Lore Update: Regarding the Braduk Bloodline

Sykogenic

maclqbXlBwlb-V_XEvtXTNyOiEEyq7D0cdklm2f-VHEspXd2AVE6dJhv-JFSOUxNkU598q0W0qFQVcKqbhJ0cWXVv1BaYah6nONsBfTt5ubFXBRBiePBC2T0FENQX6K1fnvu_v0

Regarding the Braduk Bloodline

The status of the Braduk Bloodline has been a source of contention for quite some time now. What is considered acceptable roleplay for those from this bloodline has changed over the months, and even years. The Braduk bloodline in its current state is a thinly veiled attempt to min-max a character by allowing them to have (near-)Olog level strength without having to RP the decreased intelligence and primal nature an Olog possesses. 

In attempts to bring this lore up to date, it has been decided that the Olog influence on this bloodline must be retroactively shelved until a formal lore submission for the bloodline following the new lore criteria is accepted. Any existing bloodline Braduk characters must either submit a valid Creature Application and roleplay the full standard effects of an Olog, or modify their character and roleplay within the standard constraints of the Orcish physique and intelligence. Anybody who wishes to create a new bloodline Braduk must adhere to these options as well; Olog Creature Application, or Standard Orc physique and intelligence. 

We are keeping it so that half-ologs do not require CAs for the time being as outside the Braduk line we have not received any reports regarding them. However, it cannot be stressed enough that if you roleplay any of the positive attributes of an Olog in your half-olog, you MUST roleplay all of the negative attributes of an Olog. Full Ologs will still require a creature application though, which can be found here.

welp, time to pk my orc...

thanks

As cool as Clan Braduk can be, and coming from someone who’s first Orc was a Braduk, the bloodline has been heavily abused by people playing massive Orcs but also just as intelligent as a normal Orc.  If everyone RP’d their Braduk like Nova, who incorporates both the strengths and weaknesses of the bloodline, we wouldn’t need to have it shelved.

Y'know, instead of doing a such abrupt action, which that  not everyone will  like, you could consult the community or even the owners of a Braduk's character, find a  fair point that everyone could like, limits and etc.. ... idk why make such reckless decision. community exist.(and yes, i had problem with some Braduks in the past).

33 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

In attempts to bring this lore up to date, it has been decided that the Olog influence on this bloodline must be retroactively shelved until a formal lore submission for the bloodline following the new lore criteria is accepted.

I’ve actually submitted what it seems you’re looking for it’s just that @FlamboyantTyrant and the rest of his team are yet to actually finish the review. Outside of blatant misconceptions in your post such as-

36 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

The Braduk bloodline in its current state is a thinly veiled attempt to min-max a character by allowing them to have (near-)Olog level strength without having to RP the decreased intelligence and primal nature an Olog possesses.

Which is terribly a misguided concept that I already handled with Flambo while I was on the team. The Braduks are currently capped at an 8’4 height limit, whereas uruks are capped at 8’0 and ologs are capped at 10’0. This is clearly leaning far closer to the uruk side of the spectrum than the olog side and of course it’s well known that Braduks are not meant to rp as intelligently as the uruks they stand beside. 

This brings me to the more important reason that I’m commenting on this post and that’s because I have written and laid out exactly what you’re asking for. You seem to be asking for a formal lore piece which will definitively lay out the intelligence and height capabilities of the Braduks and yet back in MARCH of this year I submitted this piece of lore. 

Of course the piece, I’ll admit, needs some work and with the guidance of Delmodan I was instructed about what the team was looking for and so after months of delay by the Lore Team I was able to submit this google doc that has already been reviewed by numerous members of the Orc community and individual members of the team-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12ZxVRZrvVAyGRj3htzB67oD5VwIgJg_XV5wC0IvT6wA/edit?usp=sharing

This document, when speaking on the intelligence of Braduk characters, cedes that they are mentally very similar to uruks much like their height but it also lays out a more defined way to roleplay their mental deficiencies. These weaknesses are very aimed at combat and general ability to lead and would accurately make them wild warriors who are functionally handicapped by their intelligence. Of course I would love to hear the feedback of the team on this but another failure of the team appears to pose as a hiccup for it’s review. 

The team seems to have heavily invested in, the now former LT manager, Delmodan. She was leading the charge on the very delayed lore review but has since left the team. Since then I have been contacted by Flambo who would explain to me that the review of my post (which had begun over 1/3rd of a year ago) needs to begin the re-review process all over again.

I assume the team wasn’t dying for these changes, else any of the Lore Team members that I have had review my piece thus far would have asked for them. If you’d like to talk to me about making any changes you can of course talk to me since we are pretty well connected in Orc leadership, Shaman chats and Gorkil chats. 

So I would actually hope that you repeal this decision so that Braduk players, such as fooddude I believe, can rp their character normally. Then when the time comes to pass or deny my piece, should you decide to deny for some reason, then I hope you consider the amendment you’re putting forth. 

~You have all my contact info should you wish to reach me.

19 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

Y'know, instead of doing a such abrupt action, which that  not everyone will  like, you could consult the community or even the owners of a Braduk's character, find a  fair point that everyone could like, limits and etc.. ... idk why make such reckless decision. community exist.(and yes, i had problem with some Braduks in the past).

The reason this was brought forward in the first place was as a result of a conversation I had in the main orc chat (Yes, with actual Orcs. Not a bunch of randos), in which very little was offered up on the side of the Braduks being allowed to continue as is.

9 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Which is terribly a misguided concept that I already handled with Flambo while I was on the team. The Braduks are currently capped at an 8’4 height limit, whereas uruks are capped at 8’0 and ologs are capped at 10’0.

The issue you raise here is one of the main reasons the Lore Games are being held in the first place. A formal lore piece with quantified, hard redlines is needed and to be publicly posted. In writing this post I looked around the forums for information on the Braduks and I was unable to find this information in any capacity, let alone formal lore capacity.

19 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

I’ve actually submitted what it seems you’re looking for it’s just that @FlamboyantTyrant and the rest of his team are yet to actually finish the review.

Of course the piece, I’ll admit, needs some work and with the guidance of Delmodan I was instructed about what the team was looking for and so after months of delay by the Lore Team I was able to submit this google doc that has already been reviewed by numerous members of the Orc community and individual members of the team-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12ZxVRZrvVAyGRj3htzB67oD5VwIgJg_XV5wC0IvT6wA/edit?usp=sharing

I cannot really speak to the concerns you raise as to the direction and drive of the team without Delmo as I was only brought onto the team rather recently. However, I think what you link in the google doc is a step in the right direction in terms of the new criteria. It’s my personal opinion that despite the lore you link being good, if people wish to continue playing Braduk to their full extent as you outline then it should be submitted alongside your own as a separate lore piece that officially details the history, origins, etc. of the Braduk bloodline to ensure that no aspects of the bloodline are overlooked or cut short.

12 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

It’s my personal opinion that despite the lore you link being good, if people wish to continue playing Braduk to their full extent as you outline then it should be submitted alongside your own as a separate lore piece that officially details the history, origins, etc. of the Braduk bloodline to ensure that no aspects of the bloodline are overlooked or cut short.

I agree that such a post can and should be made though to halt the legitimate roleplay of all Braduk personas over such is uncalled for when the changes you’re looking to have outlined are already in the process of being proposed. You aren’t putting a pause on the Braduks because their backstory is not appropriately outlined or because they are causing some kind of dire issue. There’s certainly no fair reason that I can see as to why this kind of temporary bastardization of Braduks must be immediately made when the fix you’re looking for is at your team’s feet. Would the change be in a post solely about Braduks? No, though it would be there and it would functionally serve to outline what you’re looking for until that post can be made. I think calling for a post specifically devoted to backstory and fluff is a bit disingenuous in regards to the issue of any potential powergaming that you’re perceiving. 

Aight so y’all are just not going to talk to the Braduks about this and make this decision on your own, despite us not being min-max of anything and really not being that close to Olog height OR weight? Ok. Sounds great. But maybe next time, or you know, this time, you should actually ******* talk to the people who PLAY Braduks not just random Orcs. Stop being retards and think 

10 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

Aight so y’all are just not going to talk to the Braduks about this and make this decision on your own, despite us not being min-max of anything and really not being that close to Olog height OR weight? Ok. Sounds great. But maybe next time, or you know, this time, you should actually ******* talk to the people who PLAY Braduks not just random Orcs. Stop being retards and think 

This ^ you don't even need to shelv. everything 

16 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

You're a bit mad having to literally drop your height six inches or rp being a full olog with mental drawbacks tbh.

It's not honestly that ridiculous of a change and shouldn't be something that should cause a massive uproar. Braduks can still have their cultural clan stuff and your character isn't dramatically changed, they're just shorter to avoid the misuse of Olog blood which has happened for years.

1 minute ago, ScreamingDingo said:

You're a bit mad having to literally drop your height six inches or rp being a full olog with mental drawbacks tbh.

It's not honestly that ridiculous of a change and shouldn't be something that should cause a massive uproar. Braduks can still have their cultural clan stuff and your character isn't dramatically changed, they're just shorter to avoid the misuse of Olog blood which has happened for years.

Sloth’s point is how you act on a broken system and don’t actually chat with the members of the community to work with them before going “I’m in charge, my way or get out.” on them. Glad feedback goes right through your head though and you ignore all of it! Your comment kind of backs his statement a lot. 

Anyways, maybe instead of just shelving everything @Sykogenic like every other LT wants to do, you talk with the main man @_Jandy_ who has literally been working on this for months despite being ignored and put off by the LT.

2 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

It’s justified, in my opinion (as a non-braduk), since the Braduks weren’t outwardly contacted whatsoever or causing any issues. This change doesn’t stem from reports of misuse or anything of the sort, just a lone LT’s opinion that the Braduk’s are rubbish. Though it is just 4 inches the entire “taller and stronger than you” attitude and the muscle to back it up is the foundation for their clan culture. The changes that the team is looking for are at their feet and it’s been waiting on them for months now, the outrage is justified since the team is perfectly willing to shelf the lore but not review the fixes that they’re asking for. 

Love you Dingo, but you’re wrong here.

6 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Sloth’s point is how you act on a broken system and don’t actually chat with the members of the community to work with them before going “I’m in charge, my way or get out.” on them. Glad feedback goes right through your head though and you ignore all of it! Your comment kind of backs his statement a lot. 

Anyways, maybe instead of just shelving everything @Sykogenic like every other LT wants to do, you talk with the main man @_Jandy_ who has literally been working on this for months despite being ignored and put off by the LT.

Y'all can stop using shelf as a buzzword to incite outrage over such a minor issue that is being addressed to bring it up to standards. 

I’m very sorry that Jandys submission wasn’t addressed in a time frame you find acceptable. But the fact of the matter is that Braduk break the racial lore for Orcs without having an accepted lore piece of their own to justify it. Height/weight issues are things we deal with daily in the other player bases, but Braduks have been able to skate by with no flags thrown at them. Their lore isn’t being messed with at all. 

To being Braduks in-line with the current standards all they need to do is make a lore submission following the new criteria that essentially outlines their history, origins and provide redlines for the bloodlines. If they don’t want to do that, then they can pick from the options outlined in the initial post. 

3 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

To being Braduks in-line with the current standards all they need to do is make a lore submission following the new criteria that essentially outlines their history, origins and provide redlines for the bloodlines. If they don’t want to do that, then they can pick from the options outlined in the initial post. 

Do you imagine that such a process would take another 4 months to review? In such a case this pause on Braduks seems genuinely unfair.