Cassowary race

Tronzoid

Is it legal for my character to be a member of a race of Cassowary humanoids? Any roleplaying game worth it’s salt should allow people to play as non-hominid characters.

Edited by Tronzoid

There actually are quite some non-humanoid creatures to play, some can only be played if found irp, some you can just apply for. Maybe check out the creature application section on the forums ?

I might sound like an idiot for asking but wtf is a Cassowary

as lore games are in effect some CA races are unavailable to play. Kharajyr, Hou-Zi, and Ologs are available as their current lorepieces stay through the games (From what is told within The Lore Games threads). Look into their lore if you are curious, or write your own piece using the new guidelines. Otherwise, there are no “Beastly” races to play beside the three, that come to mind.

2 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

as lore games are in effect some CA races are unavailable to play. Kharajyr, Hou-Zi, and Ologs are available as their current lorepieces stay through the games (From what is told within The Lore Games threads). Look into their lore if you are curious, or write your own piece using the new guidelines. Otherwise, there are no “Beastly” races to play beside the three, that come to mind.

Hmm, perhaps I could write some lore on my race, I am planning to just let the lore develop on it’s own over time

3 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

I might sound like an idiot for asking but wtf is a Cassowary

This beauty

Image result for Cassowary

1 hour ago, Tronzoid said:

Hmm, perhaps I could write some lore on my race, I am planning to just let the lore develop on it’s own over time

This beauty

Image result for Cassowary

Oh ok. Also, you can’t just start playin a race, you have to choose from the available ones. If you wanna make bird people, gotta do a lore submission

On 8/6/2019 at 1:08 AM, Slothtastic said:

Oh ok. Also, you can’t just start playin a race, you have to choose from the available ones. If you wanna make bird people, gotta do a lore submission

And how long should the lore submission be? I could get a few lines of lore down

I'd recommend going into the lore section of the forums and viewing the templates for writing a race and then looking at other races written by other people. I'll warn you though. It's more than a couple of lines. Essentially, you need to have enough information so that someone can play the race exactly as you want it to be played without ever needing to talk to you about it. 

Saw one of these yesterday, and I have to say they would make an incredible animal/hybrid species.

They can tear your intestines out in one kick. Let's make it happen.