[✗] Alchemy - Miscellaneous Pack 1

JustMeMorgan

Oops fixed

twas’ a mino typo

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer

On 8/7/2019 at 1:42 AM, Tox said:

descendants with voidal magic have normal every day blood.

in fairness, as per CURRENT (though soon to be yote) blood magic lore, you have more genus if you’re a mage or high elf...
That said the context it’s used in this lore, being ‘this specific guy’s blood targets this guy’s specific magic’ doesn’t apply in said lore

Also, @DeusVidet I hope the below ruins your current mood:

On 8/6/2019 at 10:53 PM, LorelessPuddleMancer said:

when contact is made against this oil and magic or magical creatures, it has similar effects to thanhium in the way it will absorb it

I’ve reworked the last one to be a bit more specific and defined, also added the clause which describes what happens if a voidal mage may also have a dark magic (the dark magic overpowers the voidal)

As I said before it's symbolism, alchemy at it’s core is about symbolism, herbology is not alchemy but it’s what most people seem to think it’s all about when it’s really not, eye-change potions required symbols of sight, plants don’t have sight so you could use eyeballs instead as an alternative, it’s stuff like that which alchemy had at it’s core

The symbolism is an idea mixed with how blood is a representation, you have a Naztherak whose blood could have a representation of Inferis a Void mage’s blood represents Eldritch and blood is an identifier for those who are Inferis or Eldritch, the main reason for it’s creation was an Irp idea response to one of Mystery’s events against the voidal horrors, but I simply opened it wider to allow more players to use it for alternative reasons thus the dynamic remains and stops it from just being a self-supply weapon

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review, a verdict will be given within a few weeks.

This lore has been denied.

The ST found quite a few inconsistencies with the Poisons and Oils sections. The limits were undefined and seemed genuinely out of place when looking towards the rest of alchemy in its current form. Not enough redlines were included or seemed over-powered in their current form, especially with the current restrictions against poisons.

Most of the issues lie directly in the content of the piece, where it was deemed either out of place or too overpowered for the LT to accept without drastic changes and modifications.