[✗] [CA Playable Race] The Fjarriagua

𝙻𝚞𝚟 XO

tumblr_ny0whuIq8A1qcruu2o3_500.gif
As someone who had a hand in creating this lore, I know my support doesn’t exactly mean much, but after having worked on this with Luv, Slay, and Dev. I can say that this rewrite moves the witches into a new direction, its much more witch-like, with them being less civil and more the creatures you would expect man eating ice women to be. The new abilites are a nice addition to the lore, along with the added sabbaths being extremely neat and very fitting with the ideal of a witch.
I’m excited to see where the witches go if this rewrite is accepted. 
I’d also like to thank Luv, for pushing for this to happen, its been long needed, and I’d like to thank the LT for giving feedback/opinions.
Serious +1 from me.

I hope after all your hard work that this rewrite finally gets passed. Well done @Luv! +1

Edited by Gilded

Amazing +1

gotta say. you really snapped. +1

Really wanna see some Ice women again. Very well written lore post, hope it is approved!

Truthfully, I have been a hater of the Frost Witches for a long, long time. However, I can tell that you have put a lot of effort into this piece of lore, Luv, and congratulations are in order. This is definitively a step in the right direction for the Frost Witch lore, and its effect on the community.

I speak only from experience, but I will list below some parts of this lore that I believe leave room open for powergaming, and that you can improve on.

2 hours ago, Luv said:

✦ Feral Response

The Feral response is a Witch’s form of “fight or flight”. When a witch is in a dire situation where it is live or die, feed or starve, they may enter this feral mode depending on the situation at hand. When a witch goes feral she will be trapped in a savage guise of their true ice form and be unable to cast any of their Frost Witch magic or any other magic they may also have. During this mode a witch however get a few different sets of abilities which she may use to her advantage depending if she chooses to fight or flight. However the decision to enter this last stand is a hard one as the witch loses a part of herself and feeds into the beast inside - becoming savage and incapable of greater thinking while in this form. Her only goal is survive. Her only goal is eat. It is important to note that a witch who has not feasted on the flesh of men within the last week she will be unable to use this form.

In the snow a witch will be able to move a 0.25x quicker speed, and have the same increase of physical strength, than they would normally be able to. This allows witches to get a speed boost to escape sticky situations or to quickly hunt down the last escaping prey. This burst of speed and strength only takes place if the witch is in a climate that would normally favor her ice magic.

Witches also gain the ability to perform a stun ability of their choice that would fit the witch aesthetic and the roleplay scenario they find themselves in. Some witches could choose to greatly increase the glow of their eyes in dark locations in order to temporarily blind an opponent. Or perhaps release an ear piercing screech that would knock someone out of concentration. The choices here are endless, but nothing that could cause physical harm to someone and this can only be done once per combat situation. 

I think this segment in particular is the one I am more troubled by. It is good for flavor, but there is no way to effectively calculate a gain of 0.25x movement speed in roleplay. I believe the last paragraph should be more concise, as it is too ambiguous and it is a combat ability. In order to prevent confusion, and make combat more effective, I think you should clarify what can and cannot happen. People will always bend the rules, and find loopholes in order to gain leverage.

3 hours ago, Luv said:

✦ Banshee’s Bind

Men oftentimes have little to no use for a Witch besides becoming her meal, however in the case that a witch finds herself between a rock and a hard place - her dinner might help her gather midnight snacks to save for later. When a witch is unglamourous and near the corpse of a descendant man, she can awaken a temporary enthrallment within the husk and raise it back to temporary life in order to assist her. Glowing blue eyes and haunting groans are all that remains of the man as he becomes a tool of the devilish ice maiden. 

I think this spell is interesting, but it is practically necromancy. Spells like these should remain part of that lore, but sadly it has been shelved for about a year now.