now (averaging at around 1 person online at any given moment, not bad for a village!), and we have an active leadership that’s capable of planning events. We don’t have much room to build more burrows, but there’s rooms in the tavern that you could live in while we figure out the housing situation.

The culture’s pretty cool and the people are even better. It’s not for everyone, but it sure can be a blast sometimes!

I forgot about the halflings. Sorry. Halflings too.

1 hour ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

“Made up of” implies that the 1-2 people are the sole inhabitants, and “little to no activity” does not give off the impression that these charters would have 1-2 people online at any given time on average.

The same people over and over just sign random charters, getting it land, they think it’s cool for 2 days and then leave. Leaving 1 or 2 people to roleplay their by themselves usually newer players until they quit the server or move on to a new area. Usually it’s quit the server. Which is why the community team and all other players should put more pressure on new players to find their first home in an actual Nation. Yes, dwarves and orcs and halflings are a little on the inactive side at times but they still have solid playerbases unlike these make shift bungalows that are called charters.

1 hour ago, sophiaa said:

(deleted first part bc i read it wrong... hehe ) plenty of the places he listed have crazy activity all day long, and i suggest picking a few places to bounce around in, rather than settling down completely in one spot. if you’re looking to play an alchemist, there are alchemy experts in llyria, and once it’s back and available to the playerbase again i’m sure someone will teach you. also, the place juniper suggested to you would be a good place to learn, but not necessarily to settle down permanently. hope this helps!

What? Thought I said don’t join any group on this list? Big oof.

29 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

The same people over and over just sign random charters, getting it land, they think it’s cool for 2 days and then leave. Leaving 1 or 2 people to roleplay their by themselves usually newer players until they quit the server or move on to a new area. Usually it’s quit the server. Which is why the community team and all other players should put more pressure on new players to find their first home in an actual Nation. Yes, dwarves and orcs and halflings are a little on the inactive side at times but they still have solid playerbases unlike these make shift bungalows that are called charters.

Sorry for misinterpreting your message. I thought you were calling more active Charters and non-nation settlements like Thyra, Brandybrook, Kadarsi, etc. just random settlements full of nothing but tumbleweeds and forgotten memories.

Realtalk tho. Don’t let people decide for you where you should go. Pick a spot you’ll think you will enjoy, and there’s no need to 100% commit to it. You’re always free to move to another spot if the first one isn’t your cup of tea. Don’t let people bully you into picking their spot over another.