Community Team Update Log - July 2019

Ivoreyy

33lZcyoB0huBmJSEAvz5tFbOWY5RA2K2UOzL0EGee_qEqOWpEjvyXY6pL1E-C4m446BEfepPy2icJkO40Z1cm7zsJgZ8xv2Lvq6JrmXjHgBEPYLJDCvyzWWd151Y-gT2GclRfNs7

6p2qiLctsK26RlykCLYsy41RWNfi0zA_gRYvsY-fEWytpCAuInlOkIZDYctACP9uPaP_GlT7-EiKLHv3p_P2d6LIHIXoVbpP55sGRBJjEevumXKShinEGnl3dyJ5_3AsAO02eV1T

COMMUNITY TEAM MONTHLY UPDATE LOG- July 2019

Introduction

Good morning gamers

I am back, here again to have a rundown of application statistics, project progress and the overall direction of the team. After a couple months away, I’m once again keen to get going with the community team! To overall introduce July’s edition of the CT, I’ll begin with our team’s goals and achievements for this month, and what we aim to do going forward. 

July has been jam packed with project work. We’ve come a long way with some ideas and updates needed for various projects that had previously been stagnant, or not existed entirely. From total wiki revamps to new application formats, New player discord updates, Community Events, as well as our classic ‘Pots and Pandits’ project.

If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know what the community team is, you can read more info about the Community Team’s policies

Community Team Roster

EoyQ7WYj6UAkawRFiFkxuQkulBwg_PfPAk9Vd9JZoDmLZNXmaLzFt1djdbYhlPdh8Cd9Z4JMZl0Y79CIWtUuMmukYlYg8PcQrbXCyg0RUyk8RlOaSdUfCgsPHyPrylEuAhn5cXtS

Monthly Application Data

This month we saw 440 new faces on LOTC.

This is a slight decrease from last month (2 apps), though still a huge increase from the earlier months of this year. From here onward, we can expect to see a steady flow of new members to the server.

Our overall acceptance rate was 70.2%, including both pending-accepted and accepted. This is slightly lower than last month (Only by less than 1%). 

Spoiler

JFscBe1ZhJ1LFhndlkWxXO9IHr7W7uRxXsnvzCp9p3fYhZuoOLAzTtGGZMzh-rHdl3V-fFoyYl9zPBkup-ErAL07eJC1gra_V9PwKOuNLytnuG122dCZmKbPop5LwGL6s_MDbjCSPvmBu9Qfwjb6QvDwmVaahK6tb9JJQ0YBuak3z0z_spZBurgJG-EFW2JfvWeqrogYa5nsk075I_uX2zvnbqftiVFI0ywYx0zu5WDupX0ZdXov1VEfLcJbgUq1T7Hsq4pDiTQCb2M-

73.1% of accepted players were from an American timezone, 23.3% were European, And finally, 3.6% were Oceanic (woo go australians)

Spoiler

swVdiDdqSZYuccWfseV0vM-sYdJ9sj43I_dnMNPhqW34BQmW1qkoi3iU3gYfuhAMiJJw2qOEHf2ycH-4FzREX9deB-sfCoSAYbOiOFzwerGyZ03fcSabyyVUQ6tKDpqPWvlJ-f8eRIY-mDIme8rLFsGU_vHqk0gvW6wXh9x_KhKeDb7nSbZA1UT4O9SMeMWBUeI-3rINaK_3hvM7z-tZddaeXL4rtLs4ucpWICRJ6smOz11rUGv-m1fHeu04GM46i3gDLkrBULj9x7LW

Now, onto some finer details about our applications this month

I say this every month, and I feel like it is only increasing more! Humans, again, are the most applied for race by a huge amount. I guess human roleplay is the best ?

(In reality, it’s most definitely the highest applied for race as it is most of the time, the easiest introductory race and most appealing due to the ability to relate our characters to ourselves)

These numbers usually follow the same trend, though the exact amounts do fluctuate a fair bit.

Spoiler

Q-wO_gRH0doFRdd6JVwFUZPkFli0B8_RWHk0hM8v0qmFF2GP1O-H-KPxfRijhoevDBXJciBgTzo-2s4sIfOh8HML9tz-NrZCZLbI1nKTnmlvndLctRSV3ky1MY4MK0Oy7FKnwhKE

Nv8Cs6oBmDehfDRZt2hvPTRaKCC2KEp9-zFBy6-KHkMzr8F_wgR_610y-nh6OzI29idAOmlEQMF0fsYEzkcDy1gYDmqk1XLahW7cu4BW_WTGX_vk2ukirWsn7WQfOtrvrSJHSEdI

l4gEyn9t4645xCON74nI8ORoX3tEjGIOFFhEmzCC2HnP2uJ_CR52MZD8xbq6eDdL5PfQX7UAH6U2U_l1Zg5UgOI_EFL2TYUDVRPqB6Nm0kEBt3aGawhBjVaOHgOQAO9GVnPlxvb6UGWdlZBUQY63GWn9irl5FetEBuLuPwOX_MU7C9kckSIM-6g-ASfmC_F-4D_2hwaDl8q8liG9iIqmr6wVc3SFmXHsYReJfth8Ahblez39CyCU6WCvH6FXh0tTJXEp_B9LlmxJV2XKLZ99KVTQznriy_0lvWWjezkcFq5yuc-KSq0mS1qNyx2Gmzd4aG1bZNc7Wgcr3DmI4D1y2iBroHgCnramXphuHHXQqjMyjV02DkH4-hkr-17T3rl18lvTr45zt9_DabfTiTxVpJuPvI0CxVcuCMCUGQYI0xaotVlyHeI2MCXv4FlgrFno1wxoFNJAc8hCfhJCg73qCw4cUX7RFIBw6IwdAqhFk3E2sWdyDllAK2QsD14fNNierC9aAGnrhEsjGrumDA_uWZOV2rvGSj6Y

Monthly Team Data

This month has been super busy with our project-based focus groups. So far, we’ve seen a lot of success in making progress across all fields. That being said, applications are remaining strong as usual!

We also have tonnes of more specific team data regarding new player guidance logs, player intervention etc.

Please keep in mind that some members may have not made quota due to hiatus’, being added to the team later in the month, or are a lovely Community Content Creator and therefore not required to. (Jenny_Bobbs, TheIchorDruid & Reko)

Spoiler

_bFR7ujSkdv3FNhWDt8MCTCEv1Cw7Ec44h9YkoLYu-4ZZmXGCav2s76xQ7UoAskz75bAva7t9zIKDvOh4EYmHJFZJRfNz3JUfwXFAp98yWNx_fsZ0TsyZMi1JpF8YC5miN9I6ifNEi1609deCGZo4HmPVgAVB1zjG1cW1qOp1WAa81VIHWuunFtSwjeplRSuSDLkNjZHhlBMHP8WRcgzIuvspCi6bWwhY7tOSlSei96_tQ5FHNW3LtvajEifbpsbaSn3eVtpVwna3C8N8ABKVTxXWdvwoIar4-3oLjuNYAPy6ccpMjMhOezcm7ZbY81rVpGBcCEfn1nXjCLgMqUGoIfYNgCA5wy6KxOmwYIHi6wLJwz-I2ECqLFgbRuN39OWKhH1HuDYsYVGb1QEN3p6PGjQLAHTMZRXBbwRmj2pld2gsYWivOq0Kwex5Vy2dhhPEA2Qz1w0r7Y6QMjBePUTbkQeqgOvG0dk7CUiaYfgqDZUXaPIza1YkQwKTcA9hmouKN7XYBDLlgOM2POEeJEHgqFOa9Cf5FQ5_8dme5uIZnKpDI5Pz91k1v-BXn7Lp89N5V2m9euVcC9r6qDOxCNn7LO1NqvHVEcozfJnJnNxDMXNVMkXdWTK_C76d47GgTi-zRsuAYZXLKLabAnyN8vj3-jNdO_ZN_dsJJSfaflF

This Month we have a Quota King!

I’d like to congratulate @SoulReapingWolf for making King of Quota for July!

Followed closely behind by Aquaquean (This new zealander is mental, she’s almost topped quota for months)

n3l9IleA1y7VMctmP7D1cWTFT3zzaXDe4BViNvCSuUagiIYCNhDWq9aDUeWAzyfSp1O3VGWDGAW9exN8Z1OGCCVqnQTMX7RYCCOtE74UvL9aU1scTYC1ccUuoIW-4Me9eK_ocHK-

2022089479_ScreenShot2019-08-04at8_24_38am.png.813986e458584c27140fc3e004719084.png

Member Alterations

^ Ivoryyy_ promoted to Community Team Manager

+ Papa_Liam accepted into the Community Team

+ Bickando accepted into the Community Team
+ MrMineLoveDude accepted into the Community Team

+ Ducklingator accepted into the Community Team

+ LionEY  accepted into the Community Team

+ Keening  accepted into the Community Team

+ Ivoryyy_  accepted into the Community Team

Papa_Liam stepped down from the Community Team-

Bickando stepped down from the Community Team-

TheIchorDruid stepped down from the Community Team-

4rza stepped down from the Community Team-

Keening stepped down from the Community Team-

Marb121 stepped down from the Community Team-

Projects of July: 

Application Rework: 

The application rework is now within its final stages, prior to implementation. This will come about very soon, so keep an eye out for it.

Community Events: {Mamabearjade}

Greetings

Over the course of the next few weeks, we should start seeing more ooc games for all of you to enjoy, much like our Easter event. Our team will be doing various things such as rabb.it parties, watch2gether, games, scavenger hunts, ect. If you have ideas you would like to share, feel free to message one of our managers. We look forward to hosting more events!

Wiki Rework: {Lukaratias}

The wiki has been undergoing a large rework beginning with its main page, and the hub pages therein, as well as any relevant informational and guide pages. Until this rework is complete we will not be moving forward on any other wiki related updates. While we understand that there are concerns with the relevance of lore on the wiki, the lore games makes it difficult to begin these projects because the progress that we make may have to be undone shortly thereafter.

Aside from this, we are considering other quality-of-life updates, including trying to get a useful "what you see is what you get" editor that will make creating aesthetically pleasing pages easier. An update will eventually be released when we finish our current major projects to discuss the wiki, our plans, our responsibilities, and other wiki related matters that are important for the community to know. Also, if you need a wiki account make a community ticket, or PM me on the forums.

Pots and Pandits: {Marb121}

Hello friends, marb here to give you all a bit more information on our Pots and Pandits project!
The Pots and Pandits project is designed to teach new and old players alike about combat roleplay, and the various rules surrounding mechanical combat on the server. In this project, a Community Team member shall set up a scenario with the player, where the staff member roleplays as a bandit in order to engage in combat with them. During this session, depending on what the player wishes to learn the staff member takes the player through everything step by step, helping them understand how to form more detailed emotes, and explaining the rules!

In order to request a session of the Pots and Pandits project, simply make a /creq in game, or message any of our lovely team members! For more information, you can always consult
this thread! If you ever feel like you wish to learn more about combat on Lord Of The Craft, do not hesitate to request a session to be set up!

NPD: {Tahmas}

Hey there!

Over the course of this previous month, I have been working closely with the NPD Focus Group to iron out the details regarding our new New Player Discord. This month, we progressed from the project proposal being approved all the way to nearing completion. There's only one or two finishing touches in the technical side of things with the Bots and Automation we plan to implement to finish off and then it's ready to be reviewed by the Administration, and released to the public. 

For next month, I will be taking a very brief 9 day hiatus as I am moving from the UK to the US, however I and the rest of the NPD Focus Group intend to have the project completed and rolled out by the end of August. Players themselves shouldn't notice too much change, bar the inclusion of the Tailor's Guild with the New Player Discord, as most of the overhaul and project was centered around backend automation of the Discord to make the Player Journey more succinct and enable people to help new or returning players transition back into the server.

6p2qiLctsK26RlykCLYsy41RWNfi0zA_gRYvsY-fEWytpCAuInlOkIZDYctACP9uPaP_GlT7-EiKLHv3p_P2d6LIHIXoVbpP55sGRBJjEevumXKShinEGnl3dyJ5_3AsAO02eV1T

What’s Next: 

Another goodbye ?

Hey all, marb here again, this time with some sad news! I had the privilege of joining the Community Team back in March of this year! Ever since I joined this team it has been a lot of fun, and I’ve met some amazing people during my tenure, and I’m very grateful to have been given this chance.

However, adult life has caught up to me and due to time constraints and a packed schedule, along with me needing a break I have decided to step down from the Community Team. I am sure everyone in this team will do an amazing job moving forward, and it has been an absolute pleasure to work together with all of you!

Thank you and see you next month!

image.png.5f042667eb76e3428c855e61f68fcf4c.png

Im sad

Just now, Evonpire said:

Im sad

Same....

2 minutes ago, Evonpire said:

Im sad

We will miss you Marb! Also great work Ivory. :)

juUjzH2.png

Guess who’s back, back again...Ivory’s back, tell a friend. 

Rip Marb, but an awesome assortment of data. Can’t wait to start seeing the CT kicking it into high gear. 

F in chat for my man Marb ?

We don’t even get to see the exact number of percentage of halfling applicants.

Sad.

ur australian bias is showing, ivory!!!!! >: (

9 hours ago, Ivoryyy_ said:

Marb121 stepped down from the Community Team-