[✗] Alchemy - Miscellaneous Pack 1

JustMeMorgan

Note: These are some alchemy substances that would be interesting to have in LotC and could be made by most people with the knowledge and idea.

Drugs

Spoiler

4qxBRmSTSPUthiYZUZXeIBrnLlLTi1R6oLquksMeE38zQ2NT9-ZcoI_2kBo2OuF7poqWU3sSncqZ47PvX0pOCYUIRlatEuGCpVpS2rS7s-01zXsj25pyR0LDcu6ZJg2vFwdroWNI

White Roses [#0006]
Aqua Vitae

Zawabate x2

Earth : Endurance (Moderate)
A large quantity of sugar

Cutting up then crushing up the Zawabates, the alchemist would then dump it into the Aqua Vitae, heating it up they will add the other two symbols and then adding large amounts of sugar till the solution is heavily saturated, the alchemist then will boil down and then leave to evaporate the mixture, of which will begin to crystalize. Once all the liquid has been evaporated away, the crystals that remain should be crushed into a fine powder which would be a Grey colour.

When taken in, the drug greatly relaxes the person and seems to slow time around them (albeit this does not affect their reaction time, which is also greatly reduced meaning to anybody else, they are just being very slow), after full effect occurs, colours will seem to fade from the user making everything only a grey colour

Overdose can cause sight damage as the mind tries to remove colour from objects, meaning one may see certain colours as grey when they are in fact full of vibrancy, other side effects can be vomiting and death in copious quantities..

uXJXQavMZ3_3tqtiY9c_HNYfvatZv8Unkxi1b58sg06yQonz6zZB1gMEIiJKrjlpflxiPB3R8kSaXsr90Qyl9CnKMKpXIHAHj-KFBrYuC-Jm5DicwZHBg2KpZXnMOa-G95on6tTz

Sewer Kingdom Special™ [#0007]

Aqua Vitae

Zawabate

Water : Fluidity (Weak)

A large quantity of sugar

Cutting up then crushing up the Zawabate, the alchemist would then dump it into the Aqua Vitae, heating it up they will add the other two symbols and then adding large amounts of sugar till the solution is heavily saturated, the alchemist then will boil down and then leave to evaporate the mixture, of which will begin to crystalize. Once all the liquid has been evaporated away, the crystals that remain should be crushed into a fine powder which would be a Cyan colour.

This powder when taken in small quantities brings forth a great relaxing property. Colours will seem to blend and merge as the fluidity of the hallucinations causes one to experience weird and wonderful merges of colour, this would couple with a greatly relaxing feeling causing the person to be extremely slow physically.

It is possible to overdose on this which can cause vomiting, blindness and if continued overdose occurs, death.

Poison

Spoiler

Blooders [GFA #0008]

Components:

Aqua Vitae

Saffvil - Earth Moderate [Death]

Desert Berry Bush - Earth Moderate [Perseverance]

Desert Berry Bush - Fire Moderate [Overwhelming]

Tippens Root - Earth Moderate [Endurance] 

Starting with a portion of aqua vitae, one will grind down and dry Saffvil and then add it to warmed aqua vitae, mixing until the liquid goes green. From there they will add desert berry bush, which should still be fresh and grinded thoroughly to a pulp, increasing the heat of the liquid and stirring the mixture should turn to a deep yellow which indicates it is ready for the Tippens Root, which should be added as a finely made powder. After stirring for several minutes the heat should be increased to a bubble, from there the liquid will turn to a reddish-brown colour indicating it is ready.

From here the alchemist has several options, the first is that they reduce the mixture and add lard where it will become an oil sticky enough to be left to a blade, the second is that they leave it to cool and bottle it as a poison and the third is that they reduce it down adding a significant amount of a powder (e.g. bone meal) and leave the rest to evaporate, where they will then sift it to gain a fine powder which could be used also as poison but could be added to a meal instead of a drink.

Description & Effects: This substance when ingested causes blood to clot and deteriorate this can be deadly for those who leave it untreated after intaking a significant amount as it may find itself in the bloodstream causing internal issues which can be significantly painful after a few minutes, when attacked onto the body it can cause the nearby limb to feel numb and stiffer to use over a few minutes and so on. It does however have a significant weakness. This weakness is that if one was to apply large quantities of blood in replacement, such as a person drinking pigs (or other animal) blood or pouring it into the wound (which is not advised) then they can cause the poison to ‘use itself up’ and either ease the poison, or nullify it before it can take effect.

• When used by weapon, it is not a quick win as it takes a few minutes to take into effect, and also wears off soon after as the body can fight it off over time.

• When ingested, ingesting blood of any creature can nullify its effect

• Can cause severely debilitating effects however is not lethal, at most one may fall unconscious from the internal pain as it could feel like having a heart attack as the body begins struggling inside.

Oil

Spoiler

Arcane Sunderer [GFA #0009]

One litre of magical blood, from either creature or descendant who is/has the type of magic which wants to be targeted

Fire : Destruction (Moderate) or Earth : Impediment (Moderate)

Fire : Overwhelming (Moderate)

Fire : Power (Moderate)

First, begin to boil the litre of blood before leaving it to cool. Crushing up and drying all the reagents add them in each order, leaving several minutes before each addition and heating, mixing and cooling the substance after each reagent is added. After this has been done, add a large amount of oil and begin heating up the liquid to boil, allowing the blood to boil and break down in the oil this will merge the substances together. Once all the blood is gone and only the oil remains cool the oil down and then bottle. One set of these ingredients can create up to 3 bottles.

Deciding by whose blood was used the blade will target the desired ‘category’ of those creatures, here are the examples:

Blood from a Naztherak can be used to fight Inferis and Malflame

Blood from a voidal mage or other voidal creatures can be used to combat such creatures on respected planes

Ectoplasm or blood from a Mystic can be used for fighting ghosts

Blood from a frost witch can be used to for fighting frost witches

This Fiery substance seems to have a magical-destroying effect, when contact is against magical substances such as arcane spells, malflame or magically controlled substances the substance will begin to bubble and boil off, in return the magical effect is nullified, an example for this could be a warrior pours it on their chest-plate, as they are then hit by an arcane beam, this would cause the arcane bolt to be reduced in size equal to the amount it touched, potentially reducing the amount of impact the person suffers, other effects could be neutralizing malflame by pouring it on the skin.

When used offensively on swords or other weaponized objects (e.g. arrows, and surrounding objects) it delivers increased damage to magical creatures or mages of it’s respected category. This can be seen as delivering wounds which may bleed more, against creatures native to those planes of existence it may be able to deliver more effective cuts and slashes which would have easier times severing the flesh or breaking the substance they are made of (e.g. stone or metal)

This takes 2 emotes to apply to armour, or three to for a weapon (as to get a good enough coat of the oil), it will then last for around 3-4 attacks (where contact is made, not just swinging and missing) before wearing off. On armour it will last till boiled off, but generally running around or large movement can cause it to slip off reducing protection from magic.

• Although can be applied to armour, it does not last and will wear off after combat encounters as rain will wash it off and it will eventually dry or slip off.

• When applied to weapons, it cannot be used to “slice through” spells however can cause significant damage to mages allowing the severance of limbs to become much easier than what is normally possible, and has severe effects against voidal creatures.

• Affects the relevant type of magic that the blood was used from, e.g. a Naztherak’s blood would make it powerful against demons, a voidal mage’s blood would make it powerful against voidal entities, a mysticist blood would make it powerful against ectoplasm based creatures and so on. This would be specified in the description: (Voidal/Mystic/Demonic). A Naztherak who has voidal magic will still count as Naztherak blood, a pure voidal mage or creature is required for voidal blood.

• It’s biggest weakness is ranged attacks as it’s biggest strength is close range, secondly mundane fire can cause it to ignite with similar effects to napalm, as it is an oil and is viscous it would be difficult to use it offensively.

• Injuries dealt with this liquid cause a red vapour to bulge around the area where the injury was dealt, which blocks bleeding as it seemingly ‘vaporises’ the area.

• Deals ’increased’ damage, this does not mean it can be used on a sword as a light-sabre and vaporises the limb cleanly, it would however mean that a weapon such as a knife, with enough force could completely severe a hand.

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer

I love you too, please like my lore I at least try

2 hours ago, LorelessPuddleMancer said:

One litre of magical blood, from either creature or descendant who has voidal magic.

descendants with voidal magic have normal every day blood.

2 hours ago, Tox said:

descendants with voidal magic have normal every day blood.

it’s a magical fantasy setting with wizards and **** where nobody can die and yet if someone writes “oh this potion requires some eye of newt” someone else has to come waltzing in and say “b-but newt eyes don’t contain any voeadal substances...” like that’s compelling writing or like it even matters, holy fuckamoly

lemme ask you a question, Lore Genius. how does “magical blood” cause this potion to work, if at all? do you have a bunch of sensitive modern pharmaceuticals chemistry equipment you’re using to find out? no? okay then why does the composition of a magic person’s blood even matter nerd, it’s the 18th century nobody understands how any of this works on a molecular level, irl people in 1727 were eating mummies and tinctures of mercury and “miracle cures” made by the local quacksalver mixing a bunch of random garbage together, but heaven forbid our precious minecraft lore has any vague or contradictory elements regarding the totally fictional science of alchemy...

3 hours ago, rotund_man said:

it’s a magical fantasy setting with wizards and **** where nobody can die and yet if someone writes “oh this potion requires some eye of newt” someone else has to come waltzing in and say “b-but newt eyes don’t contain any voeadal substances...” like that’s compelling writing or like it even matters, holy fuckamoly

lemme ask you a question, Lore Genius. how does “magical blood” cause this potion to work, if at all? do you have a bunch of sensitive modern pharmaceuticals chemistry equipment you’re using to find out? no? okay then why does the composition of a magic person’s blood even matter nerd, it’s the 18th century nobody understands how any of this works on a molecular level, irl people in 1727 were eating mummies and tinctures of mercury and “miracle cures” made by the local quacksalver mixing a bunch of random garbage together, but heaven forbid our precious minecraft lore has any vague or contradictory elements regarding the totally fictional science of alchemy...

I think you need to take a breath. He was just pointing something out.

As the other guy said (Albeit in a much more angered way) It’s fantasy and stuff, it’s basically just representations of the targeted thing so I took the idea of a mage’s blood, it’s like phil with his previous lore of mage bones, they’re just normal bones but they’re from a mage so it has representations from a mage

9 hours ago, rotund_man said:

Hate to break it to you but within each fantasy platform there is lore that goes with it that explains or states how said fantasy platform works. And within lotc's lore and fantasy, voidal mage's blood isn't special. I suggest stepping back and taking a breather considering all he did was point out a simple inconsistency with this lore. 

if you can say how it’s unspecific you could be specific yourself, otherwise it just means nothing happens

And secondly I’ll refer to the whole idea that it’s representative, I’m just taking an idea from an older piece of lore from Phil with mage-bone weapons which had the same effect, the oil is something I can change up as needed, it’s merely a concept I tried putting into practice.

I’ve been waiting for like 2 years to do alchemy and I’m finally able to do it again ya’know

Inspiration from SourDough’s piece, I’ll link the area it originates from too. This was a previously accepted thing so I’m seeking on reinventing it as an oil instead of bones, as you can see he uses mage bones as a representation, seeing how Phil was the alchemy man back in the day I’d trust that blood would have a similar representation

https://gyazo.com/f42de742e6149e57a34f7a9f7073e49e

one of the points of the oil is to be a form of counter to mages as the only really other counter is just bomb-rushing them, and has other uses for people from different backgrounds, e.g. monster hunter-esque characters etc.

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer

8 hours ago, NightcastorKitty said:

Hate to break it to you but within each fantasy platform there is lore that goes with it that explains or states how said fantasy platform works. And within lotc's lore and fantasy, voidal mage's blood isn't special. I suggest stepping back and taking a breather considering all he did was point out a simple inconsistency with this lore. 

And I pointed out that it was not an inconsistency, and it would take someone totally bereft of imagination to see it as one. I’m sorry it bothers me a little bit to see people’s lore criticized for pointless tripe like the *composition of mages’ blood* (which no one would even know in character.) I just don’t understand why the lore team would waste time thinking about this nonsense.

LoTC is not just a fantasy setting, it’s a collaborative improv fantasy setting. Where it matters much more that the lore can be understood and accessible. And it’s much, MUCH better if you sit back and accept RP as it comes than nitpick at minute details and force other writers to bend to a set of made-up rules for fantasy.

Food for thought; make something more than just some unbound vanilla tier potion brewer ****. I know u morgan my dude, the hours we spent making that ******* alchemist fire. There was nothing alchemical in there, it was more like cooking, which has nothing to do with alchemy. I think a lot of people thirst for something that is simply more. Something creative, something new, look over real life alchemy, mysticism etc. And so in short, I find this lacking, and I find this bland, apologies. 

On 8/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, LorelessPuddleMancer said:

Blooders [GFA #0008]

On 8/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, LorelessPuddleMancer said:

Arcane Sunderer [GFA #0008]

Fix number