[✗] [✗] [Magic Lore + Playable CA] – Galderes Magic

JuniperSelkie

Sure.

I love how the formatting turned out! Instead of a wall of text you got some nice, readable areas and spoilers! The spreadsheet is also a nice touch-up, as it makes it a lot easier to scan over the abilities! AND IT FINALLY GOT PROPER REDLINES! ❤️

has my support

This is too long for me to read all of it, but at a glance it appears amazing +1!

Not to be a downer. It's a solid post with a lot of detail. But it seems like a niche magic that has the interest of some but wont do anything in game other then be spammed or collected by a select few and then drop off the face of the earth. 

I'm not saying this is terrible. It's a great post and some decent writing behind it all. But from my eyes, it just adds another speciality club and doesn't do much beyond that. The aqua theme is new and all and I respect you taking that route. But how does it tie in with the world. 

Tldr. Good writing but I dont see it doing much on the server. 

The ocean is a scary place and I don’t even like. But this magic is lovely written and full of details I adore and I would like to witness in a roleplay experience, also for some reason I like it that one rule of the tenets said, that you do not keep the magic as a secret and hoard it.

29 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Not to be a downer. It's a solid post with a lot of detail. But it seems like a niche magic that has the interest of some but wont do anything in game other then be spammed or collected by a select few and then drop off the face of the earth. 

I'm not saying this is terrible. It's a great post and some decent writing behind it all. But from my eyes, it just adds another speciality club and doesn't do much beyond that. The aqua theme is new and all and I respect you taking that route. But how does it tie in with the world. 

Tldr. Good writing but I dont see it doing much on the server. 

I actually like this feedback a lot, and that is something that I plan to change. There isn’t a lot of actual cultural substance to the lore but following its implementation (Should it be such) I want to vamp up a whole culture with it and what not. Affecting the current of lotc narrative is something that i dont feel any group should strive to be as that is just another ascended redo, but effecting groups of players without it being the entire server is a key ideal in my eyes. A lot of it isn’t written here, but the cultural aspect i plan to make very planned out and spread.

This is what you call solid formatting!   +1

4 hours ago, Zacho said:

I actually like this feedback a lot, and that is something that I plan to change. There isn’t a lot of actual cultural substance to the lore but following its implementation (Should it be such) I want to vamp up a whole culture with it and what not. Affecting the current of lotc narrative is something that i dont feel any group should strive to be as that is just another ascended redo, but effecting groups of players without it being the entire server is a key ideal in my eyes. A lot of it isn’t written here, but the cultural aspect i plan to make very planned out and spread.

Thing is. Lore should have a purpose in my opinion. When I sat down and read it, all I read was water magic. All of the spells were various different magic pieces chopped up and pasted together and the common factor was just water. I get that's the point. But it just seems like its going to become a niche magic that appeals to a small minority that offers no real advancement to lotcs story. 

The writing is good. I cant take that away from yall ever. It's a nice twist that groups haven't tried. But there isnt really much that sets it apart overall if you get what I mean. I'm writing both posts with little sleep so I do apologize if things are messy. 

Edited by L0rdLawyer

5 hours ago, Zacho said:

-Snip-

53 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

-Snip-

As mentioned by Zach we are frequently working on additional lore in regards to Galderes, including cultural aspects, the religions as it's own lore, updates on Dresdrasil as Aengueldaemon and much more. By doing such we are exactly aiming for what you are looking for: Advancing LoTC’s Story.

We hope that Galderes will become part of a foundation that focuses more on Oceanic topics, may it be new Creatures, Religions, Historical Aspects and also allow for new Event-Ideas, such as the possibilities to add Events to explore forgotten and maybe sunken kingdoms and much more.

Also, as a remarking note: This magic is not to be hoarded, as we even added a tenent against such. We all agreed that we didn't want history to repeat itself and instead allow those interested in more Oceanic features to learn this magic and use it. Sure,  it applies to a certain mindset or minority, yet, so do many other forms of magic. May it be Shades, Ascended or Druids. Not everyone likes the same and Lotc is offering different forms of magic and different roleplay options due to exactly that fact.

However, thank you a lot for your feedback. It is always good to receive feedback from someone that has concerns, as it allows us to present out our pre-planned lore route and even get new ideas to add to it! As such, thank you.

The way of how this is formatted does give it a pleasant read. It’s a cool magic in my opinion and does make sense in a way. I think this could be a cool asset to lotc. +1